17.05.14 Premiere

Lea Seydoux In Prada – ‘Saint Laurent’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

"Saint Laurent" Premiere - The 67th Annual Cannes Film Festival

Lea Seydoux took to the red carpet this evening (May 17) for the ‘Saint Laurent’ premiere at Cannes Film Festival following the photocall earlier in the day.

Blue was her colour for the day, but she vamped things up with an intensely hypnotic emerald-green Prada gown for the evening.

The actress seems to be the only one who has had a 100% hit rate when it comes to Miuccia Prada’s gowns, and this is no exception.

Cut from luxe duchesse satin, the 3/4 sleeve gown with a deep plunging neckline featuring crystal detailing on the shoulders and train is styled with diamond-encrusted emerald jewels.

Working a bold deep red lip and chic updo, this puts Lea in line for BDOTD… but the night is still very young.

Credit: Getty

Zooey Deschanel's Zooey Deschanel for Tommy Hilfiger Sleeveless Contrast-Trim Belted Dress

Zooey Deschanel’s Zooey Deschanel for Tommy Hilfiger Sleeveless Contrast-Trim Belted Dress

Eva Longoria In Gabriela Cadena - 'Saint Laurent' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Eva Longoria In Gabriela Cadena – ‘Saint Laurent’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

40 Responses to Lea Seydoux In Prada – ‘Saint Laurent’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Alina May 17, 2014 at 18:25 #

The colour of the dress with her skin tone and hair colour is OUTSTANDING!

2. Izzie May 17, 2014 at 18:31 #

BDOTY

3. Shruti May 17, 2014 at 18:36 #

Miuccia Prada should stop designing red carpet gowns for everyone else coz clearly Lea is the only one which gets her creative juices flowing! :)

4. Yeliz May 17, 2014 at 18:39 #

I absolutely LOVE this colour on her!! She looks breathtaking. This is perfection.

5. Cássia May 17, 2014 at 18:39 #

Stunning! Love Lea!

6. Marcel May 17, 2014 at 18:40 #

From neck up she looks absolutely stunning.
    The dress is horrid. Just look with attention to the sewing and the poorly made embroidery.

• Grace Patricia May 17, 2014 at 18:45 #

The first thing I noticed: this horrendous seams. The color is great on her, from the neck up she’s gorgeous. I want this hair color in my own hair!

• Noemi May 17, 2014 at 21:11 #

I’m not crazy about the makeup, I think it ages her, but I totally agree with you about the dress, it’s badly made, the sewing is terrible. Look at the side seam, I’ve never seen such a bad one. Zara’s dresses are made better!

• alvaro_spain May 17, 2014 at 21:11 #

7. HL May 17, 2014 at 18:46 #

Love it!

However, I’m thinking that maybe she should’ve worn a vintage gown or something from YSL. After all she stars in a Saint Laurent biopic, and it would’ve been a good way to show some homage to the late designer.

• Marcel May 17, 2014 at 19:18 #

Difficult because this movie hasn’t been approved by Pierre Bergé . He,in fact, called it farcical.
      Her stylist would never have access to the archives,I think.

• Jinny May 17, 2014 at 19:22 #

Plus she is on the Prada payroll…money beats sentiment

• Marcel May 17, 2014 at 19:24 #

Very true, indeed.

8. Nat39 May 17, 2014 at 18:52 #

Can’t say I’m truly impressed but glad to see she is making an effort to wow and give us something spectacular. This may not be my fave look from her but I’m def. seeing a spark here.

9. Charlotte May 17, 2014 at 18:55 #

The color of the dress, the hair, the make up : perfect.
    She looks stunning but… the fabric of the dress looks a little cheap.
    Still, she’s so beautiful, I can pass that.
    Her sister is doing a great job on her and on Adele Exarchopoulos.

• Kelly May 17, 2014 at 19:02 #

Hair and makeup is perfect and the color suits her so well. Not liking the fabric either though

10. Dero May 17, 2014 at 19:00 #

The fabric looks so cheap to me. It would be positively matronly were it not for the plunging neckline. I like the silhouette and the detailing on the train, not feeling that particular shade of green though.

11. Papiki May 17, 2014 at 19:11 #

Obsessed! She really is the quintessential Prada girl!

12. Christine May 17, 2014 at 19:21 #

This is BDOTW AND BDOTD worthy!! Goosebumps!

