Aishwarya Rai In Armani Privé – amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala

Aishwarya Rai In Armani Privé -  amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala

Aishwarya Rai joined a host of celebrities this evening (May 22) for the annual amfAR Cinema Against AIDS gala held at the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc in Cap d’Antibes, France.

Knocking it out of the fashion ballpark for the third time in a row, the Indian actress wore Armani Privé.

As the Italian brand has served her so well in the past, I knew she would have an Armani Privé moment before this festival was through.

Wearing a blush, layered Fall 2013 gown with graduated crystal details, the stunning look was styled with a matching clutch and Chopard jewels.

While I get the bold red lip to prevent a washed-out look and amp up the glamour, the green eyeshadow is a touch perplexing.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Brit Marling In L'Wren Scott - 'The East' Brooklyn Screening

Brit Marling In L’Wren Scott – ‘The East’ Brooklyn Screening

Dita Von Teese In Blumarine - amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala

Dita Von Teese In Blumarine – amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala

29 Responses to Aishwarya Rai In Armani Privé – amfAR Cinema Against Aids Gala

1. Yeliz May 22, 2014 at 20:04 #

I agree about the eyeshadow. Everything else is gorgeous.

• Alina May 23, 2014 at 05:59 #

2. pinksugar May 22, 2014 at 20:06 #

I’ve been bragging about her hair and makeup and then this happens. At least the dress is lovely on her.

• Rahul May 22, 2014 at 20:24 #

Hair is fine. That green eyeshadow is minor glitch – as in it’s not taking away the sheer gorgeousness of this look.

3. Shallu May 22, 2014 at 20:07 #

She looks stunning, yet again…..her make up is different than the other two days, gown is working great on her, guess she is experimenting with eye shadow, it does not bother me though that she uses green, it’s different…….she looks gorgeous.

4. Emmeline May 22, 2014 at 20:10 #

I’m so glad someone finally wore that dress, it was one of my favorites from the Fall collection.

Aishwarya looks absolutely gorgeous wearing it (even if I’m not crazy about her makeup).

5. jenny May 22, 2014 at 20:10 #

She must be contracted to sell the green eyeshadow otherwise gorgeous

6. Rahul May 22, 2014 at 20:12 #

OMG! Any Armani Prive Fall 2013 moment is beyond exciting! Aishwarya looks breathtaking (when she doesn’t?) here. My favorite look from her at Cannes 2014. Epitome of elegance and style!

7. Robert May 22, 2014 at 20:14 #

It seems like she’s gotten younger. She looks so fresh and young. The soft, layered cut and the colour makes her look so delicate and chic. I don’t even have a problem with the eyeshadow because it accentuates her lovely grey-green eye colour. Lovely woman!

8. AJ May 22, 2014 at 20:15 #

Eye makeup aside, she’s gorgeous as usual

9. Nat39 May 22, 2014 at 20:16 #

The baffling eyeshadow aside, THIS is my fave look from her. No, it doesn’t have the knockout power of her gold Cavalli but this softer look brings out her sublime beauty and femininity in a subtler way. This look is absolutely divine on her.

• Rahul May 22, 2014 at 20:27 #

You anyway didn’t like the golden Cavalli. :) This is Couture and that too from Armani Prive Fall 2013 collection. I reiterate your view – she looks divine! My favorite look from her at Cannes this year.

10. Kay May 22, 2014 at 20:19 #

I love this look! Like Jenny said, it has to be part of the contract! She looks fabulous….She definitely killed it on the red carpet this year. 10/10 for ALL 3 looks!

11. dee May 22, 2014 at 20:23 #

I don’t think the eyeshadow is that bad. At least it is only on her lower lids. She looks gorgeous.

12. minelli May 22, 2014 at 20:37 #

I am not going to be appreciated for saying this but her dress is styled /tailored to fit her in a way that absolutely ruined the original design of the dress. Note that the dress is meant to sit much lower on the chest creating a beautiful, quirky and classy “covering the ladies” shape. Miss A’s styling makes it look so ordinary and boring. If not for that magical face this ends up as a fashion snooze. The cavalli was way better on her. I dont find her fashion forward..just a mind blowing beauty. Rosie HW is my fave look so far. Ok, now go ahead and slay me for disapproving Cannes darling’s fashion.

• Ahot May 24, 2014 at 04:41 #

ITA! I don´t like the modifications one bit. It would suffice that she has a gown under the top to cover her modesty. Closing the top makes it bulky & dowdy. They ruined an amazing design indeed.
      She made me eat my hat though, I was so sure she was going to wear an indian designer! :-)

13. Valissa May 22, 2014 at 20:37 #

This is actually my favorite Cannes look from her this year. It’s subtle elegance and she looks fantastic!
    I love the modifications made to the gown for the red carpet…it looks much better!
    And the red lips are perfect! (The eyeshadow doesn’t bother me).

• Nat39 May 22, 2014 at 20:41 #

the modifications are spot on, agreed.

14. Marcel May 22, 2014 at 20:45 #

THIS!!! this is her best look in Cannes 2014. I much prefer the subtleness of this look over the “on your face ” sexy appeal of the Cavalli dress. Gorgeous!

15. RT May 22, 2014 at 21:00 #

Apart from the green eyeshadow, I totally love this look.
    She has outdone herself in all the three occasions. Divine and beautiful .

16. SS May 22, 2014 at 21:16 #

Aishwarya looking divine and perfection personified here. Best dressed at this event hands down. What a beautiful creation by Armani! This is my favorite look from Aishwarya at Cannes this year.

17. Dil May 22, 2014 at 21:17 #

I actually dint notice the eye shadow till I read about it here..now can’t look past it..

18. AA May 22, 2014 at 21:31 #

her and hubby playing host for the evening for amFAR so a perfect look..she really is back to what she does best..taht is elgance and class! green shadow is unnecessary..lightly kohled rimmed eyes would be more alluring

19. Nicky May 22, 2014 at 21:51 #

I always wondered why I didn’t care for that runway picture even though I love the dress. Now I realize the model is too pale and skinny for it. Aishwarya’s figure and coloring is much better suited to the dress, and she looks stunning.

20. Pedro May 22, 2014 at 22:29 #

She looks stunning, as always!

21. amy May 23, 2014 at 00:10 #

lovely

22. cherrysoftness May 23, 2014 at 02:58 #

I do love the eye shadow, it’s mystical and goddess-y, but it’s the red lip that makes it a problem. Choose one. A soft, flattering nude lip would’ve made the green enchanting. I don’t know why they wanted to rival the attention given to her eyes since it’s the asset she’s most known for.

23. raul brammin May 23, 2014 at 10:25 #

her hairstyle is a bit boring ….

the eye shade is amazing ! I wonder why indians always downsize their stars who try something new… its suits her really well

Not the best of the night surely but right up there in elegance

24. H May 23, 2014 at 14:24 #

She looks so much younger than the previous years and so stunning. I feel like I have seen this dress before but cen’t remember where.