Best Dressed of The Week - Aishwarya Rai in Roberto Cavalli

I hope you all had a great Memorial and Bank Holiday weekend.

BDOTW was very hard this week, with several BDOTY contenders on this week’s list.

My finger hovered over Jessica Chastain in Atelier Versace, Aishwarya Rai in Roberto Cavalli, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in Gucci Première and Sonam Kapoor in Anamika Khanna before settling on Aishwarya Rai.

Purely because the drama of the look was on another level – and by your votes it would appear you agree – plus, the dress still gives me goosebumps a week on, and it’s not often I can say that about a re-run.

When it came to the fellas our opinions differed. You went for Ryan Gosling in Gucci sans tie, whereas my heart said Channing Tatum, as always, but my head said James McAvoy in Burberry Tailoring.

BD Men

Credit: Getty

Anne Hathaway's Alexander McQueen 'The Heroine' Leather Tote

Anne Hathaway’s Alexander McQueen ‘The Heroine’ Leather Tote

Emily Blunt In Oscar de la Renta - 'Edge of Tomorrow' London Photocall

Emily Blunt In Oscar de la Renta – ‘Edge of Tomorrow’ London Photocall

9 Responses to Best Dressed of The Week – Aishwarya Rai in Roberto Cavalli, Ryan Gosling in Gucci & James McAvoy in Burberry Tailoring

1. Jaul May 27, 2014 at 14:19 #

Rai and McAvoy for me too.

2. Alina May 27, 2014 at 14:34 #

Kind of a surprising choice, as I thought your pick will be Jessica Chastain.
    Aishwarya was amazing too! Such a tough week!

3. magan May 27, 2014 at 14:56 #

Ryan is Ryan, ok. But James look fantastic

4. Iris May 27, 2014 at 15:27 #

you aren’t doing a Cannes list, FC? always look forward to those!

5. charlotte May 27, 2014 at 15:31 #

I completely agree with you this week, Rai and McAvoy got my vote as well.
    Maybe it’s just me,but this year’s Cannes red carpet failed my anticipation as so many looks are just plain and not swoon-worthy(Except for Aishwarya Rai and Blake lively I suppose).
    How I miss those ladies who have been crowned “queen of Cannes”for the past few years.

6. Marybeth May 27, 2014 at 15:38 #

What an impossible choice! I probably would have chickened out and put 3 or 4 up there as a tie!

But there’s no question that Aishwarya is worthy.
    Just stunning — and what a presence!

(The ladies from India —Sonam, Aishwarya, Freida — absolutely knocked it out of the park at Cannes, didn’t they?)

• Sharon May 27, 2014 at 21:11 #

@ Marybeth…..absolutely….Just what I thought….the ladies from India were on a league of their own………there’s something so very exotic about them…..mysterious is the right word ….whether they wear their traditional eg Sonam’s Anamika Khanna or a western gown….they instantly draw you to them…very magnetic presence……lets hope L’Oreal snares some more Indian women because it is a pleasure seeing them in Cannes..women like Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone and also Katrina Kaif who is by the way a L’Oreal girl but could not make it this year due to her prior commitments….started praying already……..cheers to fashion…….

7. Nat39 May 28, 2014 at 00:02 #

The Roberto Cavalli gown is striking, indeed, I said it the 1st time I saw it on Kristin. I know, I know – Kristin was blah and Aishwarya is a golden goddess, there is no denying she rocked the hell out of this gown, commanding presence and enviable tresses and all… but the fact that we failed to appreciate this gown then and now it suddenly a goosebumps-inducing, jaw-dropping creation threw me off, sorry, couldn’t help it, although I do understand why – Aishwarya and Roberto Cavalli seems to be a great match and I do think she is a worthy winner and had it not been for Kristin controversy, it would’ve undoubtedly been a knockout BDOTY contender for me.

• Maz May 28, 2014 at 21:51 #

I agree with everything you said! Which is why its Jessica for me. For the men James McAvoy definitely got my vote. Looking gorgeous in his three piece. Yum.