22.05.14

amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala Red Carpet Roundup

amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala Red Carpet Roundup

Here is a roundup of some of the other attendees at the amfAR Cinema Against AIDS gala held at the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc in Cap d’Antibes, France this evening (May 22).

Toni Garrn: The model wore an icy silk skirt-and-top combo by Italian brand Redemption Choppers. The liquid-silk top is decorated with metallic needles on the side in an attempt to add an edge to the lingerie-inspired look. Toni styled this to perfection.

Karolína Kurková: Not a red carpet event has gone by where I haven’t loved what the model has worn; sadly, that came to a crashing halt today. Such an uninspiring, unflattering Dior look for a gala – or any – event.

Chanel Iman: The model opted for yet another Reem Acra gown, selecting a gold-draped look which she styled with a gold Jimmy Choo clutch.

amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala Red Carpet Roundup 2

Sofia Coppola: The filmmaker wore an all-black Louis Vuitton Fall 2014 look, which once again didn’t feel grand enough for the occasion.

Bianca Brandolini D’Adda: The socialite wore a divine Giambattista Valli Couture gown with an array of gorgeous floral embroidery; shame she couldn’t do something with her hair.

amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala Red Carpet Roundup3

Anne V: The Russian model stepped out wearing a black macramé dress by Italian brand Redemption Choppers. The brand’s iconic rose pattern runs around the rims of Anne V’s bespoke gown, which is cut just a little too close to the bikini line for my liking.

Jacquelyn Jablonski: The model donned a white beaded Emilio Pucci Spring 2014 column gown styled with Stuart Weitzman ‘Nudist’ sandals, and a Zagliani ‘Faye’ clutch.

Angela Lindvall: The model wore a spectacular floor-sweeping Redemption Choppers corseted silk cady and French lace dress, which was the perfect elegant yet super-sexy option for the night.

amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala Red Carpet Roundup4

Alexandra Richards: The model/DJ wore a lace corseted silk cady dress by Italian brand Redemption Choppers, styling the look with a black python clutch and red strappy sandals, also by Redemption Choppers, for a pop of colour.

Alessandra Ambrosio: The model wore a white Roberto Cavalli gown, oozing plenty of sex appeal with slits, cut-outs and embellishments.

amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala Red Carpet Roundup5

Sharon Stone: Following yesterday’s showing, this ruby-coloured Roberto Cavalli gown is a vast improvement.

Irina Shayk: The model continued her Atelier Versace run, wearing a custom pale pink high-neck gown with one sleeve and a thigh-high slit, with a cut-out at the front exposing a fully beaded Swarovski crystal-embroidered underlay. She finished the look with a matching pair of Versace platform heels.

amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala Red Carpet Roundup 6

Milla Jovovich: While I quite like Milla’s feather festooned Chanel Fall 2012 Couture creation, the dark lip is jarring here.

Ana Beatriz Barros: The model looked beautiful wearing a Zuhair Murad long-sleeved white silk gown featuring a draped bodice and an open, black-lace-embroidered back from the Fall 2014 collection.

Credit: Getty

Paz Vega In Fitriani Couture - amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala

Paz Vega In Fitriani Couture – amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala?

28 Responses to amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala Red Carpet Roundup

1. LOLA May 23, 2014 at 00:25 #

Milla is wearing CHANEL HC fall 2012.
    I quite like the fall 2014 Vuitton “modified” dress Sofia is wearing but it is too simple.

I think my favorite look of the night is by Carine Roitfeld. It is totally Cannes and i love it!

2. Marcel May 23, 2014 at 00:34 #

Sharon Stone outdid herself in the Department of Tackiness. Those cut offs are horrid, plain vulgar. It looks like she is caring a fake belly under the dress. The embroidery was badly made.
    I like Karolina’s Dior, a lot. And Milla’s which I suppose is Chanel ( but I could be wrong and in this case , please correct me)

• dee May 23, 2014 at 00:50 #

That dress Sharon has on is awful.

3. Nat39 May 23, 2014 at 00:35 #

Tony Garrn of the bunch. Her lingerie-inspired top-skirt combo is very plain, nothing to get excited about, but with her impeccable presentation it’s an overall successful complete look. She looks divine.

• Marybeth May 23, 2014 at 00:49 #

Yes, I agree about Toni. She lifted that outfit to a much higher level with her elegant styling and poise.

4. Bec May 23, 2014 at 00:40 #

Sharon Stone’s dress is atrocious :-/ Those cut outs make me feel uncomfortable lol

Nothing amazing here but my faves are Jacquelyn Jablonski and Angela Lindvall as they are lovely dresses and their styling, hair and makeup are all on point as well.

5. kane May 23, 2014 at 00:41 #

Holy cow… what a ghastly gallery. None of them are good looks, Toni and Sofia (snooze) are at least not tacky. I still remember just how much I was in love with Karolina’s look last year… and now this :(

• dee May 23, 2014 at 00:53 #

I agree Toni’s is boring too.

