Jennifer Lopez In Donna Karan – 2014 Billboard Music Awards

Jennifer Lopez In Donna Karan - 2014 Billboard Music Awards

Jennifer Lopez swept onto the scene at the 2014 Billboard Music Awards, hosted at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada tonight (May 18), where she opened the show with an energetic performance alongside Pitbull.

While her sheer cape gown, hailing from the Donna Karan Fall 2014 collection, may have matched the colour of the red carpet, she was in no danger of blending into the background.

We’ve somewhat grown accustomed to seeing the entertainer and ‘American Idol’ judge in all measures of micro dresses.

However, despite its length, this negligee-like design was still very much a standard J. Lo fashion move, what with its deep plunge neckline, bodysuit and slit-to-there side panels.

Her red Jimmy Choo ‘Maury’ sandals, Marina B jewels and metallic accessories were presentable, but it was her thick, Valley of the Dolls hair that I just cannot comprehend.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

19 thoughts on “Jennifer Lopez In Donna Karan – 2014 Billboard Music Awards

1. Marybeth

I can’t get past the hair either.
      Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad with a 1960′s retro look, but with this particular dress it’s just…awful.

1. AW

Obviously the hair is a no.

However, I really like the gown, it’s dramatic and sexy without being naked.

JLo at her finest.

I hope my body looks like that after two children and 40+ years.

2. pinksugar

I love the hair and makeup. JLO rocked this hair long before a Grande even existed. The dress…well only she could pull it off this well.

3. cherrysoftness

I love the color and the drama of the look, even the cougar-nightgown feel, I think it was really meant to be costume-y. And I think the hair would’ve been an okay match if it wasn’t so stiff; the rock-solidness of the hair kills the whole voluptuous vibe of the look.

Maybe it was intentional? I can imagine the hairstylist saying, “We wanted the hair to be perfectly sleek so that, with such a languid gown, she would not look like a careless floozy.”. But with a gown like this, you must be prepared to play some kind of wanton sex goddess part, it’s just a given.

4. Valissa

I think we’ve been spoilt with the glamour of Cannes over the last few days because all these looks at the Billboard Music awards are coming across as very TACKY!
    I wish J-lo will stop trying so hard!

5. TL

No No No! I Love this dress when seeing how Karlie Kloss rocked it on the runway, JLo is just not the right person for this dramatic gown. The hairstyle doesn’t suit her, the whole look gives me a ‘Little Red Riding Hood’ Halloween costume feeling.

6. Yeliz

A big No to the hair. And while I’m not a fan of the dress either, it looks good on her.