Clotilde Courau In Valentino – ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Clotilde Courau In Valentino - ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Clotilde Courau attended ‘The Search’ premiere during the 67th Annual Cannes Film Festival this evening (May 21) in Cannes, France.

The actress wore a Valentino gold lace Pre-Fall 2014 gown with a plunging neckline, which you may remember seeing on Naomie Harris at the NAACP Image Awards back in February.

Before yesterday, one of my rules at Cannes was “no repeats”, but I will now add, “unless you can do better”.

While I don’t think Clotilde’s pendant necklace and sleek back hairstyle is going one better, it does give us variation on a look I thought was pretty one-dimensional.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 11 of Cannes Film Festival 2014?

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 11 of Cannes Film Festival 2014?

Ruth Crilly In Christian Dior - ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Ruth Crilly In Christian Dior – ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

10 Responses to Clotilde Courau In Valentino – ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Marybeth May 21, 2014 at 18:45 #

Yes, I think one might forgive a repeat if it is done differently, as in this case. The pendant gives the gown a whole different feel and I like it. She looks very nice.

(I personally prefer Naomie’s version but then, I’m a big Naomie fan and love her minimalist style.)

• Alina May 22, 2014 at 06:09 #

I agree on all points.

2. Yeliz May 21, 2014 at 18:48 #

I much prefer Naomie’s styling.

3. Rebecca Z May 21, 2014 at 18:51 #

This is such a beautiful dress that I don’t mind seeing it again. I would have preferred the necklace with out the pendant. But like the others, I prefer the gown on Naomie. The contrast with her skin tone was delicious.

4. Nat39 May 21, 2014 at 19:07 #

The chunky necklace is overpowering and the hair is awful, much prefer Naomie.

• Nat39 May 21, 2014 at 21:32 #

…although I agree that Naomie’s presentation was a bit flat, that’s the reason I didn’t pick her that week, I was a bit bored but I just can’t get on board with Clotilde’s hair.

• Jess2 May 22, 2014 at 01:34 #

I agree Nat!

5. gabis May 21, 2014 at 19:16 #

The idea of adding a necklace is one thing but she could’ve at least picked one that matched the dress. This one feels completely out of place. I also don’t like the hair. Not a winning repetition for me. Naomie’s version is far superior.

6. shap_half May 21, 2014 at 19:43 #

I quite like it. The hairstyle with the statement necklace is giving this gown a very different vibe.

7. cherrysoftness May 22, 2014 at 02:44 #

I reminded me of someone else, Haley Bennet from the MET Gala:

Same fabric I think, and since I barely know Haley but I remembered her I think I like Haley’s “version” the most haha.