Lorde In Lanvin – 2014 Billboard Music Awards

Lorde In Lanvin - 2014 Billboard Music Awards

Lorde took to the stage during the 2014 Billboard Music Awards held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Sunday (May 18) in Las Vegas, Nevada to accept her Top New Artist award.

Wearing signature black along with a bold deep-berry lip, which has landed her a M.A.C. cosmetics contract, the 17-year-old singer wore an ostrich-feathered cropped jersey and satin jacket from Lanvin’s Fall 2014 collection.

The singer styled the look with wide-leg pants and a selection of Dionea Orcini rings, completing the look with slicked-back hair.

Yay or no on this avant garde look?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kelly Rowland In Cushnie et Ochs &  Fausto Puglisi - 2014 Billboard Music Awards

Kelly Rowland In Cushnie et Ochs & Fausto Puglisi – 2014 Billboard Music Awards

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2014 Billboard Music Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2014 Billboard Music Awards?

11 Responses to Lorde In Lanvin – 2014 Billboard Music Awards

1. sophie May 19, 2014 at 16:58 #

I can’t get on board with her whole goth hipster schtick. It is unflattering to her face and unappealing. Leave that to someone who is untalented Lorde.

Though I do love the jacket, she should have done narrower, slim tuxedo pants for a sharp, tailored constast.

2. sam May 19, 2014 at 17:07 #

There’s just something about everything in this look that ages her about 10 years. But if I remember her dress sense correctly, I think she just does that all the time.

• Yeliz May 19, 2014 at 17:31 #

+1.

3. Joy May 19, 2014 at 17:17 #

I like that Lorde roles to the beat of her own drum, or so it seems, especially at her young easily influenced age. I’ve gotta give props to her for showing her personality. However, this is not a good look IMHO.

4. CTgirl May 19, 2014 at 17:23 #

She looks like a black crow in this ensemble. Ca-caw!

5. Kathy May 19, 2014 at 18:09 #

I wish she had kept the runway length instead of adding pants, it makes her look bulky and awkward. Also, her hair needed to be up IMO, because an elaborate ensemble like this needs some sort of structure to balance things out.

6. Caroline® May 19, 2014 at 18:29 #

She looks like a vulture, a crow or another creepy black bird….

7. Christine May 19, 2014 at 19:49 #

Awful

8. Tamara May 19, 2014 at 22:29 #

Love her and I think this outfit is super cool! I love love the slicked wet look hair and the gorgeous lip with the rest of the makeup bare. People on this website seem to have an aversion to any looks that are loose and not fitted. I am however very biased because I love her maturity and personality, give me social commentary and uniqueness from Lorde over, say, Selena Gomez partying with Bieber and the Jenners anyday.

9. cherrysoftness May 20, 2014 at 03:34 #

I can see why she chose this, it looks mysterious and dramatic on the runway, but it’s bulky and maybe, not quite well tailored on her? I was surprised at how different it looked on the runway.

10. kinella May 20, 2014 at 09:18 #

eeek….she is only 17 but with that make up, hair and nails (!!!!) she looks 30-ish! bad job, stylists, bad job!