Blake Lively In Chanel Couture – ‘Mr Turner’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Blake Lively In Chanel Couture - 'Mr Turner' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Blake Lively was back on the red carpet this evening (May 15) for the ‘Mr Turner’ Premiere during the 67th Annual Cannes Film Festival in Cannes, France.

The actress wore a Chanel Spring 2014 Couture iridescent ankle-length dress enriched with sequins, tulle and organza embroideries with a silk kimono draped around her arms.

I can already feel that some will take exception to the plunging neckline, but my issue the placement of her hands in her pockets, mimicking the runway.

This is not the first time she has mimicked the runway. You may remember her Lanvin Spring 2011 look worn to the Spike TV Awards, where she parted her skirt to give it movement like the runway image.

Nonetheless, this was another amazing look for Blake, who dazzled as brightly as the frock, accessorising with Sophia Webster ‘Etta’ pink pumps with a diamante heel, and Lorraine Schwartz jewels.

3594057

You can buy Blake’s Sophia Webster ‘Etta’ Pumps from Harrods.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Julianne Moore In Louis Vuittion - 'Mr Turner' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Julianne Moore In Louis Vuittion – ‘Mr Turner’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Zoe Saldana In Jason Wu - 'Mr Turner' Cannes Film Festival Premiere

Zoe Saldana In Jason Wu – ‘Mr Turner’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

70 Responses to Blake Lively In Chanel Couture – ‘Mr Turner’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. ana May 15, 2014 at 18:52 #

Thank god she wore gucci first.

• Ahot May 16, 2014 at 14:01 #

lmao! Gals will hate it, but men will LOVE it! :-)

2. Cecilia May 15, 2014 at 18:54 #

I don’t really like the shoes with this gown. I wish she a pair of sandals instead of pumps!

3. sophie May 15, 2014 at 18:54 #

I’d like this better on a delicate blonde like Kirsten Dunst with a delicate updo and without the shawl.

Blake’s California waves are telling me one thing, and her delicate confection is telling me something else.

Imagine Blake in custom Atelier Versace…

• sophie May 15, 2014 at 18:59 #

FC you would have a heart attack if Blake wore [custom] Atelier Versace, just admit it *g*

• Catherine Kallon May 15, 2014 at 19:12 #

so very true… but it would be too obvious.

• sophie May 15, 2014 at 19:18 #

Hey FC, but isn’t your phrase, especially when it comes to folks like Blake, ‘if it ain’t broke don’t fix it’? ;)

The results would be similar to Blake’s work with Gucci Premiere, to come to think of it. Do you agree?

• Catherine Kallon May 15, 2014 at 19:20 #

I don’t think so, like I said too obvious and the last two collection would look super tacky on her.

4. Yeliz May 15, 2014 at 18:57 #

I have to admit I’m not a big fan of the gown but it does look great on her and better than on the model. I looked through the photos and she has her hands in her pockets in every pose she gave. It’s kinda bothering me, because I would’ve loved to see a photo without her hands in her pockets. Nevertheless, she looks great again and I love the shoes, though I’m not wowed like yesterday.

• sara May 15, 2014 at 20:55 #

Agreed!

• StarGirlTingTing May 22, 2014 at 00:06 #

I’ve worked it out! She’s got her hands in her pocket to hide the weird proportions (v. thin waist and v. wide hips)!…I think.

5. kane May 15, 2014 at 18:57 #

Hm, I find this interesting in view of the slightly heated exchange/comment we had yesterday on the I think the Best Dressed of the Day post. I grant that yesterday’s gown might have been more conventional and this is an edgier choice, but I think this one doesn’t work at all. WAY too much going on in here. I’d take the Gucci Premiere any day.

6. Alina May 15, 2014 at 18:57 #

I don’t know how I feel about this. I think I would have liked it more if the skirt hadn’t been so sheer.

7. CreoleLady May 15, 2014 at 18:58 #

I like her much better in Gucci. But then, I like almost everyone better in anything other than Chanel.

8. Emmeline May 15, 2014 at 18:58 #

The dress is pretty, but I wish she’d worn her hair up and traded the pumps for a sandal.

• dee May 15, 2014 at 19:14 #

I agree and also lose the shawl.

• Christine May 15, 2014 at 19:44 #

Definitely lose the shawl. Not liking this look as her Gucci Stunner. This is underwhelming

• mm May 15, 2014 at 20:53 #

the shawl is awful. and pump was too heavy. i dont like the dress.

• sara May 15, 2014 at 20:56 #

9. H May 15, 2014 at 18:58 #

She looks great, I love it, although the hair makes me think of Serena Van Der Woodsen instantly.

10. firien May 15, 2014 at 19:02 #

I don’t think this dress is really flattering on her. It somewhat stumpifies her figure (or is t just the pose?), and gives her an oddly thin waist with oddly wide hips.

