Clotilde Courau In Valentino – ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Clotilde Courau In Valentino - ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Clotilde Courau attended ‘The Search’ premiere during the 67th Annual Cannes Film Festival this evening (May 21) in Cannes, France.

The actress wore a Valentino gold lace Pre-Fall 2014 gown with a plunging neckline, which you may remember seeing on Naomie Harris at the NAACP Image Awards back in February.

Before yesterday, one of my rules at Cannes was “no repeats”, but I will now add, “unless you can do better”.

While I don’t think Clotilde’s pendant necklace and sleek back hairstyle is going one better, it does give us variation on a look I thought was pretty one-dimensional.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Aishwarya Rai In Roberto Cavalli - ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Aishwarya Rai In Roberto Cavalli – ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Ruth Crilly In Christian Dior - ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Ruth Crilly In Christian Dior – ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

10 Responses to Clotilde Courau In Valentino – ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Marybeth May 21, 2014 at 18:45 #

Yes, I think one might forgive a repeat if it is done differently, as in this case. The pendant gives the gown a whole different feel and I like it. She looks very nice.

(I personally prefer Naomie’s version but then, I’m a big Naomie fan and love her minimalist style.)

• Alina May 22, 2014 at 06:09 #

I agree on all points.

2. Yeliz May 21, 2014 at 18:48 #

I much prefer Naomie’s styling.

3. Rebecca Z May 21, 2014 at 18:51 #

This is such a beautiful dress that I don’t mind seeing it again. I would have preferred the necklace with out the pendant. But like the others, I prefer the gown on Naomie. The contrast with her skin tone was delicious.

4. Nat39 May 21, 2014 at 19:07 #

The chunky necklace is overpowering and the hair is awful, much prefer Naomie.

• Nat39 May 21, 2014 at 21:32 #

…although I agree that Naomie’s presentation was a bit flat, that’s the reason I didn’t pick her that week, I was a bit bored but I just can’t get on board with Clotilde’s hair.

• Jess2 May 22, 2014 at 01:34 #

I agree Nat!

5. gabis May 21, 2014 at 19:16 #

The idea of adding a necklace is one thing but she could’ve at least picked one that matched the dress. This one feels completely out of place. I also don’t like the hair. Not a winning repetition for me. Naomie’s version is far superior.

6. shap_half May 21, 2014 at 19:43 #

I quite like it. The hairstyle with the statement necklace is giving this gown a very different vibe.

7. cherrysoftness May 22, 2014 at 02:44 #

I reminded me of someone else, Haley Bennet from the MET Gala:

Same fabric I think, and since I barely know Haley but I remembered her I think I like Haley’s “version” the most haha.