21.05.14 Best Dressed

Cannes Film Festival Best Dressed Of Day 7 Critics’ Choice

Cannes Critics Choice Best dressed

Queen Rai. No one else came close.

Credit: Getty

Sarah Hyland In Camilla and Marc - 'Modern Family' Wedding Episode Screening

Sarah Hyland In Camilla and Marc – ‘Modern Family’ Wedding Episode Screening

Robert Pattinson In Gucci - Le Grand Journal

Robert Pattinson In Gucci – Le Grand Journal

16 Responses to Cannes Film Festival Best Dressed Of Day 7 Critics’ Choice

1. Rahul May 21, 2014 at 11:56 #

Well-deserved! FC, I like you used the expression “Queen Rai”! She is indeed the Queen of Cannes! :)

2. Afef May 21, 2014 at 12:00 #

kristin chenoweth wore the same dress at the 2014 academy Awards but Rai rocked it better!!!!!

3. manan May 21, 2014 at 12:12 #

she is so mesmerizing in this roberto cavalli. love her … and yeah true that. no one else came by her …

4. AB May 21, 2014 at 12:16 #

Gorgeous lady!

5. A May 21, 2014 at 13:11 #

This is the first time that Rai seems comfortable and at ease with herself on the RC. I’ve never seen her confident and cool in Cannes.

6. dee May 21, 2014 at 13:15 #

Beautiful and classy woman.

7. Alina May 21, 2014 at 13:18 #

I don’t think I’ve ever seen her look so radiant.

8. Carrie May 21, 2014 at 15:48 #

Yes, she ran away with this title. The best by a mile! She is a vision of perfection. Gorgeous.

9. Nat39 May 21, 2014 at 18:23 #

Frustrating. Does one have to be a dazzling bombshell to get our best Dressed approval? It’s not like Kristen ruined the gown with her styling – her presentation was polished and she has a lovely slim figure, she just didn’t happen to possess striking va-va-voom looks but she presented the gown well in a more formal Oscars-appropriate manner. Now we see a beauty queen and scream wow. I find this particular example very discouraging.

• Isabella May 21, 2014 at 19:11 #

I agree

• Jones19 May 22, 2014 at 17:08 #

Kristin Chenoweth didn’t ruin the dress but her styling and posing brought it down. Her hairstyle was boring, her pose was blah. Ashwarya Rai brought the gown to life with the lipshade and volumized hair not to mention the diva poses. She OWNED this look from head to toe which is where Kristin failed. You don’t have to be a great beauty to own a look.

10. sharon May 21, 2014 at 21:10 #

@ Nat 39….Aishwarya is not merely a beauty queen….google her and u will realize know more….

• Nat39 May 21, 2014 at 21:16 #

I’m only referring to her undeniable gorgeous beauty to explain my point. I’m not discussing or questioning in any way her talents. Love her by the way.

• sharon May 21, 2014 at 22:06 #

sorry if i misunderstood you…….but in a way u r rite….hr beauty does overshadow her achievements…………………..we all lurve her……but I wish Sushmita Sen was given an opportunity to walk this red carpet too…..both are gems of India………

11. sharon May 21, 2014 at 21:10 #

12. naima May 21, 2014 at 21:54 #

Its unfair she wore the same dress and made it look like trillion bucks, the dress got all the attention and flattery it deserves? Or is it unfair they allowed her to wear Kristin’s custom made Oscar dress? I am guessing Cavalli felt the dress deserved a second chance after Kristin failed to bring any positive attention to it at the Oscars. Honestly though, I felt the dress was ill fitting on Kristin, how can you custom make a corset type dress that does not fit correctly? And who styled her? The all old gold look was disastrous.