Angelina Jolie In Michael Kors – Global Summit To End Sexual Violence In Conflict - Day 2

Angelina Jolie attend day 2 of the Global Summit to End Sexual Violence in Conflict, hosted today (June 11) at ExCel in London, England with co-host England’s Foreign Secretary, William Hague.

The actress wore Michael Kors again, this time selecting a white neck tie blouse and wide leg pleated grey banker palazzo trousers styled with black Jimmy Choo ‘Abel’ pumps.

Her look is chic, sophisticated and event-appropriate look.

Event-appropriateness has to take precedence and she managed to nailed this again in impeccable fashion.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Menswear Midweek Red Carpet Roundup

Menswear Midweek Red Carpet Roundup

Karolina Kurkova In Honor - amfAR Inspiration Gala New York 2014

Karolina Kurkova In Honor – amfAR Inspiration Gala New York 2014

35 Responses to Angelina Jolie In Michael Kors – Global Summit To End Sexual Violence In Conflict – Day 2

1. sophie June 11, 2014 at 14:28 #

The first white look was better than this look.

It hangs off her frame is an unbecoming way, even though that was the point, as seen on the runway.

Seriously, her stylist Jen Rade isn’t great with The Jolie. She has a 50% Success Rate. Not good for a stylist.

Before you say ‘it’s event appropriate and it’s vain to harp about it’ we are on a website devoted to [respectful but] honest Fashion nippicking, led by our Hawk-Eyed and Fabulous Leader FC!

• Catherine Kallon June 11, 2014 at 14:40 #

I think, and this is just my opinion, that Angelina goes directly to the fashion houses herself….I don’t think Jen Rade is actually styling her any more.

• Lee Ann June 11, 2014 at 14:58 #

Agreed!
      How by the way do those event appropriate trousers stay up without a belt?

2. Charlotte June 11, 2014 at 14:39 #

I love the pants.
    I miss the belt. Still, she looks great.

3. Yeliz June 11, 2014 at 14:52 #

Event appropriate and chic.

4. Alina June 11, 2014 at 15:03 #

I liked her previous look and I like this too.

• Fiona-Brasil June 12, 2014 at 02:28 #

5. Christine June 11, 2014 at 15:11 #

First things first, huge admiration for this woman. Love the fact that she is taking a stand and sending a global message that needs to be heard. I can only aspire to be like her. She is truly an inspiration!

But with that said, since this is a fashion site and since we are here to comment on clothes and accessories—–I can’t deny this is so unflattering. She looks comfortable but this seems rather big and frumpy on her.

• Camille June 11, 2014 at 20:56 #

• d June 12, 2014 at 13:43 #

6. fatima June 11, 2014 at 15:57 #

The outfit is horrid. Attack me as you may, but she should know that being well dressed would actually attract more media attention.

When Princess Diana campaigned for landmine eradication, she never sacrificed looking glamorous.

7. kane June 11, 2014 at 15:59 #

I like the idea of this, but it’s just way too wide. She looks like she’s starring in “Honey, I Shrunk the Angie.”

8. Kat June 11, 2014 at 16:06 #

I once had a roommate who went absolutely berserk whenever I would wear trousers without a belt. Now many years later I can see where she was coming from. This look desperately needs the belt.

9. gabis June 11, 2014 at 18:12 #

I don’t know but given what was so well said by Guest on the other post I’m starting to wonder if maybe this type of event should stop being featured here. She’ll always look presentable and event-appropriate in those events and most likely nothing past that since looks are not the main concern. So how can we comment and complain about something that was the last thing on her mind?

• Marcel June 11, 2014 at 19:26 #

I completely agree ! I million times !
      It is a very sad state of our society when some criticize a woman for not wearing a belt(! ) when she is fighting against rape.
      I don’t care if is a fashion blog or not.

• justme June 11, 2014 at 21:40 #

You’ve had some harsh comments in the past though and you didn’t seem to care about the wearer’s state of mind or what the event was. You can’t have it both ways.
        The fact that this is a fashion site (where users are supposed to comment on appearances) and not cnn.com is very relevant.

• Marcel June 12, 2014 at 08:57 #

I am absolutely sure my comments were never on a woman crusading against rape. And how is that admissible to take the opportunity to say she “looks skeletal” at an event like this or the one earlier ?
          You aren’t seeing the forest for the trees.

10. justme June 11, 2014 at 18:55 #

“I’m starting to wonder if maybe this type of event should stop being featured here.”
    I thought about this as well.
    On the one hand, Angelina isn’t there to look good but to support a cause that deserves all the attention in the world. But on the other hand, this outfit is beyond unflattering. I feel bad for trash talking her but this is a fashion blog, there’s no point in being a hypocrite.

