Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior - 'L'Homme Qu'On Aimait Trop' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Marion Cotillard was back on the red carpet this evening (May 21) for the ‘L’Homme Qu’On Aimait Trop’ premiere during the 67th Annual Cannes Film Festival in Cannes, France.

How do you say ‘this is more like it’ in French?

While the slate-grey pleated Dior strapless dress isn’t blowing my socks off, I’m loving the look from head to toe, which I couldn’t say yesterday – although I do believe that she was more true to her style with yesterday’s look than she has even been.

Dialling down the rebellion, her pretty frock with asymmetrical layers was styled with gold glitter Christian Louboutin ‘Iriza’ pumps.

Working a 60s-inspired bouffant with a braided ponytail and neutral makeup, she completed her look with a Chopard jewels.

Much improved over yesterday, or are you still not diggin’ her style?

Credit: Getty

39 thoughts on “Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior – ‘L’Homme Qu’On Aimait Trop’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Shara

“c’est mieux” or “c’est déjà mieux”. Of course that’s much better than yesterday, but really, that’s not so hard to achieve. The look from yesterday was aweful.

2. Kate

While this isn’t her best look ever and maybe not quite “Cannes worthy”, I’m still loving everything about this!

1. cherrysoftness

I agree. Much improved, beautiful dress, a testament to how Dior dresses are not the problem. Today the issue is the hair and the color, of both her dress against her skin and her make-up.

Emphasize her best assets, is what I want to scream at the people prepping her. Gimmicky hair that takes away from her face, color that counters her beautiful complexion, and a bizarre decision to give her a no-make-up weekend make-up look with this dress that gives the impression that this is just a dress-rehearsal photo.

3. Yeliz

The hairstyle is awful and her makeup could’ve been better. Everything else is nice and much improved, but still nothing memorable.

4. CTgirl

Silver is not Ms. Cotillard’s colour. It makes her look somewhat sallow and takes away from her gorgeous complexion. It’s sad that actresses and stylists have started to ignore that every person has colours that work for them and colours that make them look like the walking dead. My walking dead colours are in the yellow, peach and mint ends of the spectrum but I can rock just about any blue. That being said, Ms. Cotillard would have been beautiful in this dress if it were in a flattering colour and if her hair and makeup were more striking. Not garish but a little less ordinary. Somehow Ms. Cotillard’s people have managed to make her just OK and quite frankly, that is really hard to do.

5. Marybeth

A big improvement!

I very much like the dress.
    I dislike the shoes (with this grey dress,)the hair, the cuff. The make-up is blah.

I wish she had given us silver sandals, a bit more color in her face, and some diamonds. Nothing heavy, just some sparkle. That and an elegant updo would have made me happy!

6. Nat39

J’adore. Wish she’d at least added diamond stud earrings and silver shoes would’ve been much preferred instead of gold (agree with Marybeth). But this is the standout look of the day for me.

1. gabis

I agree. She should’ve added diamond stud earrings instead of that bracelet. But she looks gorgeous nonetheless. J’adore aussi.

7. Markness

She can serve classic and edgy glamour. Honestly, I loved the shoes from yesterday just not with the dress. I love her style so much and I wish she wouldn’t go back to tent dresses unless they are styled perfectly.

FC, what do you think of the Cannes fashion so far? I’m quite underwhelmed. Maybe it’s because Sofia Coppola is one of the judges and we will not expect big gowns from her. Only Blake Lively took my breath away and my Queen of Cannes.

1. Catherine Kallon Post author

very underwhelmed. Had it not been for Blake, Cate and Aishwarya this would’ve been very uneventful.

Most played it far too safe and overall my least favourite cannes in memory

8. Ashlee

Looking a little better but still not glam enough for the event…the make-up is terrible

9. Gemma Rockets

Beautiful dress, It takes a master cutter to play with pleats so successfully. I actually really like the colour, but agree the hair doesn’t quite match. Marion seems to favour these slightly 60s, bouffant do’s, which suit her style but perhaps not this dress which has a 50s shape. Regardless, she sparkles.

10. Britta

She’s not the star of this movie. She was there to support her boyfriend – and this is a beautiful look for that purpose! Beautiful and sophisticated!

11. Maru

She needs to change her stylist NOW. Almost all of the looks the last couple of years are really disappointing! Instead of looking fresh and young and stylish, she looks old trying pieces which are really unflattering!

12. Noemi

The dress itself is beautiful, but I don’t like the length. Why this woman likes so much ugly hairdos?!? Her hair seems greasy and exhausted.

13. Robert

I don’t know why but this dress reminds me of the Fan Palm leaves. In tropical countries people use it to make their roof. She looks like a hut on heels.

14. Jones19

I love the dress but the styling is not good. The shoes are passable but still very bad. Did she only bring bad shoes to Cannes?

15. raul brammin

She looks like she just woke up and got into the outfit

The hairstyle is tacky, the face looks freshly woken up, and she doesn’t really know how to work the style at all

Nay !