12.06.14

Cate Blanchett In Chloé – Women In Film 2014 Crystal + Lucy Awards

Cate Blanchett In Chloé - Women In Film 2014 Crystal + Lucy Awards

Cate Blanchett attended the Women In Film 2014 Crystal + Lucy Awards at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza on Wednesday (June 11) in Century City, California where she collected the 2014 Crystal Award for Excellence in Film.

The actress wore an ultra-feminine piece from Chloé, who do soft hues and pretty, cascading ruffles oh so very well.

Everything about this look is light and effortless, from the dress itself to the styling and the makeup.

If you look a little closer, you can see that Cate broke up the ivory hue with a pair of Lorraine Schwartz brown diamond and turquiose leaf earrings, with a chic updo and gold Jimmy Choo ‘Doodle’ sandals completing the look.

442160_in_xl

You can buy Cate’s Jimmy Choo ‘Doodle’ Sandals from Net-A-Porter.com and Jimmy Choo UK.

Credit: Getty

Allison Williams In Dolce & Gabbana - Museum Of The Moving Image Honors Richard Plepler & Charlie Rose

Allison Williams In Dolce & Gabbana – Museum Of The Moving Image Honors Richard Plepler & Charlie Rose

Tilda Swinton In Schiaparelli Couture - 'Snowpiercer' LA Premiere

Tilda Swinton In Schiaparelli Couture – ‘Snowpiercer’ LA Premiere

21 Responses to Cate Blanchett In Chloé – Women In Film 2014 Crystal + Lucy Awards

1. Martin June 12, 2014 at 10:23 #

Odd, odd, odd. I just don’t get it – weird, unnecessarily busy and completely unflattering. And, most importantly, it displays none of the refinement that we are accustomed to when Cate walks the red carpet. Major disappointment.

• Lashae June 12, 2014 at 10:28 #

+1. I like everything from the neck up, everything else though is so unflattering and kinda ugly.

• dee June 12, 2014 at 13:32 #

+2. I really don’t like the dress. Neck up is lovely.

2. Alina June 12, 2014 at 10:26 #

Soft, feminine, elegant. I like it!

3. Yeliz June 12, 2014 at 11:02 #

I only like the top part of the dress. Neck up she looks amazing, I love the earrings.

4. Ramsay June 12, 2014 at 11:05 #

Supremely chic – and the whole outfit is put together so beautifully from the flat sandals that work perfectly with the softness of the dress and its nonchalance feel to the earrings that give colour to the soft hair
    And of course there is her skin
    Just so good
    BDOTW worthy imo

5. Marcel June 12, 2014 at 11:25 #

The skirt is a bit fussy. It gives me a gypsy feeling, which I dislike. I would prefer it with less ruffles.
    From waist up she looks absolutely gorgeous.

6. Iva June 12, 2014 at 11:25 #

Not her best.

7. Christine June 12, 2014 at 11:55 #

Gorgeous. Nice look on her. I like the earrings

8. Anne June 12, 2014 at 13:50 #

Hips-up, this is lovely. The ruffled sleeve adds the perfect amount of light and ethereal whimsy for summer. Then, the skirt happened… ruffle over-kill. But, wow, she gives great face.

9. kane June 12, 2014 at 13:57 #

Hm, I look for the punch but can’t find it. The earrings are nice but only work in the close up.

10. Rebecca Z June 12, 2014 at 15:16 #

I love her hair makeup and earrings, but this dress is too sweet for her in my opinion.

11. glyc87 June 12, 2014 at 15:17 #

The skirt looks wonky around the hips, but this looks so comfortable and ethereal, I love it!

12. gabis June 12, 2014 at 15:35 #

The dress might not have been the best choice but her flawless styling more than make it up to it. J’adore!

13. Tatiana June 12, 2014 at 17:30 #

Gorgeous! The silhouette is a complicated one to wear but she makes it work so well. I love the effortless vibe of it (that sandals make the look even more chic) and she as always looks stunning. BDOTW worthy for me.

14. Charlotte June 12, 2014 at 17:34 #

Very pretty indeed. It is quite different from what she usually wears yet very in her style at the same time. I like it a lot (though I think it might look better in someone with less bust but she is very tall so it is not distracting) and the earrings are amazing.

15. Peter June 12, 2014 at 18:16 #

This is very Galadriel like, so obviously I love it. The ethereal and simple look is her best one, it makes you focuse on her beautiful face. It is hard to beliieve she is 45!

16. Nat39 June 12, 2014 at 19:32 #

Drab, dowdy mess. Lovely from the neck up.

17. Grace June 12, 2014 at 20:24 #

I shouldn’t like this but I’m loving this. I think because is her and she makes basic clothes sing, but mostly because of the way she styled it.

18. Tracy June 13, 2014 at 05:31 #

I thought this was a nice change from her. Yes, it is not groundbreaking or memorable like all her Cannes dresses but it is still very nice.

19. Peony June 13, 2014 at 08:40 #

Fresh and ethereal, a nice change of pace from the edgy looks we often see from Cate. I do think there are some fit issues around the waist, and I would have preferred a delicate heel over flats to elevate the look – but I like this.