11. Nat39 May 15, 2014 at 19:04 #

I actually prefer this look over her last night’s one, the gown was absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. This delicate creation, however, is much more enticing and special, not to mention delighfully spring-y light, just wish the hair was styled in a more elegant, refined ‘do.

• Jojo May 15, 2014 at 22:37 #

Me Too!

12. Moxie May 15, 2014 at 19:06 #

I wish the dress were floor length, not ankle length.

• Suz May 15, 2014 at 20:54 #

Totally agree. That ankle length ruins it for me. Also, think it might be better without the shawl.

13. Prudence May 15, 2014 at 19:12 #

Okay, perhaps she is best wearing only Gucci because this is not working. She does not suit CHANEL at all. I hate the train she is carrying, her hair is not at all what this dress need and this just ended up looking mad messy. However, I must congratulate her team on yet another amazing fit.

14. Tina Sharapova May 15, 2014 at 19:13 #

FC, you do not know when it will be ’65 Reasons to Love French Cinema’ L’Oreal Screening???

Blake in dress like a Barbie!!I like it! BDTW

• Catherine Kallon May 15, 2014 at 19:21 #

Not sure…I will look at the list

• Daniel May 15, 2014 at 19:45 #

The screening is tonight!

15. Anne May 15, 2014 at 19:16 #

This isn’t working for me. I actually love the gown itself, but on Blake’s enviable curves and long legs it comes off as shrunken – her bust just fills it out too much, and it’s hitting at an odd length. The scarf is also an unnecessary throwaway. While the shoes look darling in the buy link photo, I don’t think they work with this gown. My final nitpick is her hair. With so much else to look at, the voluminous curls are too much

• towanda May 15, 2014 at 19:25 #

ITA

16. shontay May 15, 2014 at 19:16 #

I had to stare at this for several minutes before I decided. I love it. What was throwing me off are the proportions. She has a tiny waist and a large bust. It might be more flattering on someone not as voluptuous up top. Having said that, it’s an interesting choice, it’s a glamourous choice. I don’t mind the hair either because she’s selling it. I’ve been loving her style for a good year now.

17. pinksugar May 15, 2014 at 19:17 #

I LOVE every single thing about this look. The dress, the shoes, the hair. She nailed it yet again. Cannes perfection!

18. Pedro May 15, 2014 at 19:17 #

She looks flawless!

But i need to see her in a Atelier Versace or Jean-Paul Gaultier

• sophie May 15, 2014 at 19:26 #

I agree Pedro, I am curious to see her JPG and have prayed to the fashion gods that she will go the obvious route and start a custom Atelier Versace relationship a la Uma Thurman and The Jolie. But Blake in Jean Paul Gaultier would be an interesting change of pace and a much-needed risk. The result would be sexy glamour for sure.

19. Charlotte May 15, 2014 at 19:23 #

I don’t like the dress and I think it doesn’t work on her.
    Plus the styling, especially the kimono, is not good.
    I just saw her on french TV show, she was wearing a beautiful dress and she was beautiful ! Her hair is gorgeous.

20. Ela May 15, 2014 at 19:24 #

OMG! My 90’s Barbie doll has come to life. I am so confused as to whether a good thing or not.

But the detailing on that outfit is amazing and she is a beautiful girl.

21. Marie May 15, 2014 at 19:24 #

I just saw her in Giambattista Valli Couture (Look 18, Spring 2014 collection) at Le Grand Journal, she was beautiful!

• Tina Sharapova May 15, 2014 at 19:47 #

can show picture??

• Charlotte May 15, 2014 at 20:02 #

Thank you. I wonder what she was wearing.
      The dress was great.

22. Ela May 15, 2014 at 19:24 #

OMG! My 90’s Barbie doll has come to life. I am so confused as to whether it’s a good thing or not.

But the detailing on that outfit is amazing and she is a beautiful girl.

23. Kim May 15, 2014 at 19:25 #

Just be thankful she didn’t wear the sneakers!

• sophie May 15, 2014 at 19:32 #

I know, those (and the Dior Spring 2014 Couture sneakers) were horrendous. Sheesh, the ugly sh-t some people buy (Dafodils *cough cough*)… My instinct said silver sandals but these lilac Websters with a cute silver glitter pin heel should placate us Shoe Savants enough.

24. Susan May 15, 2014 at 19:31 #

Beautiful hair, lovely makeup, beautiful color.

25. Anushree May 15, 2014 at 19:31 #

it is overloaded!too glitzy,even the pumps.should have swapped for sandals and kept an updo

26. FER May 15, 2014 at 19:37 #

I adore this girl. I knew she would wear sparkle today after last night’s more sober approach, and she didn’t disappoint me, the pose would be great if only she had put her hands really inside the pockets like the model, but she had to showcase those rings, it was part of her job so let’s give her a pass for the awkward hands, hahaha, she looks great. I missed her california girl locks, gave me a flash back of Serena Vanderwoodsen.

