Christina Hendricks In Alberta Ferretti - 'Lost River' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Christina Hendricks attended the ‘Lost River’ premiere during the 67th Annual Cannes Film Festival this evening (May 20) in Cannes, France.

As expected she wore black, donning an Alberta Ferretti Fall 2013 black chiffon gown with delicate jet-black crystals and beaded embroidery on the sheer bodice.

Styled with an embellished black clutch and black satin peep-toes, I can’t say I’m excited about this look as we’ve seen the shorter version on Zhang Ziyi and Sarah Paulson.

I’m still waiting to be wowed by Christina; this is the one place I expected it to happen, but alas it wasn’t to be.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Emmy Rossum's Tory Burch 'Fran' Dress

Emmy Rossum’s Tory Burch ‘Fran’ Dress

Ryan Gosling In Gucci - 'Lost River' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Ryan Gosling In Gucci – ‘Lost River’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

20 Responses to Christina Hendricks In Alberta Ferretti – ‘Lost River’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Nat39 May 20, 2014 at 21:32 #

Oh no, why this? Deja vu, not to mention the expected black from her, it’s simply impossible to get excited about it, I was hoping she would surprise us, didn’t happen.

2. Eline May 20, 2014 at 21:39 #

Don’t like her style, but this is pretty nice.

3. Marcel May 20, 2014 at 21:42 #

a DEFINITIVE , EMPHATIC and SUPERLATIVE NOOOOOO !!
    This is an outfit for a skinny ,small breasted woman. How difficult was for her to realize the very obvious ?
    Those shoes just add insult to the injury.

4. Yeliz May 20, 2014 at 21:48 #

I think she looks good, but this is definitely nothing wowing.

5. Emmeline May 20, 2014 at 21:50 #

I realize she’s mostly known as a television actress and therefore might have a harder time gaining access to certain designers/dresses, but you’d think someone would have given her something better than this. (Or at the very least, a dress that hadn’t already been worn several times before.)

• H May 20, 2014 at 22:15 #

Yes, but besides that, I can bet she has access to a lot of dresses cause she stars in in Mad Men, a really big hit TV show that has made her famous. I am sure tons of other pieces from this collection haven’t been worn but yet she picked this one. I think she looks good, just been there, done that.

6. Marybeth May 20, 2014 at 22:00 #

It’s not a disaster. She looks nice enough.
    But it’s a big, big disappointment.

• Alina May 20, 2014 at 22:19 #

Agree. Two words: Christian Siriano.

7. Marina May 20, 2014 at 22:00 #

This long version was worn by Chiara Ferragni (from the Blonde Salad) at the Venice film festival last year. She’s not a movie or tv star, but still

8. CTgirl May 20, 2014 at 22:28 #

Dear Christina,

As a girl with a large rack who had the benefit of her mother’s wisdom, I think that you need a remedial course in what will and won’t work for big bosomed women.
    1. Girls with a big rack should never wear anything with a yoke.
    2. A crew necked dress or shirt isn’t your friend. A crew neck makes everything that is south of the neckline look larger.
    3. Embrace the vee neck or strapless neckline (so long as a sweetheart neckline is avoided).
    4. As a big girl you need some structure in those gowns. Chiffon should never be considered – go with fabrics that have some weight to them.
    5. Large breasts tend to make dresses that should hit the waist become an empire silhouette. Make sure that the dress you pick out hits you where it should.
    6. Please look at your shoes and other accessories as part of the whole rather an pieces with no relation to the gown.
    7. Please invest in a really good wig. We all know that you wear wigs and hair pieces but if you make an investment in a really good wig the state of your hair piece/wig will no longer be a topic of discussion.

Sincerely,
    A Fan

9. Christine May 20, 2014 at 22:35 #

Not liking this but she looks ok

10. Argentina May 20, 2014 at 23:19 #

Despite the lack of wow red carpet moments from Christina I think this might be one of her best looks. I wasn’t expecting anything breathtaking from her, so maybe thats why I’m kinda pleased with this Alberta Ferreti plus I think she works it good. On the other hand I do wish she would have worn the black Siriano gown she wore at the last Emmys for Cannes that has to be her best time ever on thebred carpet.
    Cathy darling you keep being my fav blogger. Love you everyday a little bit more.

11. kane May 21, 2014 at 00:33 #

I’m inclined to say that she wore it better, but I still hate that top with a vengeance.

12. amy May 21, 2014 at 00:51 #

she looks okay but is she aware that black is not the only color allowed. honestly she can do so much better.

13. cherrysoftness May 21, 2014 at 03:02 #

Sigh. Her nearly costume-y style and look tends to make me believe that she has a flair for the dramatic – maybe I unfairly compared her to Dita Von Teese – so I thought she could do something WOW during the Cannes. Disappointing.

14. Jones19 May 21, 2014 at 11:37 #

I think I’ve only seen one look I like from Christina, that peach Siriano gown she wore with the ruffles…I wish he would dress her exclusively since he seems to know how to dress her curves.

• coll May 22, 2014 at 17:49 #

I have to disagree with the posters who think Christian Siriano does her any favors…he usually makes her look like a puffed up Jessica Rabbit. This dress, on the other hand, has some class.

I agree Christina wears too much black. Maybe she’s trying to do a counterpoint to all her really colorful outfits on Mad Men.

15. Gretta May 21, 2014 at 11:59 #

I must be the only one who thinks she looks gorgeous. I think the dress is incredibly flattering and Id imagine it looked even better in real life under all those lights. Well done Christine.

16. bisbee May 21, 2014 at 12:49 #

I think she is a gorgeous woman who is wearing a very unflattering dress – at least for her figure. The top of that dress is ALL WRONG for a large-breasted woman – it emphasizes the bust, where she needs to minimize it. CTgirl has it right…