11.06.14

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen - Buckingham Palace Garden Party

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge attended a garden party held at Buckingham Palace on Tuesday (June 10) in London, England following her visit to the National Maritime Museum earlier in the day.

The Duchess wore a cream Alexander McQueen lace dress with a Jane Corbett hat in the same hue.

This is yet another repeat, as she wore this same dress, with a grosgrain belt, to a service at St. Paul’s Cathedral celebrating the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee exactly a two years ago.

Opting for a half-up, half-down hairstyle, she styled her look with a Russell and Bromley ‘Park Avenue’ clutch, Annoushka pearl earrings and, of course, L.K. Bennett nude pumps.

Credit: Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed At Spike TV’s ‘Guys Choice Awards’?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At Spike TV’s ‘Guys Choice Awards’?

Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway In H&M Conscious Collection - amfAR Inspiration Gala New York 2014

Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway In H&M Conscious Collection – amfAR Inspiration Gala New York 2014

26 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen – Buckingham Palace Garden Party

1. Lee Ann June 11, 2014 at 10:29 #

It doesn’t improve on second viewing . The hat is just plain silly

• Sophy June 12, 2014 at 13:24 #

It was such a perfect look the first time almost like an Audrey Hepburn iconic look and now that is forever ruined. What an idiotic hat- and to consider that it was custom made for this occasion and probably cost a small fortune.
      I now understand why she wears such heavy makeup- she needs it…she looks plain without it.

2. Alina June 11, 2014 at 10:32 #

She wore it better the first time.

• Yeliz June 11, 2014 at 11:00 #

I agree.

• Let June 11, 2014 at 13:09 #

ITA

3. betty brandenburg June 11, 2014 at 10:48 #

I really don’t mind the re-cycling bit. What I mind is that someone with so much money, and all the advice or help at her beck and call, and with such great assets (thinness, hair, teeth) can still look so utterly utterly boring and MIDDLE AGED.

Somebody needs to stage an intervention. We get bombarded with images of her, at least let it be worthwhile looking!!!

• Rye June 11, 2014 at 11:00 #

Lol yes I appreciate the fact the she’s not afraid to wear a dress twice but it has been too much, at least she needs to wear something new and unique for a change sometimes

• Christine June 11, 2014 at 11:01 #

Exactly

4. unathi June 11, 2014 at 11:04 #

I feel like Kate needs a style change.It can be just as small as cutting her hair into a bob or getting a fringe. But something different

• Catherine Kallon June 11, 2014 at 12:16 #

yes thank you. all her looks are rolling into on. she’s so boring

• Sleepless in Chicago July 9, 2014 at 03:20 #

… and she wears the same pair of shoes and the same clutch over and over again. She can afford more shoes. I do not think she would run out of closet space or her husband would mind.

5. kane June 11, 2014 at 11:33 #

Too many royals in long-sleeved lace dresses over the past few days! They just don’t do it for me, no matter if in baby blue, pink or nude. No, thanks.

Find her make up a little less harsh here so that’s a plus.

• Denise June 11, 2014 at 11:50 #

Agree about the makeup. The first time she wore it better with the waistband and the other hat.

6. Clara June 11, 2014 at 11:49 #

I love the fact that she often recycles dresses just like us mere mortals.

Though I prefer it with the belt, she still looks good.

7. jones19 June 11, 2014 at 12:14 #

I wish I could do her makeup for her…le sigh

8. Anne June 11, 2014 at 13:18 #

Pretty, but uninspired. I read on another blog that the hat reminds them of a tortilla, and now I can’t un-see it.

9. Maria June 11, 2014 at 14:58 #

She needs to go shopping. I have serious questions for the women who find her to be the epitome of style and fashion. Zzzzzzzzz

• molly June 11, 2014 at 18:03 #

The problem I have with her recycling is that she is always shopping, the re-wearing clothes all of the time its just PR to keep us mere plebeians from catching on. Even if she wasnt always shopping, she is hardly thrifty when you think of all of the spare outfits she buys for tours and events that never see the light of day.

10. tom June 12, 2014 at 02:41 #

i think alexander mcqueen would roll over in his grave if he saw these boring clothes baring his name.

11. MaddyEliza June 12, 2014 at 04:15 #

Those aren’t the LK Bennett nude pumps; they’re new ones that we’ve never seen her wear before.

12. andrea June 12, 2014 at 05:09 #

She is so boring. clearly she has to dress conservatively, but Princess Mary from Denmark dresses conservatively but beautifully. The duchess has no imagination. Every outfit is basically a variation of the same thing. The recycling is not the problem. Maybe she needs a stylist. imagine her working with Rachel Zoe!! Lol

13. Prudence June 12, 2014 at 15:07 #

OMGGG CATHERINE, YOU ARE THE DEFINITION OF BORING. I CANNOT COMPREHEND HOW GOD AWFULLY BORING AND OLD SHE ALWAYS LOOKS.

• Catherine Kallon June 12, 2014 at 18:23 #

LOL… I thought you meant me for a second…:D

• Prudence June 13, 2014 at 02:19 #

neverrrrr! you always slay when we see your looks, I need both of you Catherines to meet up so you can give her some style advice!