19.05.14

Kelly Rowland In Cushnie et Ochs & Fausto Puglisi – 2014 Billboard Music Awards

Kelly Rowland - 2014 Billboard Music Awards

Kelly Rowland looked fierce on the red carpet of the 2014 Billboard Music Awards at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas tonight (May 18).

The singer took the crop top trend to new heights in a daring ensemble featuring a Cushnie et Ochs bra top and skirt from Fausto Puglisi.

There are very few bodies that could pull off such a revealing look so seamlessly, but Kelly’s is certainly one of them. Not a fashion malfunction in sight–only major gym inspiration for the rest of us.

Manolo Blahnik pumps, rows and rows of Ofira and Lorraine Schwartz gold bangles, a blue smokey eye and nude lips round out the sexy look.

So what do you think–are you a fan of Kelly’s daring look, or is too much on display?

Credit: Getty

Kelly Rowland In Cushnie et Ochs &  Fausto Puglisi - 2014 Billboard Music Awards

Kelly Rowland In Cushnie et Ochs & Fausto Puglisi – 2014 Billboard Music Awards

Miranda Lambert In Georges Hobeika Signature - 2014 Billboard Music Awards

Miranda Lambert In Georges Hobeika Signature – 2014 Billboard Music Awards

34 Responses to Kelly Rowland In Cushnie et Ochs & Fausto Puglisi – 2014 Billboard Music Awards

1. eminere May 19, 2014 at 11:08 #

I’ve always liked Kelly but this looks like a rest stop on the highway to skank.

• Agi May 19, 2014 at 11:24 #

TA!

• amy May 19, 2014 at 11:36 #

amen. put those boobs away.

• Christine May 19, 2014 at 12:04 #

Girl, yes!!!

This is atrocious

• CTgirl May 19, 2014 at 16:10 #

• Luvergrrl May 20, 2014 at 05:42 #

-1,000,000. She’s rocking. How antiquated is the concept of skank as a pejorative term for women anyway?

• Ahot May 20, 2014 at 09:06 #

Sideeye for the skank comment. -_-

2. Alex May 19, 2014 at 11:18 #

Slutty, tacky and attention seeking

• Saree May 19, 2014 at 14:13 #

I think the slutty (and skank above) remarks are totally uncalled for.

Yes this is a site dedicated to critiquing the fashion choices by mainly women in the industry and celebrity world. But it’s not a place to use derogatory words that contribute to the stereotypes that society places on women: that showing a bit (or a lot, or all) of your boobs, makes you a ‘slut’.

I agree that it’s attention seeking, these are celebrities after all. I think it’s a terrible outfit.

The hate on women showing skin is disgusting, especially by other women. Men can do it, no questions asked. Why can’t women?! Our opinions on tasteless or classy will differ, and I think women can do it in a classy way. But either way does not make them a skank or a slut!

• Jones19 May 19, 2014 at 16:01 #

Love your comment Saree! It seems that even the slightest bit of cleavage gets “slutty” remarks in the comments and it really bothers me.

• Cole May 19, 2014 at 17:38 #

Well said.

• Kathy May 19, 2014 at 18:25 #

While I agree that derogatory words like these are hurtful, I think there’s a distinction between calling a woman a slut and calling her outfit “slutty”. I can’t speak for the original poster, but describing Kelly’s clothing this way isn’t necessarily a comment on her character.

• Alex May 19, 2014 at 21:56 #

Thank you. I was commenting on the outfit not her character.

• Ahot May 20, 2014 at 09:13 #

It directly reflects on her character, because there is onkly one type of woman that wears “slutty” clothing, hence the name.
          I am sure Alex wasn´t thinking much of it, but Saree is right to call it out. It makes everyone of us think twice about which words we use to criticize others, especially women. Words can imply things & carry hidden meanings we do not always think about.

• Ahot May 20, 2014 at 09:14 #

*only.
            Hate typos, ugh.

• Luvergrrl May 20, 2014 at 05:45 #

Thank you Saree. I completely agree, and wish I could have stated it half so well as you did.

3. Denise May 19, 2014 at 11:18 #

“Too much on display”, a no from me.

4. Fiona - Perth May 19, 2014 at 11:38 #

This definitely reads “attention seeking” to me – yes her body is amazing, blah blah blah… we don’t need to see it all busting out to be impressed. If the top wasn’t split maybe it would be cool, and I don’t like the shoes much either.

• cherrysoftness May 19, 2014 at 11:49 #

I also think this would be a lot better with the top not split like that. It’s not the exposed skin that’s bothering me but the way, her cleavage seems to be shadowed by a heavy lining to give it a really perfect circular curve. It’s just, it’s a bit embarrassing to look at.

5. B May 19, 2014 at 11:39 #

Just because you can wear it, doesn’t mean you should.

6. Yeliz May 19, 2014 at 11:42 #

Just.. no.

7. mimmi May 19, 2014 at 12:06 #

Please, this is just super transparent of how desperate for attention she is…

8. Marcel May 19, 2014 at 13:10 #

This is more Rihana like or Kesha like. She doesn’t need the mega sexiness factor to sell herself.

9. k May 19, 2014 at 14:45 #

She looks amazing! I don’t ever comment, but I decided to because she looks hot. Everybody on this site always comment negatively when a celebrity shows a certain body part, you all act like you all are just the perfect little darling that have never showed an inch of you body before. Folks loosen up. I am not saying go outside naked, but dang I feel like you all just go outside covered head to toe in a blanket or something. I was reading one comment that said the perfect circular curve referring to her boobs, are you mad or something. If they were hanging to her knees y’all still be complaining. Commenters seems so dang depressed and unhappy with there bodies on here.

• Luvergrrl May 20, 2014 at 05:46 #

+1!

• Luvergrrl May 20, 2014 at 20:26 #

Your comment is spot on & hilarious! Please comment more often :)

10. dee May 19, 2014 at 16:10 #

I think this would have looked sexier without her breasts showing so much. Just a hint of cleavage would have been better. Especially since she has that high slit on the skirt.

• julyol1972 May 19, 2014 at 22:00 #

This is the 2014 version of “Boobs Legsley”. One or the other Kelly, not both at the same time!

11. Lisa May 19, 2014 at 16:33 #

I would have loved it if it had covered her chest better – it is showing too much skin.

12. Prudence May 19, 2014 at 18:43 #

I am ashamed for her, the attention seeking has reached a new level.

13. Luvergrrl May 20, 2014 at 05:51 #

Well thank goodness for this outfit. It’s aesthetically refreshing after all those glamourous but demure cookie cutter Cannes gowns. Ms Rowland looks smashing!

• Luvergrrl May 20, 2014 at 05:56 #

This outfit outs me in mind of Diana vreeland’s quote: A little bad taste is like a nice splash of paprika. We all need a splash of bad taste—it’s hearty, it’s healthy, it’s physical. I think we could use more of it. No taste is what I’m against.
      Amen!

• Ahot May 20, 2014 at 09:19 #

I read all your comments & you´re on a roll!:-) I died & came back to life twice @ your -1,000,000 one . Lmao

• Luvergrrl May 20, 2014 at 20:37 #

Thank you :) your comment above about hidden meanings really got to the core of the truth for me. It’s so dispiriting to read derisive comments that imply a woman has ‘loose sexual morals’ just because they don’t like her top!
          And anyway, I’m all for bad taste and loose sexual morals ;)