Charlotte Gainsbourg In Louis Vuitton - 'Incompresa' Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Charlotte Gainsbourg attended the ‘Incompresa’ photocall during the 67th Annual Cannes Film Festival earlier this afternoon (May 22) on a wet day in Cannes, France.

The French actress gave us no surprises, wearing a look from the recently presented Louis Vuitton Resort 2015 collection, selecting their ‘Grand-Prix’ knitted silk dress – which was sheer enough to reveal her underwear – accented with a blue leather belt.

While this won’t be regarded as a big deal or even a faux pas by the actress, she really should’ve reconsidered her LV leather sandals as they are making her look like she has cankles.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Dita von Teese In Blumarine - Nice Airport

Dita von Teese In Blumarine – Nice Airport

Heidi Klum In Versace - Puerto Azul Experience

Heidi Klum In Versace – Puerto Azul Experience

11 Responses to Charlotte Gainsbourg In Louis Vuitton – ‘Incompresa’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

1. lucas May 22, 2014 at 16:09 #

she looks cool. i like it.

2. sophie May 22, 2014 at 16:11 #

I hoped Kristen Stewart would wear this, as she would werk it, but I like it a little on Charlotte. I just don’t like how her hair gets in the way and I don’t like her boring shoes. KStew would wear this with either boring black pointy pumps or killer Jerome Rousseau sandal booties.

3. sophie May 22, 2014 at 16:12 #

Oh and I forgot to add, as FC pointed out, that her underwear is showing and that puts she off. Visible underwear is always a no for me. Keep it classy ladies.

4. Rebecca Z May 22, 2014 at 16:13 #

Nothing. Not speaking to me at all.

5. Alina May 22, 2014 at 16:20 #

I don’t like the fact that we can see her underwear.

• Yeliz May 22, 2014 at 18:01 #

6. dafne May 22, 2014 at 16:27 #

she always tends to wear heavy footwear and that ‘s the way she likes it. i love her style

7. Maria S. May 22, 2014 at 17:28 #

Well, LV might have lost Sofia Coppola, but they gained a new devoted follower in Charlotte. Has she ever worn anything not Ghesquiere?

8. dee May 22, 2014 at 17:32 #

No this is bad. Hair looks unkempt. You can see through her dress and the shoes are doing her legs no favor.

9. marie May 22, 2014 at 20:12 #

Not bad, cool look. Her hair doesn’t look healthy, maybe the hairstyle is just too boring.
    Well, I could definetly oversee that if she’d at least crack a little smile; her expressionless face makes me a litle ill, I mean – what is bothering her? If I was guest in Cannes and I could afford such a cool look just like that, I would be smiling non-stop…

10. kane May 23, 2014 at 08:01 #

So I was going to veto this on the grounds of the underwear, but it’s growing on me in terms of cheekiness. I hate the shoes though and it really needed someone to look less uncomfortable.