11.06.14

Sophia Bush In Fleur du Mal – Maxim’s Hot 100 Women Of 2014 Celebration

Sophia Bush In Fleur du Mal - Maxim's Hot 100 Women Of 2014 Celebration
Sophia Bush joined Laura Vandervoort at the Maxim Hot 100 celebration event, hosted on Tuesday (June 10) at the Pacific Design Center in West Hollywood, California.

The actress and Maxim’s April cover girl, who had also impressed that day at the MaxMara and W Magazine cocktail party, continued her trendsetting streak in a Fleur du Mal frock.

As can be expected, the sheer dress, which featured an embellished, rubberized look, delivered on the event’s ‘skin-is-in’ attitude.

The longer sleeves, not to mention the more classic lines of the undergarments, went a long way in helping the dress to maintain a slightly more refined footing amid its sexy edge.

On-trend, emerald-green ear cuffs, a casual ponytail and a bubblegum-pink lip brought some unexpected charm to the darker, moodier look, which she also accessorized with a Rauwolf clutch and black Stuart Weitzman ‘Nudist’ sandals.

We’ve seen the good, the bad and the ugly when it comes to the ubiquitous see-through craze. Did Sophia’s version stay on the right side of sultry?

Sophia Bush

Rauwolf ‘Octagon’ Clutchfarfetch.com US and farfetch.com
Stuart Weitzman ‘Nudist’ SandalsNeiman Marcus

Credit: Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The Max Mara Event Honoring Rose Byrne?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The Max Mara Event Honoring Rose Byrne?

Kimberley Walsh's ASOS Sweetheart Body-Conscious Dress

Kimberley Walsh’s ASOS Sweetheart Body-Conscious Dress

24 Responses to Sophia Bush In Fleur du Mal – Maxim’s Hot 100 Women Of 2014 Celebration

1. Marcel June 11, 2014 at 23:53 #

Oh, how demure , covering your arms… but showing your knickers ? And it’s even worse that is an over the knee length. Just plain HORRID.
    I think I had never seen her so badly dressed.

2. Nat39 June 11, 2014 at 23:58 #

Hell, no. I can live the subtly visible bra but crotch and derriere?? Wish there were a panel or embellishments around that area.

3. sophie June 12, 2014 at 00:08 #

Sophia looks awful. What were she and her stylist thinking???

• Christine June 12, 2014 at 12:14 #

Yeah this is not a good look at all.

4. Kathy June 12, 2014 at 00:24 #

I couldn’t even tell it was see-through at first, because the sheer panels are so dark and the long sleeves & collar make it a bit demure. For those reasons I’ll give Sophia a pass. I’m more concerned about the green ear cuffs, though. They’re such an eyesore.

5. Patricia June 12, 2014 at 01:01 #

SHE LOOKS FANTASTIC.

Don’t know what the hell is going on with the comments on this site lately, what’s the fuss on showing a bit of skin? (Also refering to Maria Sharapova’s look post).
    It’s not like they look like Rihanna at CFDA…

6. CreoleLady June 12, 2014 at 01:01 #

Tacky verging on trashy. In other words, perfect for a Maxim cover girl. Good thing the lighting is poor. I think the shadows obscure how tacky the look truly is.

7. justme June 12, 2014 at 01:28 #

I love Sophia’s style and I don’t mind the sheer trend but I have to say no. That’s just not a cute dress.
    I do appreciate her styling. It’s simple and those earcuffs are badass. Though I think one would have been enough lol.

8. Gemma Rockets June 12, 2014 at 04:04 #

I have no problem with people dressing to show off their bodies (I thought Rihanna looked amazing in her see through dress) but like the Guys Choice event the other today, I’m sick of awards given by men to women ‘celebrating’ female beauty and sexuality.

• Valissa June 12, 2014 at 07:10 #

It’s really quite disturbing that this event and the Guys Choice awards are attended to (and thus supported) by so many female celebs. They are sexist and ridiculous!

With that said, I don’t like this looks on her. The dress is unflattering.

9. Alina June 12, 2014 at 05:21 #

I love Sophia, but this is a no.

• Yeliz June 12, 2014 at 10:05 #

Exactly what I was thinking.

10. Emma June 12, 2014 at 06:12 #

I think she looks fantastic. Edgy and sexy. Love the hair, makeup, and jewelry too. I don’t know why so many of the comments are puritanical. She is gorgeous and confident and should be able to express that in the way of her choosing. GO SOPHIA!

• Patricia June 12, 2014 at 21:46 #

11. Hannah June 12, 2014 at 06:15 #

Beautiful! I hate to see women policing other women’s wardrobes, but I love seeing Sophia look strong and sexy. Great look!

12. Miguel June 12, 2014 at 06:27 #

I don’t like when there’s someone with a sheer dress and it’s a mini-dress (like wiith Kristen Stewart with her Erdem dress). I mean, we could see your legs because of the sheer panels. And I think two earcuffs are just too much. Just one would’ve been better.

13. kane June 12, 2014 at 08:00 #

What an ungly dress.

14. Kat June 12, 2014 at 12:36 #

A dress that requires you to wear granny knickers is hardly a winner. But I can’t get over the material – is this plastic? It looks like plastic and that’s just not right.

• glyc87 June 12, 2014 at 15:30 #

15. ayatlaw June 12, 2014 at 14:00 #

Yea, um no-I don’t like this. I just don’t like the dress-sheer or not, and I agree two ear cuffs is one too many.

16. jones19 June 12, 2014 at 14:12 #

I’m over the sheer trend but I can dig this, it’s subtle which is how one should do sheer.

17. Carolina June 12, 2014 at 19:55 #

“The classic line of the undergarments”? Unbelievable. No, I don’t think this looks good. At all.

18. Valeria June 13, 2014 at 04:15 #

I liked the Anna Dello Russo version of sheer skirt with, was it Dolce&Gabbana? But ever since, including this one, is horrendous. No problem with showing skin (well, maybe Rihanna and Lala shouldn’t read this), but there’s a very fine line between tasteful and trashy. And green ear cuffs make her look like an elf, and I don’t mean a forest cutie, even one would be strange.

19. Peony June 13, 2014 at 08:43 #

Are we seriously still doing this visible undies/sheer trend? This screams try-hard, even for a Maxim event…and is just desperately unflattering on her.