Elle Fanning In Elie Saab Couture – ‘Maleficent’ World Premiere

Elle Fanning In Elie Saab Couture - ‘Maleficent’ World Premiere

Elle Fanning joined Angelina Jolie on the red carpet at the El Capitan Theatre on Wednesday (May 28) in Hollywood, California for the world premiere of Disney’s ‘Maleficent’.

Continuing to be the yin to Angelina’s yang, the young actress looked divine, working the princess angle wearing an Elie Saab lilac-blue short-sleeved fully embroidered tulle A-line gown with a matching belt from the Spring 2014 Couture collection.

The gown is stunning, elegant and romantic with a striking silhouette; however, it instantly reminded me of an almost identical Elie Saab Couture gown Katy Perry wore to the 2012 Grammy Awards.

Plus, I am not a fan of the choker. Despite that, this breathtaking gown still deserves a place on the BDOTW list.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

33 thoughts on “Elle Fanning In Elie Saab Couture – ‘Maleficent’ World Premiere

1. dan oliver

I agree I’m not a fan of the choker this could of been a real wow moment because the dress is stunning but I feel a little under whelmed

2. Iva

I find this dress much more appealing than the one Katy Perry wore.
    Without the choker I would have loved this look.

3. Catherine

Absolutely stunning! Definitely BDOTW contender.
    I kind of like the choker – it’s probably a nod to other Disney princesses.

4. Marcel

The dress fits her character for this particular event , that is all. It looks lovely and it is very well made but I think you can see my point of criticism : year after year Mr Saab is only delivering the same dresses with minor variations.

1. lee

Sadly i have to agree with you. Mr.Saab makes gorgeous dresses, but they all look the same season to season.

2. Noemi

I kind of agree with you. I think he designs amazing gowns, but most of them are very similar with each other. I think that this gown is beautiful, I really dislike the choker (Sophia Loren always wears it and there’s a reason) but I also think that she’s too young for a dress like this.

5. kane

The runway styling works so much better: don’t fuss with unnecessary jewelry, let the dress speak for itself, maybe apply a rosy lip.

6. Yeliz

The gown is divine but I agree about the choker, it wasn’t necessary. Still she looks gorgeous.

7. marie

The color suits her perfectly and the dress is beautiful. The hairstyle is, too and though I’m sure it would have worked without choker, but I guess this accescoire is the one that makes you think “OMG Disney!”
    So that’s why I like the choker.
    BDOTW list definetly.

1. kevinappears

Totally agree! The choker adds a fairytale touch. This is Disney, she did the right thing! And FC, she is the Yang and Angelina’s Yin.

2. Quinn

I’m with you here. When I saw the image the first thing that came to mind was ‘this is so Disney!’. Without the choker I think the whole look would be too mature for Elle.

8. arwa

I think the chocker gave the look more of cartoonish vibe. Which I think is just lovely and sweet on Elle. I’m loving the whole look.

9. pinksugar

Beautiful gown, perfect for the event. But the choker almost ruins it for me. And the bad Fanning hair/makeup continues.

10. Lila

The choker is what really makes this look like a Disney princess outfit. Without it, I think the dress and updo would have aged her. With it, she looks like Aurora. Definitely a BTOW contender for me.

11. Dhppy

I like the choker actually. It works perfectly the rare neck that is that long. She looks lovely from head to train.

12. Gemma Rockets

Oh this is utterly divine. The jewels are particularly beautiful, although I don’t think the choker is needed. Seen separately it is exquisite but it’s one piece too much for this ensemble. Still, the dress is heavenly, the hair and makeup perfect and Elle herself looks happy.

13. steph

she has such a swan-like neck, I think she can totally pull off the choker! she looks absolutely divine and I can’t believe how much I love the choker with the dress!