10.06.14 Premiere

‘Think Like A Man Too’ LA Premiere

'Think Like A Man Too' LA Premiere 2

Four more stars made a bold splash, alongside Meagan Good, at the premiere of ‘Think Like A Man Too,’ hosted at TCL Chinese Theatre on Monday (June 9) in Hollywood, California.

Keke Palmer: Keke couldn’t be missed in her traffic-stopping, neon-yellow Cushnie et Ochs dress, boasting the label’s signature sharp cutouts. Her styling was just as bright, with a matching yellow manicure, a fuchsia lip, gold Christian Louboutin heels, a glittery clutch and XIV Karat Jewelry.

Gabrielle Union: Lovely in black lace, the actress balanced sophistication with sultriness in her Dolce & Gabbana cropped top and high-waist pencil skirt worn with ankle-strap sandals. A matte red lip finished her trendy-elegant outing.

La La Anthony: Well, there was certainly no missing La La, who ignored the cleavage or legs rule, opting to give us an eyeful of both in her Alexander McQueen embellished halter gown paired with similarly embellished cage sandals. Jacob & Co jewels, included a winged ear cuff, accented the look. I’m still trying to determine if the waist-high dual slits or the gaping keyhole is the worse offender here.

Taraji P. Henson: Also working a plunge that was perhaps a fraction too deep, the actress dressed in a Kayat Fall 2013 patterned red, front-slit gown. She accessorized with a quilted silver clutch, a lavender-purple lip and eye, and voluminous waves.

Credit: Getty

Angelina Jolie In Michael Kors - Global Summit to End Sexual Violence in Conflict

Angelina Jolie In Michael Kors – Global Summit to End Sexual Violence in Conflict

Liv Tyler's Stella McCartney Jeweled Slingback Flat Sandals

Liv Tyler’s Stella McCartney Jeweled Slingback Flat Sandals

31 Responses to ‘Think Like A Man Too’ LA Premiere

1. CreoleLady June 10, 2014 at 19:02 #

Gabrielle Union, sexy-chic. The rest, a bit too boobalicious for my taste.

2. sophie June 10, 2014 at 19:08 #

Judging from this single look, it’s no surprise La La is a BFF of the Kartrashians.

3. Prudence June 10, 2014 at 19:26 #

I am so sick of black girls always needing to bare it all. black hollywood above everyone else looks the tackiest on the red carpet. LALA WTF WERE YOU THINKING LEAVING YOUR HOUSELIKE THAT. None of them will ever get the respect they so desperately want from fashion with all this display of tackiness. And before yall go crazy on me, note that I am a black girl who is sick of my sisters looking so damn pathetic and sleazy all the time.

• NB June 10, 2014 at 20:10 #

that’s a bit harsh (tho LaLa is really trashy)

hello, Lupita? Naomie? Kerry? Gabrielle looks fab here actually.

the movie is “Think Like a Man 2″, after all.

• prudence June 11, 2014 at 00:44 #

For every Kerry there are 1000 Lala’s. I should not be satiated with 4 classy black women in Hollywood.

• Prudence June 11, 2014 at 00:49 #

I should not be content with 4 classy black actresses. For every Kerry there are a 1000 Lala’s.

• julyol1972 June 10, 2014 at 20:52 #

Sorry to say, but you’re absolutely right. We argue that we want to be perceived the same as our white counterparts, yet some of us show up as if we going to the club, instead of a movie premier.

As for Lala, now I see why she and Kim are such good friends. Thing is, the world has already had it’s fill of one Kardashian – we won’t tolerate clones. The tacky is real, judging from this carpet.

• Christine June 10, 2014 at 21:22 #

As a sister, I sadly agree.

• dee June 10, 2014 at 23:27 #

I agree. I’m a black woman too and I think looking classy goes a long way. Sexy is leaving something to the imagination. Just a hint of skin not baring it all.

• moonbeam June 11, 2014 at 03:05 #

I am black but I think your comment is hyperbole.

“I am so sick of black girls always needing to bare it all.” I’m embarrassed for you that you actually typed such a comment.

You’re making a ridiculous generalization.
      1: These are women, not girls.
      2: I have seen many white and hispanic celebrities dress in a trashy way on the red carpet. Just because Lala is showing too much skin at a summer film premiere does not mean that black female celebs in general “bare it all” all the time. Goodness.

• moonbeam June 11, 2014 at 03:09 #

Moreover, there are female celebs OF EVERY RACE that dress in a trashy manner more often than not. And yet you make it seem like black celebs dress in a trashy way most of the time, while white celebs (and celebs of other races) dress in a classy way all the time, when they do not. Manner of dress depends on the INDIVIDUAL, not the RACE. Lala like Miley Cyrus dresses in a trashy way due to her personal preferences, not her race.

• ayatlaw June 11, 2014 at 14:32 #

While I do understand what you are saying as far as fashion and couture…I still wholeheartedly believe there is enough trashy for every ethnicity. Also to be fair Lala is a Latina-she is Puerto Rican.

• Valeria June 12, 2014 at 06:02 #

Harsh but so true looking at this lineup. I don’t necessarily think they all dress this *trashy* on a daily basis but only Gabrielle looks tasteful here. Maybe it’s the fit that’s the problem though, and not the dresses themselves

4. Prudence June 10, 2014 at 19:26 #

on a happy note..gab looks fab

5. justme June 10, 2014 at 19:53 #

Gabrielle’s outfit is lovely and if I overlook Keke’s cleavage, she also looks nice.

The fact that I can see Lala’s tattoo near her crotch is killing me softly xD

6. Nat39 June 10, 2014 at 20:16 #

What’s with all the boobage? Gabrielle of the bunch easily – sultry, polished and elegant w/o being boring in simple black.

7. Christine June 10, 2014 at 20:18 #

Keke looks nice besides the boobage. Gabby look is ok

8. shontay June 10, 2014 at 20:25 #

It tickles me how opposed people are to “boobage”. Keke and Gabby look great. Lala’s dress looks cheap and terrible. I love Taraji, but that’s not a flattering cut on her.

9. Dhppy June 10, 2014 at 20:47 #

Union looks wonderfully elegant. Henson’s dress is nice but she needs some support around the breasts.

• Camille June 10, 2014 at 20:49 #

10. amy June 10, 2014 at 21:38 #

Gabrielle looks lovely.
    I like Keke’s dress but that’s a lot of boobage for that type of frock. Still, she looks nice.
    Taraji’s dress is not flattering on the bust part, she needs a bit of support.
    Lala= what a mess.

11. kane June 10, 2014 at 21:44 #

Gabrielle gets a pass, the rest just looks appalling.

12. Yeliz June 10, 2014 at 21:54 #

Gabrielle looks great. La La looks horrendous.

13. Sharon June 11, 2014 at 05:18 #

why are they covering what is not needed to be covered AND NOT what needs to be covered……perhaps they think only they have it……..

14. Sharon June 11, 2014 at 05:18 #

15. Sharon June 11, 2014 at 05:18 #

16. cyni June 11, 2014 at 07:02 #

Keke palmer looks lovely

17. Alina June 11, 2014 at 07:37 #

That is an Alexander McQueen dress. Am I the only one who is shocked?

• Maz June 11, 2014 at 10:17 #

Nope! I was shocked too. It looks so tacky it can’t ONLY be down to the wearer surely…just a bad dress?

• ayatlaw June 11, 2014 at 14:40 #

+1 It needs to be closed up top and on the sides!

18. Rye June 11, 2014 at 09:40 #

This is one tacky ensemble casts lol, while Gabrielle is not terrible, her outfit is uninspiring for summer