Sooo damn chic and effortless, my only problem are those pumps, I wish she would have worn a nude strappy sandal.

• Ahot May 16, 2014 at 13:59 #

This x1000!
      Bedhead Blake is still inside, she is letting us know lol.

27. justme May 15, 2014 at 19:38 #

I like the dress but Blake’s styling is too L.A for Chanel. No offense to people from California lol;

28. Kelly May 15, 2014 at 19:59 #

The Gucci was much better on her. This Chanel is a lovely dress but not on her. It doesn’t look right, especially in the bust area. This dress would look better on someone with a small bust line.

The white pumps are also too heavy with this dress. I agree with the suggestion of some sandals.

29. amy May 15, 2014 at 20:06 #

it’s okay at best.and her hair looks a bit fried

30. Camille May 15, 2014 at 20:23 #

Lose the shawl, hair in some kind of romantic updo and even tho I adore those shoes, I do think something strappy might have worked better. Also, it is a tad long on her and looks like they snipped the fabric beneath her arms to make more room in the bust. Not as wowed as I was by the Gucci gown, but she’s still bringing more to the carpet than some.

• Denise May 16, 2014 at 07:16 #

“…still bringing more to the carpet than some”. Exactly! Than God she’s there or we would fall asleep.

31. sanette May 15, 2014 at 20:41 #

I’m not a fan of the contrast between her chest and her waist. I think it looks cartoonish. The length of the dress with the pumps is also not my favourite. I prefer her Gucci gown a lot more.

32. Noemi May 15, 2014 at 20:47 #

I would have taken off the shawl, lengthen the skirt, changed the shoes with a pair of sandals and opted for an updo.

• Valissa May 16, 2014 at 07:06 #

I agree. The dress itself is fine..the detail is amazing and it looks great on her.

But the styling is horrible! It’s unlike Blake to be so poorly styled, she usually gets it so right. It’s ruined the whole look for me and overall I don’t like it.

33. Maria May 15, 2014 at 20:47 #

Her fake Real Housewives boobs kill this for me. I think because of the boobs and her hair she can become a caricature and that’s what this looks like to me. I’d take the Gucci 1000x over this.

34. PnP May 15, 2014 at 21:00 #

Gorgeous!! Love to see her wearing Chanel again!

35. Carrie May 15, 2014 at 21:08 #

I find this very interesting and intriguing to look at. For that reason, I love it!

36. from-chitown May 15, 2014 at 21:20 #

Her hair doesnt match the dress. And frankly I don’t really like the dress in itself. I am so glad she opened with Gucci… it is going to be very hard to top that look for her.

37. EmmaWoodhouse May 15, 2014 at 21:26 #

Not liking it. Sheer tacky lampshade.

38. Jess May 15, 2014 at 22:10 #

absolutely horrific!

39. anjos May 15, 2014 at 22:14 #

She should have lost that shawl thing. Not a fan of the look either way though.

40. Joy May 15, 2014 at 23:15 #

FC, you’re killing me here! This is AMAZING!!! First, I love anything sparkly and then you’ve got Blake Lively who has a body and face that just makes everything ooze gorgeousness. Cate in the Valentino & now this Chanel have me stunned.

41. brat May 15, 2014 at 23:33 #

Not only a no, but a hell no. I loathe this dress, how does she go from yesterday’s perfection to this mess?

• CTgirl May 15, 2014 at 23:51 #

No. No. No. This is so tacky. She looks like a graduate of Tinker Bell’s School of Adult Massage.

42. LM May 16, 2014 at 05:16 #

No. Just… No. The world has been abuzz over Blake for the longest time, with her all-Californian looks, hair and tan, but the girl cannot do classy. Put Cate Blanchett in the same dress and you’ll get vastly different results. For me, Blake pulls of shorts and a tank top a lot better.

43. Jess2 May 16, 2014 at 13:29 #

A different hairstyle would have been better but I like the dress.

44. TeaAtTwo May 16, 2014 at 21:16 #

The shawl puts me off this look plus her hair isn’t elegant enough for this gown, an up-do would have been preferred. I think Diane Kruger would have been better suited to this gown.

45. Amy McDermott May 17, 2014 at 22:22 #

Blake is so beautiful and i’m happy to see she is finally getting out of the house and reminding everyone of what a talent she is.

The proportions of this dress are wrong. The hem length, although very in fashion right now, is awkward. This could have worked had it not had a slight flare to the hem and had the skirt been more tapered.

Otherwise, perfection.

46. Bailey October 8, 2014 at 23:40 #

Completely confused by this look..it may be couture but I get futuristic “space” vibe from it..which is not a compliment