29.05.14 Premiere

Willow Shields In Mary Katrantzou – ‘Maleficent’ World Premiere

Willow Shields In Mary Katrantzou - ‘Maleficent’ World Premiere

Willow Shields attended the world premiere of Disney’s ‘Maleficent’ held at the El Capitan Theatre on Wednesday (May 28) in Hollywood, California alongside Angelina Jolie, Elle Fanning and Sarah Hyland.

The young actress worked an edgier look on this occasion, wearing a Mary Katrantzou pastel-hued dreamscape-print dress featuring structured cap sleeves and a cropped-top overlay.

Wisely opting for a slick ponytail, I was totally on board with the edgier slant of the look, which included kohl-rimmed eyes, until I got to the red sandals.

Perhaps pink or blue would’ve been too obvious, but the red doesn’t gel well with the frock; plus, I am not a fan of those gold ankle-chain accents.

168251 - Copy

You can buy Willow’s Mary Katrantzou Caspian Jacquard Valee Dress from Stylebop US and Stylebop.com.

Credit: Getty

Allison Williams In Altuzarra -  'Wish I Was Here' New York Screening

Allison Williams In Altuzarra – ‘Wish I Was Here’ New York Screening

Camilla Belle In Gucci - Gucci Museo 'Forever Now' Exhibit Opening

Camilla Belle In Gucci – Gucci Museo ‘Forever Now’ Exhibit Opening

13 Responses to Willow Shields In Mary Katrantzou – ‘Maleficent’ World Premiere

1. Syl May 29, 2014 at 13:22 #

Isn’t she like 13 years old ? I find the dress a bit too mature for her age, it doesn’t suit her. Less make up and a cuter styling would be better imo.

2. Nami May 29, 2014 at 13:26 #

Not feeling this at all. She’s usually effortless and I feel like she doesn’t pull this off and the fit, length, and styling are all off.

• Christine May 29, 2014 at 14:06 #

Agreed. Meh styling

3. kane May 29, 2014 at 13:44 #

The close-up works for me although the eye make-up is a bit on the heavy side. The full shot is terrible. I don’t really care for the skirt and the selection of the sandals is truly baffling.

• Yeliz May 29, 2014 at 13:50 #

• SilentVisitor May 29, 2014 at 14:00 #

4. Kathy May 29, 2014 at 14:21 #

This silhouette is a little bit loose and unflattering. Maybe a belt or something nipped at the waist woud’ve been netter. Still, I love that she looks modern and fashion-forward while still age-appropriate. God knows Kiernan Shipka could learn a thing or two from Willow about NOT dressing like a sugary child’s doll.

• towanda May 29, 2014 at 16:39 #

for me Kiernan can teach her how dress for her age. She’s 13 and that makeup doesn’t suit on an 13 years old girl.

5. amy May 29, 2014 at 14:47 #

This is bad. She usually looks amazing. I expected more from her!

6. Rebecca Z May 29, 2014 at 14:50 #

I like the dress on her and I don’t mind the red shoes. I agree her eye makeup is too heavy. But the dress is great.

7. marie May 29, 2014 at 17:10 #

I think the dress in itself is quite age apropriate though a bit unflattering.
    The problem is the eye makeup, which is just too heavy and the shoes are also a bit off.
    The golden anklet-things are okay I think, especially considering her age, but the shoes – no.
    All in all, I think this quite okay – but have you seen Elle Fannings and Angelina Jolies looks? Next to them, this might be, well, get my point.

8. Alina May 29, 2014 at 18:38 #

Unflattering dress, ageing makeup.

9. Nat39 May 29, 2014 at 23:44 #

She just looks blocky, unflattering cut on her, the red sandals are out of place and the beauty look is too severe for a 13 y.o. Nay.