22.05.14

Rosario Dawson In Vionnet – amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala

Rosario Dawson In Vionnet - amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala

Rosario Dawson attended the annual amfAR Cinema Against AIDS gala held at the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc in Cap d’Antibes, France this evening (May 22).

For the second time during this festival, a celeb has come second to Naomie Harris.

This navy-blue Vionnet Spring 2014 cap-sleeved gown featuring a netted V-panel was worn by Naomie during the ‘Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom’ premiere in Paris back in December.

Aside from this being a tad snug on Rosario, I found myself rolling my eyes not only at yet another re-run, but also the styling.

A fringed shoulder bag? with that dress? and those shoulders? really?

Credit: Getty

Kelly Preston In Oliver Tolentino Couture - amfAR Cinema Against AIDS gala

Kelly Preston In Oliver Tolentino Couture – amfAR Cinema Against AIDS gala

Karolina Kurkova's Roksanda Ilincic Draped-Back Dress

Karolina Kurkova’s Roksanda Ilincic Draped-Back Dress

15 Responses to Rosario Dawson In Vionnet – amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala

1. Stel May 22, 2014 at 21:40 #

Tacky and so unveiling for such a serios event

2. Yeliz May 22, 2014 at 21:42 #

I’m also rolling my eyes at this now being the second re-run during Cannes. Not to mention that the gown is at least a size too small for her. I agree about the bag.

• adrian May 23, 2014 at 21:25 #

3. Robert May 22, 2014 at 21:47 #

Not a fan of the gown. The net detailing makes her bust look so unflattering. And why that bag?

4. Nat39 May 22, 2014 at 21:50 #

The top looks tight and awkward on her bustier frame, the netted panel looks cheap, the styling is blah, the navy is boring and it’s a repeat on top of that. This is dull and lackluster, I’m beyond disappointed.

5. gabis May 22, 2014 at 21:51 #

This is bad but what bothers me the most about Rosario is her posture. It makes everything even worse.

• Rebecca Z May 22, 2014 at 22:02 #

I agree about her posture. You don’t have to be a supermodel to know how to stand up straight so that the down looks right. Posture is one thing I love about Jane Fonda–hides a multitude of sags.

6. firien May 22, 2014 at 21:55 #

I can’t believe hor unflattering this gon is at her waistline. It’s painful even to look at it.

7. Iris May 22, 2014 at 22:40 #

She’s gorgeous but I can’t get on board with squashing the girls in mesh. I thought after Miranda Lamberts pink mesh mess that this look would be over. Sigh, not to be…

8. pinksugar May 22, 2014 at 22:54 #

I am tired of seeing her breasts bursting out of clothing. There is no excuse for poor fitting clothes when you’ve made it to Cannes.

9. kane May 23, 2014 at 00:45 #

Oh Ros… can’t decide what is the most unflattering bit about this dress, the revealing top, the over-emphaised shoulders or the heavy midsection.

10. Alina May 23, 2014 at 05:46 #

Unflattering. Just… change your stylist, girl! You’re better than this!

11. Valissa May 23, 2014 at 05:52 #

Naomie Harris deserves more credit for how great she makes everything look.

This is horrible on Rosario and so cheap looking…on Naomie it looks wonderful!

12. Noemi May 23, 2014 at 11:43 #

I thought the dress to be ugly but then I saw the photo of Naomie Harris and on her it looked so different.
    This is a big miss, wrong size of the dress and awful styling.

13. Jess2 May 23, 2014 at 12:06 #

A big no!! This dress is terribly unflattering on her. She is so lovely but not doing a great job in the style department of late.