Alexa Chung In Chanel – Royal Academy Summer Exhibition Preview Party

Alexa Chung In Chanel - Royal Academy Summer Exhibition Preview Party

Alexa Chung attended the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition Preview Party held at the Royal Academy of Arts on Wednesday (June 4) in London, England.

Having worn Dior to the Glamour Women of the Year awards the night before, she returned to her favourite French fashion house on this occasion: Chanel.

She paired a white ruffled tiered crop top with a twee biscuit-hued midi skirt from the Pre-Fall 2014 collection.

No surprises that I would’ve loved her to have opted for different accessories to the black patent-leather booties and black Chanel clutch she styled her summery look with, but I will take these over the cowboy boots we saw on the runway.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jennifer Lopez In Versace, Versus & Atelier Versace - Neighborhood Sessions Bronx Concert

Jennifer Lopez In Versace, Versus & Atelier Versace – Neighborhood Sessions Bronx Concert

Emmy Rossum In Katharine Kidd - Sundance Institute New York Benefit

Emmy Rossum In Katharine Kidd – Sundance Institute New York Benefit

9 Responses to Alexa Chung In Chanel – Royal Academy Summer Exhibition Preview Party

1. Valissa June 5, 2014 at 11:48 #

I’m loving the skirt and top, she wears them incredibly well! I do wish she had opted for different shoes and a different clutch though. It would’ve be a great and unique look.
    But I still like this overall, it’s different and rather chic

2. Christine June 5, 2014 at 11:48 #

Not liking this

3. kane June 5, 2014 at 12:40 #

I was initially unsure about this one, but I think I fall into the love category. The top runs the risk of looking a bit boxy and big on the shoulders, but the cropping and the ruffling break this up nicely actually. Not sure if the black details were the best to go with this, but I don’t mind them. The hair, however…

4. Yeliz June 5, 2014 at 13:07 #

I like the ensemble but not the boring styling.

5. Anj June 5, 2014 at 17:39 #

um NO.

6. Marybeth June 5, 2014 at 17:45 #

1. She needs to make up her mind what season to dress for. She’s wearing a tweed skirt with black accessories, which screams fall/winter. And then she has a cropped, fluffy, summery top. Doesn’t work.
    2. She’s lost her comb again. *sigh*

7. effieee June 6, 2014 at 03:10 #

Although tan or gold accessories are obviously the better option, I quite like this look.

8. Gemma Rockets June 6, 2014 at 06:38 #

One of Lagerfeld’s worst Chanel collections in my view, but different shoes and bag could have saved this look.

9. LM June 6, 2014 at 07:39 #

Not sure why this look has garnered so many raves. Her usual unkempt hair is taking too much attention away from that ruffle blouse, and that skirt does not go well with these boots in particular. Karl’s designs are questionable at times.