11. dee June 11, 2014 at 20:03 #

I like everything waist up. Pants are too wide for her.

12. Nat39 June 11, 2014 at 20:44 #

She is drowning here…something event-appropriate and more structured perhaps??

13. Dani June 12, 2014 at 04:01 #

I love the pants, but wish they were paired with a more tailored blouse.

14. cherrysoftness June 12, 2014 at 04:12 #

When a celebrity lends her name and star power to an organization, her largest contribution is spreading awareness about the cause. Having her there makes every event more visible, not just to news sites but, suddenly, to gossip and Hollywood and fashion sites as well. Why should we boycott her humanitarian appearances when, I think, that is when featuring her matters the most? It sounds like people are saying, “Let’s not pay any attention to her unless it’s appropriate to criticize her pants.”.

I love seeing Angelina here, I’m happy to see her representing an important cause, and I for one appreciate that this site can somehow help spread the word about her activities by featuring her clothes.

15. Mari June 12, 2014 at 05:12 #

I saw pictures of her in movement and the whole outfit seemed very once and flawy. I bet it looked better in video/real life than in posed till pics.
    Tnx for featuring her. She is not a clothes horse, but she mostly gets it right. As someone sid upthread, being fashion forward is probably an afterthought. She is not dressing to impress, or draw attention to herself at an anti-rape summit.

16. Mari June 12, 2014 at 05:13 #

sorry, I meant her outfit seemed very nice and flowy.

17. rebecca o June 12, 2014 at 07:40 #

I hate the whole outfit. Terribly unflattering.

• thanks June 12, 2014 at 10:17 #

but then: speaking against rape, against rape-cultures, not stay silent, not look away, not but then: pretend it doesn’t happen and speaking up for people that are raped, have been raped, are going to get raped etc is not unflattering. for some it still is. we need to be educated and educate eachother. we need to become more civiliced. and not create more generations that are going to do this or let this happen to others (and exist on it)or themselves.

very flattering this, Angelina Jolie being the superstar that she is here.

• Marcel June 12, 2014 at 11:36 #

Better we don’t talk about that at all.. Put those subjects under the carpet because it is a fashion blog after all… lets trivialize a greater cause with details like the belt, her hands, her bonny structure…
        (SARCASM)

• Lee Ann June 12, 2014 at 11:45 #

We are not trivialing her cause by commenting on her attire. You are by making it an issue. as a woman I can separate the two activities : her activism and her wardrobe.

• Marcel June 12, 2014 at 11:59 #

Some people will use exactly the same argument to excuse themselves to say she looks skeletal… How that is relevant at an event like that ?
            You don’t have to answer… it is a rhetorical question.
            I am a woman as well. I also can separate her activities as you do, but my priorities seem to be different.Even if I am posting on a blog fashion.

• Marcel June 12, 2014 at 11:59 #

fashion blog.

• thanks June 14, 2014 at 11:43 #

speaking of more fashion. Hague was/is a very good accessoire in this case. thanks Hague! to praise him even more we should find out what he was wearing exactly. RCFA, maybe you can contact his press-people. a new important world will open for them.i’m seriously joking here. it’s a 2-way streat for once.

I saw Angelina sitting down being interviewed and the big pants (which i am sure will become a (comfortable)trend – remembering de high split?)were not visible (just like most people who are raped not being visible). so all fashion-people could easily listen to what she was saying. but with the pants we will remember it for a longer time and also while we’re busy with our fashion.

i also think that we can still have all the critics we want.

that is what you do in a world of freedom without rape (and other violance) or on a path towards that world.

always stay critical and think independantly all we want. whatever 2 subjects get mixed up. thats a part of love. and love and civilization are on the opposite of rape. always.

i’m sure i’m making a lot of spellingmistakes. i still have the right to say what i want and to be taken seriously.

• thanks June 14, 2014 at 11:50 #

even i see the spelling mistakes

18. thanks June 12, 2014 at 10:04 #

Thank you Angelina Jolie!

19. Agathe June 12, 2014 at 16:20 #

I actually like when power ladies are featured off the red carpet. It’s a great inspiration for our everyday office looks, like Angelina’s white outfit from yesterday. Thanks for this, FC!

20. Guest June 12, 2014 at 23:23 #

I am sorry to say this, but she looks miserable in this very unflattering outfit. Michael Kors is not a good designer and here’s the proof of it. Her all-white and all-black were great looks but this one is just a mistake.