20.05.14 Premiere

Aishwarya Rai In Roberto Cavalli - 'Deux Jours, Une Nuit' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Aishwarya Rai Bachchan attended the ‘Two Days, One Night’ (‘Deux Jours, Une Nuit’) premiere during the 67th Annual Cannes Film Festival this evening (May 20) in Cannes, France.

She’s arrived, in more ways than one: firstly, her flight was delayed so she missed her scheduled slot on the red carpet, but she also arrived in all her spectacular glory, bestowing onto us the glamour and elegance this event was made for, and in some respects has been sorely missing.

Roberto Cavalli created this drop-dead gorgeous gold-embellished creation. Cut to flatter Aishwarya’s stunning figure, she styled the look with touches of red to her lips and nails, with tumbling tresses around her shoulders.

It might be too early to call it, but this has potential to be my favourite of the night.

Thanks to everyone who has pointed out that this had been worn by Kristin Chenoweth to the Oscars.

Did you remember?

Credit: Getty

Get Summer In The City Chic With Net-A-Porter's Edit

Get Summer In The City Chic With Net-A-Porter’s Edit

Celine Sallette In Valentino - ‘Geronimo’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Celine Sallette In Valentino – ‘Geronimo’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

80 Responses to Aishwarya Rai In Roberto Cavalli – ‘Two Days, One Night’ (‘Deux Jours, Une Nuit’) Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Alina May 20, 2014 at 18:29 #

Bombshell mode – DEFINITELY ON.

• adrian May 20, 2014 at 19:27 #

Kristin looks good, but this dress looks like it was made for A-Rai.

• Ahot May 21, 2014 at 06:36 #

Which must sting even more, given that the gown was supposedly custom-made for Kristin lmao.

• JJ May 22, 2014 at 11:45 #

Wow. Beautiful.

2. Shallu May 20, 2014 at 18:30 #

Aishwarya is back with a bang, have been waiting to see her on red carpet and it was ….WORTH… waiting! Thank you FC.

3. olala May 20, 2014 at 18:32 #

OHMGEE!
    It is amazing how this could have been just another fishtail gown. But now this will be the gown that Aishwarya Rai wore at Cannes. How she can transform a dress into a thing of beauty!

4. Rashmi May 20, 2014 at 18:33 #

OMG!!! She hasnt looked this good in a long while! Completely flawless… I saw more close up pictures on Getty.. she truly is the most beautiful women! BDOTY worthy!

5. Sandy May 20, 2014 at 18:33 #

Breathtaking.She got everything right ,hair , makeup .

• Christine May 20, 2014 at 19:51 #

She is so stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. kayennat May 20, 2014 at 18:34 #

She hasn’t looked this AMAZING in Cannes EVER. I am so proud of her. Kristin Chenoweth wore this for the Oscars but the gown looked meh on her. Here, however its spectacular. LOVE LOVE LOVE

7. pinksugar May 20, 2014 at 18:35 #

The pointy sides on the bodice aren’t my fave but other than that I completely love this look. Gorgeous hair/makeup.

8. Sukriti May 20, 2014 at 18:37 #

She is werking it!!!
    Ash hasn’t looked this gorgeous in a long while!!
    Perfection head to toe *swoon*

9. luis May 20, 2014 at 18:37 #

Didn’t someond else wore this to the oscars?

• Robert May 20, 2014 at 18:42 #

Kristin Chenoweth wore the same gown to the oscars this year but I must say it looks a thousand times better on Aishwarya Rai. She looks divine.

10. annie May 20, 2014 at 18:38 #

Roberto Cavalli designed it originally for Kristin Chenoweth…….just saying

11. Yeliz May 20, 2014 at 18:38 #

This is definitely one of her best looks ever. She looks sensational. I’m normally not such a big fan of Cavalli gowns but this one is truly stunning.

• Grace Patricia May 21, 2014 at 01:31 #

I’m not very fond of Cavalli either, but I agree! She looks divine!

