18.05.14

Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior – Cannes Film Festival Parties

Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior - Cannes Film Festival Parties

Jennifer Lawrence wore two more Dior looks yesterday evening (May 17) during Cannes Film Festival following her arrival and photocall earlier in the day.

Vanity Fair & Armani Party: Jennifer’s first look of the evening was a Christian Dior Spring 2014 Couture black silk jumpsuit styled with a Roger Vivier ‘Papillon’ clutch, gold metal Dior belt, My Dior gold cuff and yet more Dior Fine Jewellery pieces. I just love the Brian Atwood gold studded ‘Alis’ pumps, which were the perfect finishing touch to the black-gold theme.

‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1’ Party: After a busy day of photocalls and press conferences, Jennifer attended a party held in honour of the movie with her castmates. The actress wore a black chiffon Dior tank dress over blue crepe mini dress, giving the look a sultry, layered effect. Those who are over the sheer trend may just roll their eyes at this one, but what really popped here were her Irene Neuwirth emerald drop earrings. Her Roger Vivier ‘Papillon’ clutch completed her look again.

Credit: Getty

22 Comments
Hilary Swank In Bottega Veneta - 'The Homesman' Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Hilary Swank In Bottega Veneta – ‘The Homesman’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Monica Bellucci In Dolce & Gabbana - 'La Meraviglie' Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Monica Bellucci In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘La Meraviglie’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

22 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior – Cannes Film Festival Parties

1. Alina May 18, 2014 at 12:33 #

Great looks!
    Her outfits from yesterday show that the problem is not that she wears (almost) exclusively Dior; the problem is that her stylist doesn’t always make the best choices, but yesterday he did. Good job!

2. onetwothree May 18, 2014 at 12:46 #

not a huge fan of the dress on the right. i have to say though, of all the dior looks she wore yesterday, i really like this one http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2014/05/17/jennifer-lawrence-christian-dior-cannes/ (though the style is similar to another dior dress she at cannes last year)

3. Princess Chi Chi May 18, 2014 at 12:51 #

Much improved! The fit of the pants on the first looks a bit off and I don’t particularly like the sheer skirt in the seconds but her hair/makeup/accessories are on point. Delighted at the massive improvement!!

4. dee May 18, 2014 at 13:03 #

I only like the first look.

5. TL May 18, 2014 at 13:28 #

I also like the jumpsuit look, great pick of accessories, nice hair and makeup.
    The sheer dress is just awful. Absolutely HATE the sheer(skirt) trend from beginning since most of the ladies look short and tacky (instead of sexy and beautiful) with sheer dresses.

6. Christine May 18, 2014 at 14:23 #

Love and adore her first look

7. Yeliz May 18, 2014 at 15:06 #

The first look is gorgeous, I love it from h2t. The second look is nice too, but I like the earrings the most.

8. Kathy May 18, 2014 at 15:16 #

I like both looks, but what really stand out to me are her hair and makeup. They’re a little bit edgy but still age-appropriate, which is nice to see considering she’s had more than her fair share of matronly looks in the past few months.

9. Emmeline May 18, 2014 at 15:25 #

She looks great in that jumpsuit, and even though I hate the sheer skirt over a miniskirt I at least appreciate that the dress isn’t aging her the way most of her Dior looks do.

Even with the sheer dress, I’d say yesterday was the most successful run she’s ever had of wearing Dior. It was the closest to her age that they’ve ever dressed her. Everything was flattering and her hair, makeup and accessories were fantastic.

10. justme May 18, 2014 at 15:32 #

I only like the first look. The jumpsuit is nice and even though the fit of the pants could be better, her styling is top notch.

I still enjoy the sheer skirt trend and even I can’t approve of the second dress. It’s a lazy effort from Dior and doesn’t really do anything for Jennifer.

11. Dero May 18, 2014 at 15:59 #

I love the black jumpsuit, simple and chic. Not feeling the second dress as much, although I do appreciate that at least it’s more youthful than the standard Dior fare. I like what her stylist has been doing with her in Cannes – 3 out of 4 flawless Dior looks ain’t bad.

12. pinksugar May 18, 2014 at 16:48 #

Don’t like either yet again *sigh* Dior and Jennifer just don’t do it for me.

13. Cala May 18, 2014 at 16:54 #

I think she fits the new house of Dior very well. The black jumpsuit with the gold belt is excellent. Also kudos to whoever made the shoe choices yesterday.

14. Shelby May 18, 2014 at 17:21 #

Do you know if the second dress with the sheer overlay is custom or adapted from the runway? I’ve been looking at Dior collections and can’t find anything like it myself.

15. sophie May 18, 2014 at 17:55 #

I am over Jen in black and navy. The black look is great, if she didn’t wear black so often. The blue Dior look is boring and cheap looking.

16. Rebecca Z May 18, 2014 at 20:02 #

I really like the jumpsuit–she looks great in it. The dress, not so much. Looks like a bathing suit or athletic tank top on top with a coverup. But, still better than a lot of her Dior looks.

17. Southern Cross May 18, 2014 at 22:57 #

I second everyone who’s saying that they’re just so glad to see good hair and makeup on J.Law. I’ve always thought she’s an absolutely gorgeous girl, and she was a knock-out when she first appeared, but has gone through a long slump in my eyes, especially with that pixie crop that was more often than not styled to make her look ten years older than she actually is. I’m just so glad to see something unstructured, youthful and feminine.
    As far as the clothes go, I like the jumpsuit a lot, with those gold accessories. The dress, not so much, although I would have liked it a lot if the blue had been taken all the way down to the floor and had peeked out underneath the black. I think the neckline of that dress is quite oo-la-la!
    And the earrings are gorgeous.

• Southern Cross May 18, 2014 at 23:01 #

PS Is the ponytail an extension?

• justme May 19, 2014 at 01:24 #

She doesn’t have a ponytail. It’s the hair of the woman behind her :)

18. EmmaWoodhouse May 18, 2014 at 23:03 #

I think the hair and makeup is glowing, making her look her lovely self. I like how she styled the first look especially, however, I’m not a fan of either ensemble.

19. LC May 19, 2014 at 06:42 #

she looks so different… but can’t pin point what it is…..

20. kane May 19, 2014 at 09:27 #

Maybe there’s hope for Jennistian. I do miss the fun and the edge in these looks, but she looks elegant and good.