10.06.14

Juan Zorreguieta And Andrea Wolf Get Married in Vienna

King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima of The Netherlands attended Juan Zorreguieta and Andrea Wolf’s wedding held at Palais Liechtenstein on Friday (June 7) in Vienna, Austria.

The Dutch Queen, quite frankly, upstaged the bride, looking stunning wearing a breathtaking pink sweetheart-neckline Jan Taminiau Couture gown and elaborate matching cape.

Styling the look with a bag in the same hue, a silver waistband and dazzling diamonds fit for a Queen, I can imagine that all eyes were on Maxima. I know mine would’ve been.

This is a breathtaking BDOTY-worthy piece.

You may remember that Jan Taminiau created the gown she wore to the inauguration Of King Willem Alexander of the Netherlands.

Credit: Getty

Jennifer Lopez In Emanuel Ungaro - Beats By Dr. Dre Store Brunch

Jennifer Lopez In Emanuel Ungaro – Beats By Dr. Dre Store Brunch

Emily Mortimer In Alberta Ferretti - BAFTA LA Garden Party

Emily Mortimer In Alberta Ferretti – BAFTA LA Garden Party

40 Responses to Queen Máxima of The Netherlands – Jan Taminiau Couture – Juan Zorreguieta and Andrea Wolf’s Wedding

1. kane June 10, 2014 at 11:28 #

Wow, lots of royalty on the blog! I am so on the fence with this one–the gown is gorgeous, I would never deny a good cape even as big as this, but I can’t really decide whether this is just a little to BIG for a guest to a non-royal wedding. But I guess if you invite a queen, then you also want her to look the part. Can’t wait for her to bring this one out again and see what she will do with it then.

2. Ioana June 10, 2014 at 11:29 #

The previous blue gown by Jan Taminiau ranked very high in my BDOTY.

This sure will make it to the top 5, again. The gown is absolutely stunning; the cape works perfectly here. I love it!

3. heaven June 10, 2014 at 11:29 #

She looks stunning ! Jan Taminiau clearly works for her!
    I kinda wish she wore this to a more ‘Royal’ event.

4. Christine June 10, 2014 at 11:39 #

Wow she looks so regal. Love everything apart from the cheap looking purse

5. dips June 10, 2014 at 11:50 #

I guess its her brothers wedding and her daughters were the flower bearers afterall. That justifies a full blown gown from a Queen.
    Its beautiful. Long since I saw a proper Queenly gown. I want to see it in use again, without the cape and with a crown :)
    Asking too much?

6. Denise June 10, 2014 at 11:54 #

Can’t say I share the excitement. The gown is beautiful, the bag is terrible and the cape is like a tent. Adore the bling, though!

• AnnaLee June 10, 2014 at 12:51 #

Totally agree. The cape is too much and the bag looks like it’s from the 19th century. But the dress is absolutely amazing! The colour, the embellishments….
      However, I also think she upstaged the bride and seriously, you can NOT do that! No no no.

• amy June 10, 2014 at 13:30 #

agree on all points. the dress is lovely, everything else is so-so

• Kathy June 10, 2014 at 16:29 #

7. kayennat June 10, 2014 at 12:14 #

I don’t like the cape but love the gown. She looks great. She is a QUEEN and needs to dress like one. I don’t think the bride is upstaged, the bride looked lovely and like a bride.

8. Inge June 10, 2014 at 12:24 #

Wow.. She looks beautiful! I’m curious how the dress looks like without the cape. I hope she wears this another time. :)
    BTOTY contender for shure.

• Manel June 10, 2014 at 14:54 #

I’m sure she will wear that in the future.in royalista .com yon can find photo of her without the cape

9. helene June 10, 2014 at 12:32 #

Absolutely stunning!!!!

10. Magdalena June 10, 2014 at 12:35 #

She looks stunning.
    Queen Maxime gets too little attention, while Kate Middleton is waay overrated

• Flavia G. June 10, 2014 at 17:20 #

Totally agree with you! Kate should take some lessons from Maxima!

• Mel June 10, 2014 at 18:52 #

Maxima os my favorite by far. Also Letizia (Spain) is quite underrated.

• anu June 10, 2014 at 22:23 #

Completely agree!!
      Although Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned of Qatar is my absolute favourite!

• Prudence June 11, 2014 at 17:40 #

omg SHE IS A GODDESS! I wish she was featured on here more because she outdresses every celebrity.

