Eva Green In Elie Saab Couture – ‘The Salvation’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Eva Green In Elie Saab Couture - 'The Salvation' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Eva Green attended ‘The Salvation’ premiere during the 67th Annual Cannes Film Festival this evening (May 17) in Cannes, France.

My prediction of her wearing black was totally turned on its head, as she made a mesmerizing entrance onto the red carpet wearing a blood-red Elie Saab Fall 2013 Couture gown – her second Elie Saab look of the day.

The v-back gown with a flowing train, embellished bodice and cape sleeves has everything you expect from an Eva Green look – mystery, intrigue and an alluring sensibility.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jessica Chastain In Atelier Versace - 'The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Jessica Chastain In Atelier Versace – ‘The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 4 of Cannes Film Festival 2014?

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 4 of Cannes Film Festival 2014?

30 Responses to Eva Green In Elie Saab Couture – ‘The Salvation’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. Valissa May 18, 2014 at 00:31 #

I have a feeling some people are going to complain about this being yet another embellished Elie Saab gown…but I love it!! What a stunning shade of red! Especially on her pale skin and with her black hair.
    I get that this style of ES dress is not very original but it’s still beautiful and she fantastic IMO

2. Valissa May 18, 2014 at 00:32 #

I get that this style of ES dress is not very original but it’s still beautiful and she looks fantastic IMO

3. CTgirl May 18, 2014 at 00:33 #

I do believe that Ms. Green is the only person who could carry of this richly dramatic look in this mesmerizing color. Brava!

4. Serena May 18, 2014 at 00:33 #

OMG this is outstanding. I love it!

5. Yeliz May 18, 2014 at 00:33 #

She should’ve worn her hair in a elegant updo. The gown is beautiful.

6. Heaven May 18, 2014 at 00:37 #

I really love it ! I expected her to wore black and be boring but this outstanding !

7. dee May 18, 2014 at 00:56 #

Beautiful look. Stunning color.

8. justme May 18, 2014 at 00:59 #

The dress is exquisite and perfectly suits Eva’s style.

Hair & makeup though? Ouch.
    The heavy liner/shadow on her lower lash line and the lipstick are just disastrous. And an updo would have been better.

• Nicole May 18, 2014 at 11:20 #

I completely agree. The dress is absolutely gorgeous, but the make-up is a bit scary… I’m on board with the up-do too, it would have shown of the embellishment and sheer cape sleeves so much better.

• jones19 May 19, 2014 at 15:27 #

Couldn’t agree more. I’m a makeup artist so badly applied makeup can ruin a look for me :/

9. TL May 18, 2014 at 00:59 #

Amazing and beautiful gown, but her hair is really bothering me. An updo or Half-Up&Half-Down would be better.

10. sophie May 18, 2014 at 01:05 #

I had hoped Angelina Jolie would wear this, but Eva more than does the gown justice. She should wear more Elie Saab.

11. Jeremyrain May 18, 2014 at 01:07 #

I love how Eva “vamp” up this glamour look. She’s reminding me of her own character in “Dark Shadows”.

12. Nat39 May 18, 2014 at 01:10 #

The gown is beautiful, yet another fall look. Why not a delightful spring look, really, Frieda Pinto was such a breath of fresh air earlier. And what’s with that scary harsh hair/makeup?? A subtler/more refined approach to the beauty look would’ve been much preferred.

• dee May 18, 2014 at 01:16 #

I agree her makeup is too heavy.

• Marybeth May 18, 2014 at 01:34 #

Agree on all points!

13. FER May 18, 2014 at 01:15 #

I am the first person that is always complaining about Elie Saab on the red carpet, each time I am expecting the same from him, embellished princess like gowns, but DAAAAMN, you will NEVER hear me complain again, because this is just absolutely stunning!!!!!

I just love when fashion is used to extend your personality, to show your true persona, this look, head to toe is gorgeous for Eva Green, I wouldn’t change anything. I love this!, yet another look for my bdoty list!

Such an outstanding day, fashionwise.

14. amy May 18, 2014 at 02:15 #

finally. the dress is beautiful

15. Christine May 18, 2014 at 02:29 #

She looks nice but not wowed

16. Nat May 18, 2014 at 04:23 #

She looks amazing. Love it

17. EmmaWoodhouse May 18, 2014 at 04:42 #

I was hoping for red! This looks like a Medieval queen. Love the dress!

18. Prudence May 18, 2014 at 04:48 #

that makeup is horrendous. this could have been a great look for Eva but I cannot condone everything above the neck.

19. Alina May 18, 2014 at 05:14 #

Love this – subtly dramatic!

20. Noemi May 18, 2014 at 09:17 #

She looks beautiful as always, but I don’t like the makeup, the blush seems to be applied without sense.

21. Dean May 18, 2014 at 12:31 #

I agree about the hair. Also I would have raised the sleeve length a bit. Wouldn’t mind seeing this on Florence Welch.

22. Emma May 18, 2014 at 23:40 #

Love this!!! The make-up is a little heavy, but I like it. Makes her appearance all the more dramatic. A+

23. Gemma Rockets May 19, 2014 at 06:14 #

It’s a shame her makeup does look heavy handed in some of these photos but Eva looks spectacular, I would kill for her beautiful eyes and I love her moody, gothic beauty.

24. WW May 19, 2014 at 08:24 #

FC,
    Fan Bingbing wore this dress at the end of last year(I didn’t remember the exact date), you could have a look

25. kane May 19, 2014 at 09:31 #

The make up ruins this for me. The gown is okay, but the cool, subtle runway styling works much better for me. To be fair though, as beautiful as Eva is, she’s given me some of my red carpet trauma looks. If I’m as (almost-)neutral as I am towards this look, then that’s a win.

26. Natalie May 19, 2014 at 13:50 #

This look works because Eva brings her personality to the gown and the gown helps to highlight her personality. It is a relationship on both sides, and that’s what the most exciting and most stylish people do. BDOTW.

I love the heavy makeup actually. It suits her.