09.06.14

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen - 70th Anniversary of D-Day Ceremony

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge attended a ceremony to mark the 70th anniversary of D-Day on Sword Beach on Friday (June 6) in Ouistreham, France.

No surprised that she opted to repeat a look, wearing the same light blue Alexander McQueen coat that she wore during her mind-numbingly boring three-week tour of Australia and New Zealand.

On this occasion she paired the coat with black pumps, instead of navy, adding a black fascinator, which was perfectly perched above her signature bouncy blowout, and a Mulberry black clutch.

Credit: Getty

Tia Mowry In Elena Reva - ‘How To Train Your Dragon 2′ LA Premiere

Tia Mowry In Elena Reva – ‘How To Train Your Dragon 2′ LA Premiere

Must-Have Monday

Must-Have Monday

23 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Alexander McQueen – 70th Anniversary of D-Day Ceremony

1. Stel June 9, 2014 at 16:57 #

Absolutely gorgeous and appropriate but I’m really bored of these shoes..

2. Alina June 9, 2014 at 17:12 #

Boring and aging.

I simply don’t get her style. I don’t believe the protocol doesn’t allow her to wear nice colourful dresses with beautiful coats on top.

3. Prudence June 9, 2014 at 17:13 #

god she is such a bore,its like she has no life in her.

4. Arabesque June 9, 2014 at 17:16 #

FC I wish you would post SamCam, her 40′s-inspired outfit blew me away!

5. molly June 9, 2014 at 17:25 #

She must have been horribly hot in this! All the other royal women were wearing short sleeves or a light jacket with a cool updo, then she shows up in this. Even William was sweating and Kate had on several more layers. She should have taken cue from other women and prepared for the weather. Im sure she has hundreds of dresses still sitting in her closet that would have been perfect for this event instead of a winter coat.

6. Christine June 9, 2014 at 18:06 #

This is ok but her style is yawnworthy

7. dee June 9, 2014 at 18:38 #

Same ol’ boring look.

8. Nat June 9, 2014 at 20:36 #

Boring as usual plus I don`t comment anymore about her shoes bc she only have 5 pairs.

• Yeliz June 9, 2014 at 22:26 #

9. fatima June 9, 2014 at 21:14 #

I loved how you described it as “mind numbingly boring.”

I hope you start covering soon to be Queen Letizia. She wore a stunning white ensemble today and it would be a joy to see her frequently on this site.

10. Kat June 9, 2014 at 21:29 #

I normally defend her style but this is almost depressing (especially after seeing Samantha Cameron).

11. AnnaLee June 9, 2014 at 21:50 #

boring. If you compare this to Queen Mathilde’s blue outfit, she wore it way better! DOC really needs to get her groove back.

12. naama June 9, 2014 at 21:59 #

such a shame.

13. teens June 10, 2014 at 01:29 #

Are you saying Australia/NZ was mind-numbingly boring or Kate’s dress sense during the tour???

14. Valissa June 10, 2014 at 02:34 #

I too usually defend her style but she makes it so hard sometimes!
    I think it’s pretty obvious that Catherine doesn’t has a stylish bone in her body and that she has a very one-dimensional view of fashion. Like I can just imagine her thought process behind this going something like this:
    “Oh this is a nice Mcqueen coat that I wore in Australia so I’m sure nobody noticed…now what goes with blue? Black! Black goes with everything so I’ll wear my black pumps…and to match my pumps I’ll just wear a black fascinator because I have to…”
    I think she needs a stylist that’s actually good at styling…she’s got so much potential!

15. elena June 10, 2014 at 09:58 #

I think all the Queens and princesses were better dressed than her..for this event (normandie) She is so boring and so predictible!
    Queen Maxima of Holland looked so fresh, so young.. even Mathilda looked better

• Nat June 10, 2014 at 15:08 #

I agree. I wish we would see more looks of Queen Maxima. I prefer her over Kate at any day and event

16. Camille June 10, 2014 at 19:05 #

She looks like an old woman. But wait, I’ve seen old women who have more fashion sense than this. She is wearing a full on coat in June! Enough with the coats/coat dresses! She is dowdy and boring compared to all the other royals and it is just so disappointing.

17. Valerie June 11, 2014 at 09:55 #

I’m sweating just looking at her. This look is just so sad and boring. Compare this to queen mathilde (who is a queen, not “just” a princess).. It is possible to look appropriate, classic and modern at the same time. She’s a beautiful woman, i really wish she could wear clothes that complement that.