21.05.14 Premiere

Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior - 'L'Homme Qu'On Aimait Trop' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Marion Cotillard was back on the red carpet this evening (May 21) for the ‘L’Homme Qu’On Aimait Trop’ premiere during the 67th Annual Cannes Film Festival in Cannes, France.

How do you say ‘this is more like it’ in French?

While the slate-grey pleated Dior strapless dress isn’t blowing my socks off, I’m loving the look from head to toe, which I couldn’t say yesterday – although I do believe that she was more true to her style with yesterday’s look than she has even been.

Dialling down the rebellion, her pretty frock with asymmetrical layers was styled with gold glitter Christian Louboutin ‘Iriza’ pumps.

Working a 60s-inspired bouffant with a braided ponytail and neutral makeup, she completed her look with a Chopard jewels.

Much improved over yesterday, or are you still not diggin’ her style?

Credit: Getty

Rachel Bilson's TEXTILE Elizabeth and James 'Happy' Tee

Rachel Bilson’s TEXTILE Elizabeth and James ‘Happy’ Tee

Bérénice Bejo In Alexis Mabille - 'The Search' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Bérénice Bejo In Alexis Mabille – ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

39 Responses to Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior – ‘L’Homme Qu’On Aimait Trop’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Shara May 21, 2014 at 22:06 #

“c’est mieux” or “c’est déjà mieux”. Of course that’s much better than yesterday, but really, that’s not so hard to achieve. The look from yesterday was aweful.

2. dee May 21, 2014 at 22:07 #

She looks cute but I would have liked to see some small diamond stud earrings.

• Cássia May 21, 2014 at 22:47 #

3. jo May 21, 2014 at 22:08 #

It’s improved but I still don’t like this..

4. Lee Ann May 21, 2014 at 22:09 #

this is more than it is better.sorry Shara. this is actually quite lovely.

5. AnderBoBo May 21, 2014 at 22:09 #

Much improved but still not Cannes-worthy.

• pinksugar May 22, 2014 at 01:23 #

+ 1

6. Izz May 21, 2014 at 22:09 #

I think she’s just trying to get fired of Dior.

7. Kate May 21, 2014 at 22:18 #

While this isn’t her best look ever and maybe not quite “Cannes worthy”, I’m still loving everything about this!

8. Nat May 21, 2014 at 22:22 #

The dress is gorgeous but her hair and make up does not go with the style of the dress

• liz May 21, 2014 at 22:41 #

this dress deserved better styling

• Fiona-Brasil May 22, 2014 at 01:17 #

+2.Stunning dress!No to the styling.

• chyc May 22, 2014 at 02:17 #

While the hair and dress are lovely, they don’t match.

• cherrysoftness May 22, 2014 at 02:27 #

I agree. Much improved, beautiful dress, a testament to how Dior dresses are not the problem. Today the issue is the hair and the color, of both her dress against her skin and her make-up.

Emphasize her best assets, is what I want to scream at the people prepping her. Gimmicky hair that takes away from her face, color that counters her beautiful complexion, and a bizarre decision to give her a no-make-up weekend make-up look with this dress that gives the impression that this is just a dress-rehearsal photo.

• Dil May 22, 2014 at 03:15 #

Exactly the hair doesn’t seem to be belonging with this look..like the dress though

9. Stel May 21, 2014 at 22:28 #

The hair is the olny problem here.. Plus, I adoreeeee her shoes!!

10. Yeliz May 21, 2014 at 22:39 #

The hairstyle is awful and her makeup could’ve been better. Everything else is nice and much improved, but still nothing memorable.

• Alina May 22, 2014 at 05:42 #

I agree. The dress could have been better with the right styling.

11. Papiki May 21, 2014 at 23:05 #

Serving Lady Dior at last!

12. justme May 21, 2014 at 23:24 #

Yes to the dress, no to the styling.

