Keri Russell In Rosie Assoulin – 2014 CFDA Fashion Awards

Keri Russell In Rosie Assoulin - 2014 CFDA Fashion Awards

Keri Russell attended the 2014 CFDA Fashion Awards held at Alice Tully Hall, Lincoln Center on Monday (June 2) in New York City.

I was delighted to see her for two reasons: firstly, she wasn’t wearing head-to-toe black; and secondly, I love that she donned a look from up-and-coming designer Rosie Assoulin.

Not an easy look to pull off, but Keri exudes goddess-worthy glamour in this flowing black and white gown accented with a draped mint-green ruffled sash for an ethereal, elegant touch.

As per, her hair and makeup were kept simple, with Irene Neuwirth jewels rounding out her look.

Does she pull off this look for you?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Brie Larson In Diane Von Furstenberg - 2014 CFDA Fashion Awards

Brie Larson In Diane Von Furstenberg – 2014 CFDA Fashion Awards

Lupita Nyong'o In Suno - 2014 CFDA Fashion Awards

Lupita Nyong’o In Suno – 2014 CFDA Fashion Awards

14 Responses to Keri Russell In Rosie Assoulin – 2014 CFDA Fashion Awards

1. Alina June 3, 2014 at 10:23 #

Mixed feeling about this one. While I like the green fabric, I wish it wasn’t so much in the hip area.

2. Yeliz June 3, 2014 at 10:32 #

I wanted to love this but that draped detail doesn’t work for me at all. It looks odd.

I’m thinking I would’ve liked this had it only been black and white, without the sash and worn with simple sandals.

• adrian June 3, 2014 at 21:42 #

3. kane June 3, 2014 at 10:46 #

I’m rather disappointed by this RC so far and this immediately struck me as one of the more interesting looks, in fact maybe the most intesting one. However, I realise only now that these aren’t baggy pants but in fact a skirt. I think super-well fitted pants would have given this the edge that the drape detail needed. Declutter the rufflings a little bit and it could have been perfect.

4. Christine June 3, 2014 at 10:57 #

Such an ugly design

5. Anissa June 3, 2014 at 15:11 #

I love this look. Classic lines w/ that sash giving it a little twist to make it new. She really pulls it off and is wearing the dress (vs. it wearing her).

• Kate June 3, 2014 at 16:00 #

I agree. I think she pulls it off, I just wish it were a tad shorter.

6. Maria June 3, 2014 at 15:11 #

I absolutely love this. It’s fresh and glamorous.. perfect hair and make up too.

7. great June 3, 2014 at 15:18 #

Carrying 2 babies there could be possible. I think the technical creatives within fashion should go and work on that.

8. gabis June 3, 2014 at 15:40 #

She doesn’t pull it off because the mint-green ruffle doesn’t look as nicely put together as in the look book. It’s a minor detail that makes a huge difference. Whilst in the look book the ruffles complement the dress on Keri it looks like a sloppy last minute attempt to elevate a boring black and white look. Not to mention her hair and makeup could’ve been better.

9. H June 3, 2014 at 16:55 #

I think this dress is not the prettiest but thankfully is on her and she has so much elegance that she wers it well. She is so beautiful she doesn’t need hair and make up to be so done.

10. Alex V June 3, 2014 at 17:10 #

The skirt is so long and red lippie was necessary

11. Cheryl June 3, 2014 at 23:54 #

I liked this look. She wears it better than the model does. The drape reminds me of Charles James.

12. Dhppy June 4, 2014 at 01:33 #

I’m just just okay with the gown, but I’m in love with the way she’s working this!