21.05.14 Premiere

Sharon Stone In Emilio Pucci – ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Sharon Stone In Emilio Pucci - ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Sharon Stone attended ‘The Search’ Premiere at the 67th Annual Cannes Film Festival this evening (May 21) in Cannes, France.

Opting to skip the glamour and select something more playful, the actress donned an Emilio Pucci black sequin-embellished dress featuring lace-up detailing.

The look was styled with Salvatore Ferragamo gold metal and black suede minaudière, plus gold sandals and gold mirror aviators.

I think Sharon has clocked up enough kudos point over the years at this festival to take a ‘night off’, but I can’t say I’m enamoured by anything she’s got going on here.

It’s a firm no.

Credit: Getty

19 Comments
Irina Shayk In Atelier Versace - ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Irina Shayk In Atelier Versace – ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Cara Delevingne In Chanel Couture - ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Cara Delevingne In Chanel Couture – ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

19 Responses to Sharon Stone In Emilio Pucci – ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Yeliz May 21, 2014 at 19:41 #

Head-to-toe no.

• CTgirl May 21, 2014 at 23:52 #

I totally agree. Ms. Stone is in incredible shape but she is still in her mid 50’s and this sequined pirate shirt worn as a dress is too young for a woman her age. Regardless of the woman’s beauty and shape. This Pucci would make anyone over 28 look ridiculous. The hair, in what I can only imagine was an attempt to be carefree looking, is horrible as is the not quite finished makeup. She can do glamour like no one else and should stick with age appropriate sophistication.

• Noemi May 22, 2014 at 10:56 #

I agree with you. I remember her in Cannes, years ago and she looked totally stunning in a pale blue dress. She can be so glamorous but here, she looks like she wants to show that she’s still hot.

2. Kb May 21, 2014 at 19:43 #

Why those sunglasses it’s horrible what’s happend to her yesterday she’s look much better than today

3. Marcel May 21, 2014 at 19:43 #

She looks rough, sorry to say. And the badass attitude is completely out of place.

4. Nat39 May 21, 2014 at 19:49 #

This is just bad, almost disrespectful. It’s like she is saying ‘look at me, I don’t care’. Bad, wrong and too short for her to begin with.

• Marcel May 21, 2014 at 19:57 #

She IS totally saying that.

• Kate May 21, 2014 at 20:28 #

I totally agree. I don’t like anything about this look.

5. Papiki May 21, 2014 at 20:17 #

Make it stop!

6. Lee Ann May 21, 2014 at 22:13 #

just because you think you can does not mean you should

7. Stel May 21, 2014 at 22:28 #

I really can’t stand seeing 54 year old women with mini dresses like this!! a hugo no

8. Jeremy May 22, 2014 at 00:57 #

Well, I’ll be the lone voice of dissent, I guess.

I think she looks spectacular. I don’t for one second buy any of your ideas about what’s appropriate for what age. She’s a confident, sexy woman who’s clearly very comfortable in her skin and in her sexuality. I give her props for doing precisely what she wants to do with her style.

And Sharon Stone IS a badass. So if she wants to dress like one, more power to her!

• cherrysoftness May 22, 2014 at 02:37 #

Part of me agrees because I love her, but I do wish she channeled that badass energy to showing how it’s done. Because she CAN, I know it.

• cat_not_kitty May 22, 2014 at 18:37 #

+1 on the age comments. I’ve been seeing more and more assertions here and elsewhere that one shouldn’t wear this or that after 27 or 28. The youth-obsession is turning into outright ageism at this point. If women after 30 can’t wear mini dresses, tell that to Miranda Kerr (31), Gisele (33), Jessica Alba (33), Adriana Lima (32), Alexa Chung (30), Kate Bosworth (31), Beyonce (32), and Sienna Miller (32) and watch out Rosie Huntington-Whitley (28), Olivia Palermo (28), and Megan Fox (28) – you’re nearing your expiration dates. Cameron Diaz (41), Kate Moss (40), Jennifer Aniston (45), and Gwyneth Paltrow (41), please spare us the hideousness of your over-40 legs /sarcasm. Women in their 30s, 40s, 50s and beyond can wear whatever they damn well please.

As for Ms. Stone, rockin’ bod, bad outfit – especially for the venue.

9. pinksugar May 22, 2014 at 01:48 #

Hot.Mess.

10. Alina May 22, 2014 at 05:58 #

Really, Sharon?

11. Grace Patricia May 22, 2014 at 21:47 #

Despite the coments about age, sexuality or whatever this is still very bad fashion. A style mess.

12. Robert May 22, 2014 at 22:39 #

Is she taking fashion tips from Courtney Love?

• Stel May 23, 2014 at 13:54 #