Lena Dunham In Fausto Puglisi – 2014 Bookexpo America

Lena Dunham In Fausto Puglisi - 2014 Bookexpo America

Lena Dunham attended Day 3 of the 2014 BookExpo America at The Jacob K. Javits Convention Center on Saturday (May 31) in New York City, where she presented her new book ‘Not That Kind Of Girl’.

I have sat and thought about Lena’s Giambattista Valli Couture Met Gala dress and, in short, I realised that I loved the look but didn’t like the hair and makeup.

The same applies here, as Lena certainly has the personality to pull off this Fausto Puglisi palm-tree-motif T-shirt and sculpted ‘pannier’ mini skirt with gold and crystal-embroidery palm-tree motifs from the Spring 2014 collection.

Pulling down the T-shirt to make it sit better, and adding some makeup, and this look would’ve been great, because her coral Jimmy Choo ‘Aza’ footwear choice couldn’t be better.

Anyone agree? I’m sure many strongly disagree?

FAUSTO PUGLISI - PALMS PRINTED SILK TWILL & ORGANZA TOP

You can buy Lena’s Fausto Puglisi Palm Printed Top from Luisa via Roma.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Lily Allen's Ashish x Topshop LED Light Up PVC Backpack

Lily Allen’s Ashish x Topshop LED Light Up PVC Backpack

Cheryl Cole In J Brand - Capital FM and BBC Radio One

Cheryl Cole In J Brand – Capital FM and BBC Radio One

32 Responses to Lena Dunham In Fausto Puglisi – 2014 Bookexpo America

1. Christine June 2, 2014 at 11:29 #

I kinda like this on her. It’s fun and vibrant and she looks somewhat cute here.

2. Marilyn June 2, 2014 at 11:29 #

Like Zosia Mamet, anything she wears could be improved with decent posture

• Kat June 2, 2014 at 13:12 #

+1!

• Jess2 June 3, 2014 at 00:35 #

Amen to that!

3. please June 2, 2014 at 11:30 #

I admire your relentless optimism when it comes to Lena, FC, but I wish we could vote to have her banned. My eyes would be thankful.

• Catherine Kallon June 2, 2014 at 11:56 #

Thanks for noticing, I am trying :D

She doesn’t make it easy.

• JJ June 2, 2014 at 14:04 #

I totally agree, Please. We already know LD is going to look sloppy and hunched over. I don’t know if it’s an F-you to fashion or what on Dunham’s part. It seems like she’s making of point of looking as bad as possible in very expensive clothes.

4. Alex June 2, 2014 at 11:30 #

I don’t think this flatters her figure. A pair of black pants with that top would have worked better, IMO.

5. Valissa June 2, 2014 at 11:31 #

I agree about the T-shirt, it needed to be pulled in more. Otherwise I’m ok with the rest of it, including the hair and makeup. She looks nice. The shoes are bad though…

• Schuy June 3, 2014 at 01:39 #

6. Lee Ann June 2, 2014 at 11:52 #

The ill fitting top makes it look like she has 2 rows of breasts. She does not need to wear volume on the top and the bottom. The shoes are wrong. The hair and make up non existent.
    In summary – quite horrible.

7. kane June 2, 2014 at 12:03 #

I appreciate that she’s trying, but that skirt doesn’t do her any favours nor the poor fit of the top.

• Yeliz June 2, 2014 at 12:38 #

• dee June 2, 2014 at 13:59 #

• lea June 2, 2014 at 15:39 #

The skirt isn’t the problem her, it’s the top. It’s such a shame because she is rocking the bottom part of this outfit.

8. Britta June 2, 2014 at 12:17 #

I love her. She’s such a talented young woman! And she always seem to have fun with fashion. I love her fun approach to fashion – too many takes it too serious!

• Rachel June 2, 2014 at 13:40 #

Yes! Why should someone have to hide their legs if they aren’t Cameron Diaz-esque? She’s young and having fun!

9. Lee Ann June 2, 2014 at 14:27 #

Err because of personal pride and self respect. I have seen her interviewed and she is terrific, smart and witty. Whether you like it or not, 90% of people’s judgement is made on appearance. This outfit does not do any justice to how terrific she is.

• Stacy June 2, 2014 at 15:12 #

+2000000

• lea June 2, 2014 at 15:26 #

Of course we are going to talk about appearance here, this is fashion blog for god sake. And I don’t see people here giving this kind of pass to people like Kristen Stewart, Dakota Fanning, Shailene Woodward and so many others.
      She looks bad. End of the story.

10. Cat June 2, 2014 at 14:33 #

Although the top is illfitting, the skirt is great and the print is fun. I like her look here

11. Rebecca Z June 2, 2014 at 14:58 #

It just isn’t flattering. She doesn’t present the clothes well and they don’t do anything for her. I am looking forward to her maturing some. She is very talented, but she’s like a toddler in a toy store.

12. bisbee June 2, 2014 at 15:02 #

I think she looks fine. She needs someone to teach her how to pose…she’s not the only one who uses that pigeon-toed stance when posing for pictures. But…she’s a smart girl, and dresses how she wants. If it doesn’t fit with your esthetic, just look away!

• lea June 2, 2014 at 15:29 #

I hope we’re going to used this argument in the future when it comes to people like Kristen Stewart and others.

• Lee Ann June 2, 2014 at 15:47 #

Gosh and here I thought the whole raison d’etre for this blog was for readers to provide their opinions on red carpet looks: good or bad. Silly me.

13. lea June 2, 2014 at 15:37 #

This isn’t working for her, I have seen her look good when she is style by someone who isn’t her stylist. So I came to the conclusion that her stylist can’t dress her. She has great legs and this skirt would have been so good with a regular white t shirt or a yellow one.
    She should find another stylist.

14. pinksugar June 2, 2014 at 16:29 #

I don’t know who thought adding volume to her figure was a good idea but I bet they later looked at this and realized their mistake. I am also not a fan of the shoe choice.
    Banning Lena is a ridiculous suggestion IMO. I think she is still fairly new at this and is at least trying. With time I do believe she will get better. (Rita Ora overkill is another story for me).

15. Larissa June 2, 2014 at 17:33 #

There are billions of dresses she would look beautiful in…I don’t know why she always chooses the ones that don’t flatter her body and make her look wider. Don’t even get me started on hair, makeup and lack of posture. This isn’t even about having a pretty face or a perfect body, It’s about knowing how to present yourself in the best possible way and she clearly doesn’t. I however appreciate that she tends to choose a fun-relaxed approach and doesn’t try to look sexy at all costs.

• Denise June 3, 2014 at 09:13 #

Agree on all points and on your ability to state your opinion in a polite way !

16. Nat39 June 2, 2014 at 20:21 #

The look is completely wrong for her – too twee and doesn’t suit her body type. She looks plain silly in this dress.

17. Alina June 3, 2014 at 06:42 #

Unflattering.

18. amy June 4, 2014 at 17:58 #

it’s not the most flattering outfit but I love Lena’s approach to dressing up. the girl wears what she likes.