27.05.14 Best Dressed

Best of Cannes Film Festival 2014

bdod

In order to round out Cannes, I need your votes to determine who was the best dressed, favourite designer and queen of Cannes.

Click to VOTE

Milla Jovovich In Chanel - 'Pompeii' Tokyo Premiere

Milla Jovovich In Chanel – ‘Pompeii’ Tokyo Premiere

Kourtney Kardashian's Gianvito Rossi Pumps And Jennifer Meyer Pavé Diamond And Gold Star Necklace

Kourtney Kardashian’s Gianvito Rossi Pumps And Jennifer Meyer Pavé Diamond And Gold Star Necklace

22 Responses to Best of Cannes Film Festival 2014

1. Charlotte May 27, 2014 at 15:54 #

It was hard to choose between Rosie in Pucci and Blake Lively in Gucci black & white. I went for Blake at the end, more glamourous, more Cannes !

2. Fernanda May 27, 2014 at 16:04 #

Cate Blanchett in Armani Privé! Flawless

• asherlev1 May 27, 2014 at 21:19 #

+100000

And Cate for Queen of Cannes!

• Quinn May 27, 2014 at 23:22 #

I agree!!!!

3. Clemence May 27, 2014 at 16:10 #

I was confused between Blake lively and sonam kapoor … Went with sonam in the end as she us showed something different than the usual gowns we see..

4. shontay May 27, 2014 at 16:21 #

I chose Blake for best dressed. Pretty easy even though Cate is always beautiful.

5. Boombim May 27, 2014 at 16:25 #

Araya A. Hargate

6. Sia May 27, 2014 at 16:46 #

Sonam kapoor – queen of cannes

7. Marybeth May 27, 2014 at 17:14 #

Blake, Cate, Rosie, and Jessica certainly acquitted themselves beautifully during the festival. And I was happy to see the poll include the relatively unknown Jess Weixler, who did so well on the big stage.

But for me the ladies from India (Sonam, Aishwarya, and Freida) reigned supreme. The only question is which of the two best should be crowned queen.

Aishwarya has that incredible regal presence and is beyond beautiful — yet I am giving the crown to Sonam Kapoor. She had three gorgeous and very distinct looks. Two of them ( the Anamika Khanna and the black Elie Saab) would be in my top 3 looks for the festival and the other (blue Elie Saab) would be in my top ten.

As to which specific look I’d rate number one, I don’t know. My personal favorite is the Anamika Khanna but, considering the venue, I’m inclined to vote for the go-big-or-go-home black gown.

For designer I voted for Atelier Versace. The Gucci Premiere gowns worn by Blake and Rosie were great, and Elie Saab made a nice showing, especially with Sonam Kapoor’s presentations. But there’s no denying that Jessica Chastain’s glorious blue gown and Uma Thurman’s brilliant yellow one made a huge impact on a red carpet dominated by blacks and neutrals.

• Nat39 May 27, 2014 at 17:58 #

I also vote Sonam for the Queen. She was giving us moments – vintage there and a taste of traditional there – there was a sense of styling and creativity to her looks, all very well executed, as opposed to just looking drop-dead gorgeous in a great gown (like Aishwarya for ex.). Blake was my other option for the Queen. Cate’s only premiere look, unfortunately, didn’t turn out to be the magnificent moment I was hoping it would be.

Also the same choice of the designer, thought Atelier Versace did very well, some good, solid looks from the designer – Jessica, Uma, Hillary.

• Marybeth May 27, 2014 at 22:35 #

Yes, Hillary Swank!
        I’m glad you specifically mentioned that.
        The blue and yellow gowns grabbed my attention so much that I almost forgot how fine that Versace look was too.

8. Nat39 May 27, 2014 at 17:15 #

It can only be Cate in Armani Prive for me. It was BEYOND, it’s at the top of my BDOTY list, I’m completely awestruck.

9. Yeliz May 27, 2014 at 18:16 #

Favourite Look – Blake Lively in Gucci Première (black & white)

Red Carpet Designer Of Cannes – Gucci Première

Queen of Cannes – Sonam Kapoor

Least Favourite Look – Karlie Kloss in Valentino

Best Dressed Male – Ryan Gosling

10. EmmaWoodhouse May 27, 2014 at 18:20 #

Cate Blanchett in Armani Prive was my favorite look, but since she wasn’t listed I voted for Sonam’s fantastic Elie Saab ballgown. Cate is my queen of Cannes, though.
    Elie Saab is my favorite designer, although Gucci and Armani also did amazingly.
    Karlie wins (?) for least-favorite,
    and Ryan Gosling gets best male.

Cate was really who stood out for me, though. She was a vision the entire time. Sonam did well, too, and Rosie Huntington-Whitely, Blake Lively, and Jessica Chastain also stand out in memory as giving great looks.

Amazing coverage, as always, FC! It’s been a delight.

• Moxie May 28, 2014 at 15:07 #

I put Cate as a write-in for best dressed.

• EmmaWoodhouse May 29, 2014 at 14:42 #

I actually went back and did that too because she deserved it! :D

11. anagha May 27, 2014 at 19:27 #

For me queen of Cannes was Sonam who shone throughout the festival rocking all the 3 looks.Marion ‘s look was the least favorite look for me.Amongst males i voted for Matt Smith .

12. Moxie May 27, 2014 at 22:41 #

Favourite Look – Cate Blanchett in Armani Prive
    Red Carpet Designer Of Cannes – Atelier Versace
    Queen of Cannes – Sonam Kapoor
    Least Favourite Look – Karlie Kloss in Valentino
    Best Dressed Male – Matt Smith

13. Nate May 28, 2014 at 03:32 #

Jessica chastain, cate blanchett, Frieda pinto, Natasha poly are all contenders for the Queen of Cannes title. But in all fairness, Sonam Kapoor has earned the title and is more worthy of it than anyone else. She stood out and looked extremely gorgeous in all 3 looks. Other representatives from her country were good too, but she had that extra oomph or likeability factor in all her looks. Plus she’s so beautiful. Extremely gorgeous face she has

14. TL May 28, 2014 at 06:35 #

Favourite Look – Cate Blanchett In Armani Privé (turquoise)
    Red Carpet Designer Of Cannes – Armani Privé
    Queen of Cannes – Sonam Kapoor
    Least Favourite Look – Karlie Kloss in Valentino
    Best Dressed Male – James McAvoy

FC thank you for your hard work on a magnificent coverage of Cannes. Even though there were many nice looks, it was still a bit let down compared to the past few years. Nice but missing the WOW moment.

15. Ariel May 28, 2014 at 08:04 #

Sonam Kapoor. Final! Then, Blake and Cate.

16. Yari May 28, 2014 at 14:28 #

I thought Sonam Kapoor was beautiful. Her Anamika Khanna dress was stunning. At first I thought she might have been wearing a vintage Chanel. It had that classical timeless appeal about it. She gets a 10 on 10 for all her looks this year. Queen Of Cannes.
    Best Dressed Male would be James McAvoy, and the Red Carpet Designer of Cannes should go to Elie Saab, never fails to wow.