21.05.14 Premiere

Lara Stone In Calvin Klein Collection - ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Lara Stone was hypnotic in every way possible while taking to the red carpet for ‘The Search’ premiere during the 67th Annual Cannes Film Festival this evening (May 21) in Cannes, France.

The L’Oreal ambassador wore a breath-taking Calvin Klein Collection custom fuchsia cross-strap silk crepe dress, which is one of my favourites of the night.

He may do minimalism, but Francisco Costa sure does like a pop of colour for his custom creations – Jennifer Lawrence, Emily Blunt, Kerry Washington and Emma Stone immediately spring to mind.

When the dress is this scene-stealing not much else is needed, hence Lara only added a small selection of silver jewels and neutral makeup.

Credit: Getty

Cara Delevingne In Chanel Couture - ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Cara Delevingne In Chanel Couture – ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Araya A. Hargate In Kaufmanfranco - ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Araya A. Hargate In Kaufmanfranco – ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

17 Responses to Lara Stone In Calvin Klein Collection – ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Nat39 May 21, 2014 at 20:28 #

Ouch, that pink hurts my eyes.

2. Yeliz May 21, 2014 at 20:29 #

The gown is gorgeous, she looks amazing.

3. Paige May 21, 2014 at 20:38 #

I know Blake has worn this color before, but she would have rocked this dress. Would have liked to see on someone with a little curve. Jessica Chastain?

4. Marybeth May 21, 2014 at 20:58 #

I’m on the fence about this. The bright color is welcome after so many blacks and neutrals, but it is SO bright as to almost overpower a blonde with neutral make-up.

The beachy hair, the whole package, gives me a decidedly California feel. That is not a bad thing by any means, but it isn’t quite the more polished, elegant glamour we hope for at Cannes.

That being said, I think she looks nice.

• julyol1972 May 21, 2014 at 21:34 #

ITA! I think a brunette or someone with slightly darker skin (even a tan) would’ve done this dress justice. As it stands, I don’t like the California casual vibe (like you said Marybeth), as it just doesn’t suit the opulence of Cannes. Her hair is bothering me to no end. She looks beautiful, no doubt, but this should be worn to the Billboard Awards, not Cannes.

5. vicky May 21, 2014 at 21:09 #

I welcome this colorful delight after all those boring black and nude and white dresses we’ve seen this year in Cannes!

Apart from a few red carpet hits (the usual: Cate and Blake) this year’s Cannes has surely been a snooze fest!

6. amy May 21, 2014 at 21:15 #

she looks hot

7. Jackie May 21, 2014 at 23:03 #

Tragic makeup application.

8. CTgirl May 21, 2014 at 23:41 #

Another one trying to be Jennifer Lawrence at the Oscars that first year in the incredible red Calvin Klein – right down to the wavy hair. This look was perfected by Jennifer Lawrence and should be retired since no one will ever get it that perfect ever again. Reese Witherspoon and a handful of others have tried and failed to reach that pinnacle.

9. Jeremy May 22, 2014 at 00:37 #

it just clashes so dramatically with the red carpet that i’m finding it difficult to focus on the look itself. lol.

i think she looks great, though! but yeah — this colour is made more for a black woman. imagine this electric colour set against Lupita’s gorgeous skintone. THAT would be magnificent.

10. cherrysoftness May 22, 2014 at 02:33 #

I’m surprised by the comments comparing her to other people. I thought this was a show-stopper, thanks to her. I thought she was the one making a pink dress look so beautiful and memorable, accompanied by such an interesting face and a golden glow.

• Alina May 22, 2014 at 05:55 #

I kinda agree. It may not be the high-octane glamour we expect at Cannes, but she looks beautiful.

Some people suggested that the colour would have looked better on a tanned brunette – I think it would have looked tacky.

• Inge May 22, 2014 at 09:32 #

11. gabis May 22, 2014 at 02:35 #

Great look but the hair could’ve used a bit more effort.

12. Kate May 22, 2014 at 04:18 #

The dress is beautiful, but from the neck up, she needs a check up. Good from afar, rough closeup.

13. Inge May 22, 2014 at 09:35 #

Lare looks stunning. Her wavy beachy hair has always been Lara’s style. The color looks great on her and she has enouhg curves to pull off this great dress.