11. Yeliz June 10, 2014 at 12:43 #

This is truly fantastic apart from the bag. The gown is gorgeous and she carries the cape very well.

12. Angela R. June 10, 2014 at 13:00 #

I think the bride had NO other option. She had to invite Maxima because she is the groom´s sister, so the least that the queen could have done is to keep low profile because this was not “her” day but the bride´s day. The dress is absolutely stunning, she looks gorgeous but she could have chosen something less impressive this time. However, she wanted all the attention focused on her, so she got it.

• molly June 10, 2014 at 20:29 #

In all fairness, the other guests were dressed in quite similar fashion. If you are familiar with Maximas style, this is how she does things. She loves bright colors and big gowns. Its ridiculous to accuse her of wanting all of the attention on her just because she chose to look good at her brothers wedding. Im sure she spoke to her sister in law beforehand and it wasnt a problem.

13. Manel June 10, 2014 at 15:00 #

She looks stunning and she gives her title all the drama needed with it and more than upstaging the bride she is honoring her like a queen should do. She should wear only Jan Taminiau.

14. Alina June 10, 2014 at 15:22 #

I don’t love the purse and I don’t think the necklace was needed, but everything else is gorgeous.

15. Nat June 10, 2014 at 15:25 #

Breath taking. Just amazing!!

• HELENA June 10, 2014 at 16:21 #

+1 Love how regal yet fashion forward this is!

16. Linda June 10, 2014 at 15:58 #

BDOTY worthy

17. marie June 10, 2014 at 16:17 #

Wow, mind-blowing.
    It isn’t the usual stuff we get from royals, the cape is actually kinda… cool.
    My god, she must really hate the bride… If I was said bride I would bite my nails off in jealousy.

18. Kathy June 10, 2014 at 16:28 #

Don’t understand the hype over this look. The colors & all the layers feel dowdy to me. When your gown is already floor-length, there’s no need to add another heavy satin cape on top of it. I’m not a fan of the dusty rose shades, and the bag looks like something from a little girl’s Glinda the Good Witch Halloween costume.

19. Xiomalys Crespo June 10, 2014 at 17:01 #

Definitely upstaged the bride. I love royals. Tehehe.

20. Mel June 10, 2014 at 18:53 #

I don’t care about the rest of the week, I already have my BDOTW

21. CreoleLady June 10, 2014 at 19:59 #

Wow! J’adore. If the bride is shy and retiring — and dresses/carries herself that way — then yeah, oh boy, all eyes on the queen. But usually, the glow of marrying the man (or woman) one loves outshines any and all guests.

22. Kat June 10, 2014 at 20:10 #

When Maxima gets it right she truly gets it right. (Her daughters as flowergirls also looked great.) I was a bit on the fence about the whole outshining-the-bride thing. But she is a queen and that gown can be seen as a sign of respect. Plus the wedding was late in the afternoon, so according to the somewhat arcane (well to me at least) dress code rules that requires something more formal than a two o’clock wedding.

23. Zeeuwsmeisje June 11, 2014 at 01:51 #

Not only did she upstage the bride, she upstaged the bride’s mom and her own mom as well. She looks like she’s going to attend a State banquet, not a family wedding. She’s not there in her role as Queen consort, she’s there as the sister of the groom. It would have behooved her to wear a simpler dress. This most stunning outfit was a ridiculous choice given the occasion.

24. Grace Patricia June 11, 2014 at 03:16 #

Queen Maxima doing justice to her name.

Love it. It looks great without the cape.

25. Gemma Rockets June 11, 2014 at 04:43 #

Hate the cape, but apart from that this is stunning.

26. Larissa June 11, 2014 at 09:42 #

I love everything about this cape included, I think it’s what truly makes the look here. I would only change the bag but overall this is amazing and a strong BDOTY contender.

27. Jess2 June 11, 2014 at 10:10 #

Wow! She certainly is breathtaking! This is going on my BDOTY list as well!

28. TR June 11, 2014 at 10:51 #

LOVE IT!!!

BDOTW for sure and BDOTY as well.

Thank you FC I love it when you have the Royal Ladies on RCF!!

29. Prudence June 11, 2014 at 17:34 #

that cape is more suited for Andre Leon Talley its so damn big. The bag is mega hideous and that dress is like a 1000 other Georges Hobeika princess gowns…overall there is nothing here that deserves bdotw let alone bdoty.

30. Renata June 11, 2014 at 20:47 #

Looking like a true queen. Absolutely love this