Araya A. Hargate In Kaufmanfranco – ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Araya A Hargate In Kaufmanfranco - ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Araya A. Hargate attended ‘The Search’ premiere during the 67th Annual Cannes Film Festival this evening (May 21) in Cannes, France.

With black being the stand-out colour of this festival, the Thai L’Oreal ambassador offered up breath-taking radiance, wearing a fully sequinned Kaufmanfranco Fall 2014 strapless look.

I love the fitted bodice, the elegant silhouette and the timeless feel of the look, but on this rare occasion I will advocate the use of platform heels, as she needed just an inch or two more to pull off this length.

Araya opted for kohl-rimmed eyes, red lips and a black clutch to complete the ensemble.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Lara Stone In Calvin Klein Collection - ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Lara Stone In Calvin Klein Collection – ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Rachel Bilson's TEXTILE Elizabeth and James 'Happy' Tee

Rachel Bilson’s TEXTILE Elizabeth and James ‘Happy’ Tee

18 Responses to Araya A. Hargate In Kaufmanfranco – ‘The Search’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Phuketian May 21, 2014 at 20:46 #

My beautiful Araya, red lip with black dress. Classic as always.

2. Nat39 May 21, 2014 at 20:52 #

Black has been looking grand lately – yesterday Petra was a pure class act, timeless (personally thought she was a level above) and Sonam with her epic Elie Saab before that, Araya is delightful in her elegant gown, loving the subtle shimmer and classic simplicity. All these recent looks make me appreciate classic black again.

3. gabis May 21, 2014 at 20:52 #

I love everything but the ponytail. It cheapens the look a bit in my opinion.

• Nat39 May 21, 2014 at 20:58 #

The ponytail injects an effortless, youthful vibe but personally I would’ve also preferred a classy updo with this elegant look.

• peterpe May 22, 2014 at 03:09 #

I don’t like the ponytail either but got to admit that it’s the wise choice when the wind is so strong that it might ruin your hair.

4. Yeliz May 21, 2014 at 20:56 #

The gown is indeed too long, but she looks beautiful and delightful nonetheless.

5. Marybeth May 21, 2014 at 21:13 #

Beautiful!— even if I agree about the length and ponytail being somewhat less than ideal.

This is the 4th black look I have really loved here, along with Jess Weixler’s delicate Armani, Petra Nemcova’s elegant Zuhair Murad, and of course Sonam Kapoor’s spectacular Elie Saab.

(I still want color and think I’ll go nuts if I see another black gown, but…..)

• CreoleLady May 21, 2014 at 22:37 #

Agree, I am equally conflicted about the parade of black looks. Must. Have. Color, lol.

6. amy May 21, 2014 at 21:14 #

the dress is a bit long for her but she still looks lovely

7. CTgirl May 21, 2014 at 23:37 #

This is how the bodice of strapless dress should fit; close to the body without digging in or gaping. When that is achieved you know that there is some serious engineering going on underneath.

The hair is healthy and youthful and serves as a nice tweak to this very sophisticated gown. The length of the gown could be a wee bit better and I would have preferred that she only wear the pinky ring since the other ring looks like it belongs on a Hollywood wife in her 50′s.

Overall I think that this is a gorgeous example of a great Cannes red carpet look.

8. Jhom May 22, 2014 at 03:36 #

She so beautiful in black dress…

9. Tanan Kot May 22, 2014 at 05:07 #

She so sexy so much. I love her look it red lip and nail match to black dress. and I love her hair style I think so perfect with her dress. So perfect!

10. Alina May 22, 2014 at 05:45 #

I looove the dress (the shine is sooo perfect!) and I think she wears it well!

11. suchitra May 22, 2014 at 09:19 #

Araya A. Hargate she is Beautiful!

12. snowlion May 22, 2014 at 09:21 #

Ummm, I think it looks a bit like a garbage bag, a fancy one, but one nonetheless. Hopefully it looks good in real life.

• d May 22, 2014 at 09:24 #

13. minic May 22, 2014 at 11:08 #

black and sequinned just not good/balckhair blackeye blackdress everything just tooo much but her face look bea as alway

14. attapmrk May 22, 2014 at 21:18 #