Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

BDOTW 24 May3

Hmmm…this is going to be a lot harder than I thought with at least 4 BDOTY contenders included here.

BDOTW Mens 24 May

Credit: Getty

Cannes Film Festival Best Dressed Of Day 10 Critics’ Choice

Cannes Film Festival Best Dressed Of Day 10 Critics’ Choice

Leslie Mann's Bionda Castana Leopard Satin 'Daphne' Pumps

Leslie Mann’s Bionda Castana Leopard Satin ‘Daphne’ Pumps

21 Responses to Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

1. Alina May 24, 2014 at 13:06 #

How am I supposed to choose?! It’s impossible, but I’m going to try. So…
    1. Jessica Chastain in Atelier Versace
    2. Uma Thurman in Atelier Versace
    3. Rosie’s Gucci Premiere and Emilio Pucci looks – I love them equally
    4. Sonam Kapoor with both her looks because I love them for different reasons
    5. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in Roberto Cavalli

For the men, the choice was simple – the always dashing Ryan Gosling.

2. Yeliz May 24, 2014 at 13:08 #

1. Sonam Kapoor in Elie Saab Couture
    2. Jessica Chastain in Atelier Versace
    3. Aishwarya Rai in Roberto Cavalli

Best dressed man for me is Ryan Gosling.

3. towanda May 24, 2014 at 13:33 #

i really wish see Chloe Moretz’s photocall look in the pool

4. Sandy May 24, 2014 at 14:06 #

Jessica Chastain. But Sonam is an extremely close second.

5. alvaro_spain May 24, 2014 at 14:16 #

I have chosen Jessica Chastain, but followed extremely close by Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in Gucci and Una Thurman in Versace.
    I wish Chloe Moretz was here, too.

6. Britta May 24, 2014 at 16:02 #

This week is crazy hard…it’s like asking a mother which of her kids she loves the most ;o) But – if I have to… I must give it to Jessica Chastain. But with both Uma, Aishwarya and Rosie so close.
    And Chloe was the best photocall outfit!
    Such a wonderful fashion week!

7. Tamara May 24, 2014 at 16:31 #

Sonam, but for the Anamika Khanna look!! J’adore!

8. justme May 24, 2014 at 16:53 #

Sonam Kapoor in Anamika Khanna & Ryan Gosling in Gucci.

If it wasn’t for his shoes, I would have voted for James McAvoy. He worked that three-piece suit.

9. Marybeth May 24, 2014 at 19:25 #

LOVE, love, love the whole first row!
    Impossible to choose, but I pick Sonam Kapoor in Anamika Khanna with Sonam Kapoor in Elie Saab a very close runner-up.

As for the men, I voted Robert Pattinson’s sharp all-black look. Matt Smith and Ryan Gosling runners-up.

What a week! Thanks, FC!

10. EmmaWoodhouse May 24, 2014 at 19:52 #

(I’ve been so sad to not comment more–my computer has been so slow it’s nearly impossible to comment frequently, but I’ve been fervently reading!)

Wow, what a great week!
    1. Sonam Kapoor (Elie Saab)
    2. Jessica Chastain
    3. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley (Gucci)
    4. Marion Cotillard

I do like Chloe’s and Kate’s looks pretty well too.

11. kane May 25, 2014 at 00:29 #

I’m very happy that Sonam is in the lead at the moment, although I ended up voting for Rosie and her more interesting and unconventional look.

I don’t get the appeal of Aishwarya. Not generally of course, but all her three Cannes looks this year have left me completely cold.

• kane May 25, 2014 at 00:31 #

Oops Rosie’s in there twice. Needless to say (well, for me) I went with the Pucci.

12. Nat39 May 25, 2014 at 02:07 #

Jessica Chastain never fails to impress in striking electric blue. I liked her Baftas look last year but I love this Versace more. Runner-up – Sonam in Elie Saab. Can’t say I’m a big fan of the gown (it’s a bit ‘funeral princess’) but with Sonam’s superb presentation, it’s quite an iconic moment.

In menswear, 2 men in tree-piece suits stand out to me. Matt Smith, followed by James McAvoy (shame about the shabby shoes once again, same as last week, b/c the suit is fantastic on him, a nice photocall look). Sorry, Ryan, but I’m missing that bow-tie, it’s a premiere, the look comes across as unfinished.

• Nat39 May 25, 2014 at 02:09 #

*three-piece suits

• Nat39 May 25, 2014 at 03:21 #

…and out of classic looks, I like Robert Pattinson in the 1st Dior Homme (white shirt).

13. Ann May 25, 2014 at 08:18 #

Kate Hudson in Osman and RVN the rest were dated and not exciting

14. elina May 25, 2014 at 18:38 #

I loved Aaishwarya in Cavalli the most. Loved the mermaid golden gown and she looked such a jaw dropping beauty in it.

15. samantha May 25, 2014 at 18:55 #

My vote goes to Bollywood beauty Aishwarya Rai in Roberto Cavalli- perfect 10/10 look for me.

16. Shak May 26, 2014 at 03:59 #

I think Freida pinto should have been there?!

17. Dips May 26, 2014 at 11:20 #

Did Freida Pinto miss out the week?
    Love Uma Thurman’s look. Lovely hue and she carries it off with such grace.
    Sonam looks lovely as well.