12. suvi May 20, 2014 at 18:39 #

She is the best creation of india. looks like mermaid. at age 40 her skin and looks are really looking yonger

13. Dhaval May 20, 2014 at 18:40 #

OMG! I’ve been waiting for her. She makes walking on Red Carpet so effortless.. She has that old Hollywood Starlet charm to her. One cant stop looking at her. And boy, she is working the hell out of that dress.. Loving every bit of it. Sexy and sultry but very poised and elegant at the same time. I love the golden tone of the dress on her,that is, if one can stop staring at her face.

14. AB May 20, 2014 at 18:40 #

Stunning dress on a stunning woman, full on glamour I love it!

15. Nat39 May 20, 2014 at 18:40 #

Gorgeous. Too bad it strongly reminds me of Lady Gaga’s Atelier Versace gown at the Oscars and would’ve preferred a glamorous sculpted updo with this look instead of the bombshell tresses. Complaints aside, she looks stunning.

16. alvaro_spain May 20, 2014 at 18:44 #

This is the dress Kristin Chenoweth wore at the Oscars! Nobody remembers it?

17. iro May 20, 2014 at 18:45 #

Gorgeous!! Kristin Chenoweth wore this to oscars but nobody noticed her. A beautiful dress should be worn by someone truly beautiful and can simply work it.

• SilentVisitor May 20, 2014 at 19:17 #

“A beautiful dress should be worn by someone truly beautiful and can simply work it.” really? ???
      I guess those who are not considered beautiful should walk naked. If only posting a picture was a requirement before typing a comment…….

Anyway, she looks absolutely fantastic!!!

• iro May 20, 2014 at 19:28 #

lol this is funny. I did not mean it that way, simple typo gave a whole different meaning, I meant to type a ” beautiful dress as this* ” and also “who* can really work it”. I guess I was just blown away by how beautiful Aishwarya looks. Anyway all dresses won’t suit everyone now matter how much you want to wear them. No need to walk naked, just make the correct choices ;)

18. Zing May 20, 2014 at 18:46 #

It definitely will be the best of the evening, only for the fact that Aishwarya is wearing it. Boy, doesn’t she completely nail it? Ultra glam…..totally Cannes worthy. As far as I am concerned, this is, by far, the most glam appearance at the Cannes red carpet this year. I just love how she’s working it effortlessly. Hail the Queen!

19. Fanny May 20, 2014 at 18:46 #

That lipstick is divine. She really is one of the most beuatiful women on earth.

20. Ayuni May 20, 2014 at 18:48 #

I found the red lips jarring at first but it grew on me pretty quickly.. One of her best looks!

21. Papiki May 20, 2014 at 18:48 #

MOTHER-FATHER! WERQ!

22. Marie May 20, 2014 at 18:53 #

Beautiful!
    Much better than Marion Cotillard’s Dior Couture dress (look 37 or 38 from the Spring 2014 collection I think).

23. from-chitown May 20, 2014 at 18:53 #

Complete bombshell – knock out!! She looks stunning – my only gripe being this is Kristen Chenoweth’s dress from the Oscars. But Aishwarya completely owned that red carpet.

24. smruthi May 20, 2014 at 18:54 #

Am sure nobody will remember this after this epic moment..

25. jenny May 20, 2014 at 18:57 #

Kristin Chenoweth wore this to the 2014 oscars first!

26. Rahul May 20, 2014 at 18:59 #

My heart has skipped several beats looking at her. This is the true Diva Moment of Cannes 2014! The most beautiful woman on the planet looking uber sexy here! What poise and elegance! I can go on and on! Head-over-heels in love!

27. Penny May 20, 2014 at 19:01 #

Wow, I love the attitude! The dress and hair are both gorgeous. I think this is her saying ‘screw you’ to all those people who made remarks about her baby weight and age etc.

28. Beth May 20, 2014 at 19:04 #

I am short of words.She looks like a goddess from heaven.The best Cannes look at this year!!

29. Carrie May 20, 2014 at 19:10 #

Wow! She looks amazing.

Just shows how differently a dress can look on two different women…

30. dee May 20, 2014 at 19:11 #

Hot mama. She is working it. She looks amazing. Love the confidence.

