Nicole Kidman In Giambattista Valli Couture – 2014 CMT Music Awards

Nicole Kidman In Giambattista Valli Couture - 2014 CMT Music Awards

Nicole Kidman put the promotion of her movie ‘Grace of Monaco’ on hold to support hubby Keith Urban at the 2014 CMT Music Awards held at the Bridgestone Arena on Wednesday (June 4) in Nashville, Tennessee.

The singer wore a Giambattista Valli Spring 2014 Couture black and white silk mini dress enriched with blue embroidery which showcased her slender pins.

I would’ve loved this look had it not been for the modification.

Yes, the black panel makes the look longer – and, some might say, more age appropriate – but I think she could’ve rocked the original length with ease.

The black panel weighs down the look, taking away what made this look special.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kristen Bell In Zuhair Murad & Monique Lhuillier - 2014 CMT Music Awards

Kristen Bell In Zuhair Murad & Monique Lhuillier – 2014 CMT Music Awards

Alexa Chung In Chanel - Royal Academy Summer Exhibition Preview Party

Alexa Chung In Chanel – Royal Academy Summer Exhibition Preview Party

16 Responses to Nicole Kidman In Giambattista Valli Couture – 2014 CMT Music Awards

1. liz June 5, 2014 at 11:27 #

I wish they had whipped up another dress instead of patching up the runway version, but Nicole is so tall that at its runway length the hem would’ve been unwearable for anyone other than Rihanna.

• Cookie June 6, 2014 at 19:00 #

Exactly my thoughts. I picture that photo without the black panel, and she wouldn’t be able to sit down.

2. kane June 5, 2014 at 11:38 #

Adorable dress on the runway. While I can see why she had it altered I’m not too happy with the solution they found.

3. Christine June 5, 2014 at 11:51 #

Not liking the modification on the dress. She seen better days

4. Valissa June 5, 2014 at 12:00 #

Did they modify it or did she wear this as a top and add a black skirt? Either way the proportions are off. Not one of her better looks…

5. Yeliz June 5, 2014 at 13:05 #

The modification destroyed the dress.

6. Tiger Nueng June 5, 2014 at 13:47 #

By the way, she look really good!

7. lee June 5, 2014 at 14:36 #

I think the dress is very age appropriate. The puckering is due to the movement of her legs and should be expected in a couture dress, which are handmade. Only little thing that is bothering me is the shoe choice, otherwise she looks fantastic.

8. sophie June 5, 2014 at 15:12 #

Why couldn’t Mr. Valli make the white hem longer? I hate the shoes.

9. Anissa June 5, 2014 at 15:29 #

I guess I’m in the minority as I like both versions. Her version is almost like 2 dresses layered and I like the mirroring of the black on the bottom. Is it a heavier look as a result? Yes, but again this night wasn’t about her so I don’t blame her for picking the easier look of the 2.

10. Alex V June 5, 2014 at 15:30 #

Not age appropriate

11. Nat39 June 5, 2014 at 18:33 #

The black panel is an eyesore. She should’ve left this dress alone in the 1st place. It is simply not her dress, too juvenile for her, would’ve been nicer on a younger girl like Selena Gomez for ex.

12. Cooltweens June 5, 2014 at 19:58 #

I’m just happy to see her at the CMT Awards last night, as she has been fighting bronchitis for the last few days and had to skip some UK events. It’s great to see her in person with a dazzling smile. She looked fantastic on the red carpet.

13. pinksugar June 5, 2014 at 20:32 #

I like this dress but I feel it’s a bit too young for her.

14. Ramsay June 5, 2014 at 21:15 #

The dress had a lot of potential
    But the finishing touches (the hem, the shoes and even the hair) ruin it
    She has been having a bad year fashion wise (even movie wise judging by the review of Grace of Monaco) – even at Cannes where she always brings her A game she was below her standards (especially that very heavy Armani gown fir the premiere – the day looks by McQueen, Altuzarra and especially the asymmetrical Scervino were better)
    Does anyone know who is styling her now? That new stylist has not really delivered so far…

15. Gemma Rockets June 6, 2014 at 06:42 #

I actually like everything bar the shoes.