13. Rebecca Z May 17, 2014 at 19:24 #

She looks stunning–the color, the shape and embellishment work. I agree with other comments, though, on the poor quality of the construction of the gown. The puckering along the seams, etc, should be an embarrassment for Prada.

• Marcel May 17, 2014 at 19:31 #

Puckering being the word I was looking for. Thanks.

14. justme May 17, 2014 at 19:28 #

Clearly, she’s the only one who got access to Prada’s good stuff lol. Léa looks beautiful.
    My only complaint is that she kinda look short? She should have worn those ugly platforms Fan Bing Bing adores. They would have given her more height and she would have looked more statuesque.

15. Jai May 17, 2014 at 19:46 #

Too much fabric, i’ve never been a fan of that colour and i hate the fabric.

16. Marybeth May 17, 2014 at 19:52 #

If I squint, blurring my vision, she looks great.
    Lovely color, nice overall shaping.
    But if I take the blinders off, I am appalled.
    I’ve seen better tailoring at Walmart.
    Why can’t Prada get the basics right?

• Linda May 17, 2014 at 21:00 #

Yes, I see what you mean. I’m choosing to squint too because the overall effect is amazing, regal and glamourous. Too bad.

17. dee May 17, 2014 at 20:02 #

This is OK. Color is lovely and I like the drama but agree with others about the seams. Plus I think she looks too mature.

• Iva May 17, 2014 at 20:20 #

ITA

18. Catherine May 17, 2014 at 20:45 #

This is gorgeous! I wish Miuccia Prada were more consistent with her red carpet gowns. Her cocktail dresses are often elegant and feminine, but her gowns are so inconsistent. I wish every Prada gown were as beautiful as this, or Lupita Nyong’o’s gown at the Academy Awards, or many of the gowns at the 2012 Met Gala. I even loved Anne Hathaway’s Prada gown at the Academy Awards last year, although I may have been the only one! Let’s hope Miuccia keeps up the good work!

19. sophie May 17, 2014 at 21:03 #

FC can you put this on BDOTD, BDOTW and BDOTY?

This is mind-blowing gorgeousness.

20. dedel May 17, 2014 at 22:40 #

I want to cry … Thank God to have created this film festival.

21. Pedro May 17, 2014 at 22:55 #

Wow wow wow!

She looks perfect! BDOTY

22. eminere May 18, 2014 at 03:02 #

Sleeves and waist are unflattering. She actually looks stumpy and fat – which she isn’t, obviously. The whole style of the dress also looks dated.

23. EmmaWoodhouse May 18, 2014 at 04:15 #

Miuccia definitely does better by her than by anyone else. I love the color, the sleeves, and the dramatic train. I don’t love the plunging neckline–too revealing–or the poorly sewn side-seam. The overall shape of the dress is good as some others have noted, but the tailoring is poor. Really, Prada? This is supposed to be designer…a masterpiece…but almost anyone could sew a better seam! I’m also not a fan of her makeup. That said, I do like the drama the look brings and redhead + green is always nice to see.

24. Prudence May 18, 2014 at 04:56 #

I must be the only one who notices all those seam lines cause this is certainly not a bdotd/week/year
    This dress looks incredibly cheap. Lord, Prada needs to cease making gowns.

25. Stel May 18, 2014 at 09:19 #

I think she look gorgeous, her hair, her earrings, her make up and the colour of the gown is in great contrary to her skin.. But I think that the fabric ages her a bit.. especially on the hips..

26. Gemma Rockets May 19, 2014 at 06:35 #

As everyone has noted, the puckering in the side seams is terrible. A big shame because the colour, shape, and embellishments are stunning. I think miuccia needs to steer clear of the satin which only highlights the poor construction of her gowns… Imagine this in a soft crepe.

27. kane May 19, 2014 at 09:42 #

I liked this much better on my phone display. I love the rich colour on her but the dress is a let down all around, the seams, the fit, the applications.

28. LM May 19, 2014 at 12:05 #

This is a perfectly stunning dress but Lea’s red hair, her makeup? It makes the whole look dated and aging. This dress just isn’t on the right woman.

29. TeaAtTwo May 19, 2014 at 19:30 #

It’s a pity about the seaming as the overall effect is mesmerising bringing drama and glamour to Cannes.

30. Cheryl May 21, 2014 at 19:11 #

I love this look. Atypical red carpet choice. Bravo, Prada!