31. RT May 20, 2014 at 19:18 #

Aishwarya totally owned it. Stunning beauty.

32. Pedro May 20, 2014 at 19:30 #

Wow! That’s what i call perfection!

33. Marcel May 20, 2014 at 19:30 #

I don’t like it. Not even a little bit. She looks beautiful from neck up and she has a fabulous body but the dress is a big NOOOOO for me.

34. Mya May 20, 2014 at 19:52 #

She looks like perfection. Smokin’ hot. I’m sure lots of us have heard about how brutal the Indian media can be with Aishwarya. I’m so glad she knocked this one out of the park, and gave such a firm reply to her haters. And it’s so great to see how confident she is!

35. justme May 20, 2014 at 20:02 #

I’m not a big fan of the dress but it fits her perfectly. Hair & makeup are just perfect though. They are selling the look to me.

36. aggu May 20, 2014 at 20:37 #

Finalllllllly….Aish comes and owns the redcarpet….splendid…the best ever appearance by her in 13 years….minimalistic jewellery, long swayed hair…and the lovely dash of red on her lips adds so much elegance to the look….kudos

37. Tracy L May 20, 2014 at 20:37 #

I bet in person she is stunning and would take your breath away. Gorgeous!

38. Thabiso May 20, 2014 at 20:41 #

This look just screams, “I’M BACK!” and I’m loving it, perfect!

39. Pratyush May 20, 2014 at 21:18 #

Wow she really shut down the detractors with this. It would not have been easy for one of the Mose beautiful women on the planet to be criticised for how she looked etc post the baby but she marched on. Much respect to that confidence and perseverance. This look is the icing not bag 3 year journey! Ps. Don’t think she’s ever looked this well put together!

40. tara May 20, 2014 at 21:25 #

She looks Gorgeous! The gown may no be to my taste but cant fault the look. I was worried that she’d fall short given Sonam and freida did pull off amazing looks until now. I just hope her look for tom is a Cinderella gown from Zuhair Murad or a designer she hasn’t worn before but sadly I think it’ll be tried and tested Armani or Gucci in black. Really hope its not an Indian outfit. She’s done enough of those.

• Ahot May 21, 2014 at 06:30 #

Yup, you know she wasn´t going to let the youn´ guns outdo her like that. :-)
      I was maybe the only fan of Kristin´s look @ the Oscars, but after seeing this… .
      Some gowns are meant for others. Aish is killing it.

41. Kay May 20, 2014 at 21:42 #

Whoa! She just shut the red carpet down!!! I love this! She is ridiculously sexy and totally sells the look! LOVE LOVE LOVE! Aishwarya just stole the Queen of Cannes title from Sonam!

42. Lily May 20, 2014 at 22:30 #

And that is how it’s done. Bravo!

43. Mario Suarez May 20, 2014 at 23:58 #

She is so sensational, it borders on being illegal/unfair to the other normal gorgeous human-beings…She is the Lionel Messi of the movie world – Beyond Compare!

44. Jess May 21, 2014 at 00:03 #

I was getting nervous since I started from page one and everything at cannes so far today has been ‘nope’ ‘don’t like’ or ‘could do better’ but finally! I don’t even care that it is a repeat, I didn’t remember it. She is working the hell out of this dress and she looks fabulous. Love it!

45. Maria May 21, 2014 at 00:25 #

She looks stunning! and who cares if someone else has worn it before. It’s not a big deal specially since everyone is guilty of it one way or another. Aishwarya is on the top of my list with Blake because she is working it. The walk, the attitude and it’s a total comeback.
    Eat your heart out to all those people who made fun of her weight.

46. kane May 21, 2014 at 00:39 #

Not for me.

47. Ria May 21, 2014 at 00:48 #

She looks so fab and confident, I’m so proud that the Indian actresses are killing it on the red carpet at Cannes

48. Prudence May 21, 2014 at 01:00 #

Not feeling this at all. The hair and makeup everyone is raving about is also not doing anything for me. I am sooo shocked though that Cavalli would give a gown he CUSTOM made for another lady to her to wear to Cannes.