6. Marybeth May 23, 2014 at 00:44 #

Jacquelyn and Ana Beatriz are my favorites.
    Love Bianca’s dress but the hair desperately needed to be back or up.

Quite a few of these looks scream Las Vegas showgirl, I fear.

7. dee May 23, 2014 at 00:49 #

A lot of tacky and awful going on. I only like Ana’s look.

8. dee May 23, 2014 at 00:52 #

Sofia is boring.

9. CreoleLady May 23, 2014 at 01:12 #

J’adore the Valli. That woman’s hair is terrible, what a waste. Yep, Toni Garrn is the pick of this bunch.

• Alina May 23, 2014 at 05:34 #

I agree.

10. Lisa May 23, 2014 at 02:40 #

I see horrid crimes against fashion:

1. The worst cut outs that I have ever seen: Sharon Stone. This should actually be nominated for some “worst” category.

2. What a waste with the Valli dress. It looks breathtaking and is totally wasted by the wearer. If I was the designer, i think I would be crying.

11. Markness May 23, 2014 at 02:45 #

Such a disappointment from Karolina. :(
    I wish Sofia’s dress was embroidered to give it more oomph. I have never seen her in a dress that makes her have curves so that would be good.

And what are those circles on Sharon’s belt. They look weird. As if she’s nude or something.Bianca’s the only one who looked stunning in this array.

12. Valissa May 23, 2014 at 05:17 #

This whole event was a disaster. I remember it being a chic event attended by A-listers…was it not? Now it’s just a bunch of models and socialites wearing tacky gowns.

I do like Toni Garn however, it’s nothing special but at least it doesn’t look cheap.
    The Valli on Biana is gorgeous too…shame about the styling.

13. Yeliz May 23, 2014 at 08:28 #

Toni looks by far the best.

14. Noemi May 23, 2014 at 08:29 #

Toni Garrn is my favorite, she looks stunning and classy. The others are already seen, a bit tacky, etc. I also like Sofia Coppola, she’s minimalist so I never expect from her to wear ott gowns and even if her look is a bit too simple for the event, she looks much better than other women.

15. scarlett May 23, 2014 at 08:47 #

Where’s Clotilde Courau in all this? She may not have had the best look of the night but it was a damn sight better than Sharon Stones.
    Toni looks nice but boring, I love that Milla took a bit of a risk

16. Jeremy May 23, 2014 at 09:25 #

Karolina Kurkova!!! WTF?!

Seriously. I’ve been waiting all week for her to show up at Cannes and bring some Supermodel Glamour.

But this?! Tragic. Such a huge let down. This is probably the most ill-fitting thing I think I’ve EVER seen KK wear. The hair has had zero effort. The dress is drab and dull. Fail.

17. DorianGray May 23, 2014 at 10:53 #

I was disappointed by all there girls. I only appreciate Irina Shayk bacause her Atelier Versace is so different and unique but still not tacky. I LOVE Milla but yes, her lips are too dark. I like Bianca Brandolini D’Adda’s Valli but not on her.

18. Raul Brammin May 23, 2014 at 11:33 #

1) Jacqueline Jablonski – Sexy ,Elegant , stunning all in one
    2) Anna Beatriz – What a way to carry things off plus a pretty face
    3) Anna Ambrosio – Slutty but sexy and pretty

All in the same order. Irina Shayk – Fashion disaster

19. Raul Brammin May 23, 2014 at 11:36 #

Fashion Disasters –

3) Sharon Stone – What on earth is that outfit all about ?
    2) Irina Shayk – Seriously?

TOP DISASTER OF ALL TIMES

1) Anne V…. I can’t believe she has worn the magic carpet and strutted into this event

20. amy May 23, 2014 at 12:26 #

Ana beatriz looks lovely. this whole lineup is pretty bad. badly cut dresses,weird fabric,tacky embellishments and KK? not cute.

21. Jess2 May 23, 2014 at 13:07 #

Toni FTW! The Valli dress is to die for but it is a real shame about the hair styling. Linda could have been great without that dreadful lip colour

22. gabis May 23, 2014 at 13:53 #

I like Alexandra Richards look. The dress is nice and I love the pop of colour from the strappy sandals. Bianca’s dress is gorgeous but the styling needed to be better. Toni Garrn looks ok.
    The rest is just a pack of awful, tacky, poorly chosen looks with Alessandra Ambrosio and Anne V tied as top worst.

23. Stel May 23, 2014 at 13:53 #

Anna V.. ahe’s always like that.. all the time.. the worst of anything I’ve seen in Cannes, I’m serious.. Ana Beatriz Barros and Angela Lidvall are the best!

24. magan May 23, 2014 at 15:27 #

Toni and Sofia perfect in its line, the best rest or comment