13. CTgirl May 21, 2014 at 23:27 #

Silver is not Ms. Cotillard’s colour. It makes her look somewhat sallow and takes away from her gorgeous complexion. It’s sad that actresses and stylists have started to ignore that every person has colours that work for them and colours that make them look like the walking dead. My walking dead colours are in the yellow, peach and mint ends of the spectrum but I can rock just about any blue. That being said, Ms. Cotillard would have been beautiful in this dress if it were in a flattering colour and if her hair and makeup were more striking. Not garish but a little less ordinary. Somehow Ms. Cotillard’s people have managed to make her just OK and quite frankly, that is really hard to do.

14. Marybeth May 21, 2014 at 23:35 #

A big improvement!

I very much like the dress.
    I dislike the shoes (with this grey dress,)the hair, the cuff. The make-up is blah.

I wish she had given us silver sandals, a bit more color in her face, and some diamonds. Nothing heavy, just some sparkle. That and an elegant updo would have made me happy!

15. Nat39 May 21, 2014 at 23:45 #

J’adore. Wish she’d at least added diamond stud earrings and silver shoes would’ve been much preferred instead of gold (agree with Marybeth). But this is the standout look of the day for me.

• gabis May 22, 2014 at 01:28 #

I agree. She should’ve added diamond stud earrings instead of that bracelet. But she looks gorgeous nonetheless. J’adore aussi.

16. Sophie May 22, 2014 at 00:53 #

Là, tu parles!

17. Markness May 22, 2014 at 02:49 #

She can serve classic and edgy glamour. Honestly, I loved the shoes from yesterday just not with the dress. I love her style so much and I wish she wouldn’t go back to tent dresses unless they are styled perfectly.

FC, what do you think of the Cannes fashion so far? I’m quite underwhelmed. Maybe it’s because Sofia Coppola is one of the judges and we will not expect big gowns from her. Only Blake Lively took my breath away and my Queen of Cannes.

• Catherine Kallon May 22, 2014 at 10:05 #

very underwhelmed. Had it not been for Blake, Cate and Aishwarya this would’ve been very uneventful.

Most played it far too safe and overall my least favourite cannes in memory

18. Ashlee May 22, 2014 at 03:19 #

Looking a little better but still not glam enough for the event…the make-up is terrible

19. Gemma Rockets May 22, 2014 at 04:00 #

Beautiful dress, It takes a master cutter to play with pleats so successfully. I actually really like the colour, but agree the hair doesn’t quite match. Marion seems to favour these slightly 60s, bouffant do’s, which suit her style but perhaps not this dress which has a 50s shape. Regardless, she sparkles.

20. Britta May 22, 2014 at 08:59 #

She’s not the star of this movie. She was there to support her boyfriend – and this is a beautiful look for that purpose! Beautiful and sophisticated!

21. dedel May 22, 2014 at 09:44 #

This is more like it ! I love it from head to toe.

22. Maru May 22, 2014 at 10:02 #

She needs to change her stylist NOW. Almost all of the looks the last couple of years are really disappointing! Instead of looking fresh and young and stylish, she looks old trying pieces which are really unflattering!

23. Noemi May 22, 2014 at 11:30 #

The dress itself is beautiful, but I don’t like the length. Why this woman likes so much ugly hairdos?!? Her hair seems greasy and exhausted.

24. Robert May 22, 2014 at 12:11 #

I don’t know why but this dress reminds me of the Fan Palm leaves. In tropical countries people use it to make their roof. She looks like a hut on heels.

25. amy May 22, 2014 at 13:16 #

I really like this dress. but the hair could use some grooming

26. Jones19 May 22, 2014 at 15:11 #

I love the dress but the styling is not good. The shoes are passable but still very bad. Did she only bring bad shoes to Cannes?

27. raul brammin May 23, 2014 at 10:15 #

She looks like she just woke up and got into the outfit

The hairstyle is tacky, the face looks freshly woken up, and she doesn’t really know how to work the style at all

Nay !