• A May 21, 2014 at 01:19 #

Custom made or not. It looks so much better on Aishwarya Rai than it did on Kristen Chenoweth. Aishwarya just brings this gown to life.

• Ahot May 21, 2014 at 06:33 #

Good point. I can only hope, she saw it on Kristin & she wanted to have that. She sure needed something really sexy to keep up with Sonam & Co ;-)

49. Dil May 21, 2014 at 03:52 #

I love the lips against all that golden!

50. Jazz May 21, 2014 at 03:59 #

Aish is literally in her own league, absolute knockout!

• Ahot May 21, 2014 at 06:34 #

She sure is. It was high time to remind everyone about the true queen of Cannes. She did that.

51. sunny May 21, 2014 at 08:31 #

you know lots of people criticized her post aradhy’s birth, relating her age and maternity weight.. screw those people!!!! the Queen is back and with a bang…Let 10 people were this dress but the way she carried it is just effortless, truly the most beautiful women on the planet….
    Hail the queen A-Rai,..

52. Dea May 21, 2014 at 09:17 #

I’ve never before seen anyone completely OWN the red carpet like that.
    I loved Aish before, but she never looked this amazing. I looked up other photographs on Getty and my jaw just dropped. She is like a goddess, going through the crowd saying BOW BEFORE ME, MORTALS.
    Seriously, BDOTY just based on the attitude, even though the dress was a repeat.

53. Shruti May 21, 2014 at 09:32 #

I do not think Aishwarya repeated the dress. In one of her interviews she said that Cannes preparation is started 3 to 4 months before the event to give time for selection , alteration, fitting,delivery & refitting of the dress. Grammy awards was held on 26th january and Aishwarya walked the carpet on 20th May. A gap of just four months. Besides Robert Cavalli had tweeted yesterday calling Aishwarya as “our golden girl”. There is also a video of the making of her gown on youtube. So it is just a coincidence. BTW Aishwarya looks stunning in the gown.

54. kevin May 21, 2014 at 11:41 #

….And the QUEEN has arrived, ladies and gentlemen!

55. SS May 21, 2014 at 11:47 #

BDOTY! What attitude! This how to shut down the Cannes Red Carpet.

56. Prerna May 21, 2014 at 11:50 #

What a devastatingly gorgeous lady! Perfect styling. I think I can use the word ‘hot’ for Aishwarya for the first time. BDOTD!

57. Jones19 May 21, 2014 at 13:20 #

WOWZA! Love everything about this! She’s the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen I think.

58. Zoë May 21, 2014 at 16:00 #

The dress looks stunning!
    Fits her really well.

59. sam May 21, 2014 at 17:47 #

I mean she is beautiful and most important thing is she silenced the all critics.she is totally worth it.

60. anjos May 21, 2014 at 22:03 #

I can not express how bored I am with these kind of Cavalli/Versace looks on the red carpet. Gorgeous, yes. But overdone and overkilled.

• Nat39 May 22, 2014 at 00:00 #

Ditto. This is hardly a fashion moment. Overdone, overkilled – Roberto Cavalli for pageant moment.

61. snowlion May 22, 2014 at 09:34 #

She has breathed some serious life into that dress!

62. David May 22, 2014 at 10:01 #

Such looks run a high risk of becoming trashy with an excessive boobage show or ridiculous pouting but it’s only Aishwarya who can keep it very refined, classy and alluring. She is a pro at posing for photos.
    The epitome of grace and elegance, with a touch of sass here. Good change of pace. Adorable!

63. Tara May 22, 2014 at 21:38 #

The dress looks good on her BUT i think her arms look flabby n big n the pointed sides of the dress gives her armpit boobs- altogether she needs some more tone , -and emphasizes lack of a waist

64. admmgz May 22, 2014 at 23:15 #

Stunning.

I guess I really didn’t pay that much attention to Kristin to notice her dress..maybe it was her blonde hair/ gold dress combo that made me just bypass it..?

65. Adam May 23, 2014 at 14:51 #

She is looking so hot! The most stunning face of L’Oreal. My favorite Cannes 2014 look!