Adele Exarchopoulos In Valentino Couture – Trophée Chopard

Adele Exarchopoulos In Valentino Couture - Trophée Chopard

Adele Exarchopoulos was the recipient of the annual Trophée Chopard, which was presented to her by Cate Blanchett during the Trophée Chopard event this evening (May 15) in Cannes, France.

The young French actress can add this to her trophy cabinet alongside the Palme d’Or award she won last year, and her Critics’ Choice ‘Best Young Actress’ Award.

Like Cate, Adele also wore Valentino, selecting a gold embroidered long-sleeve gown from the Spring 2014 Couture collection.

I don’t know if it’s the hair or the Chopard necklace, but as beautiful at the gown is, the actress looks much older than she did last night.

And is it strange that Cate’s ready-to-wear gown feels more Couture-like than this actual Couture gown?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Maggie Gyllenhaal In Chloé & Burberry Prorsum - First Annual Village Fete

Maggie Gyllenhaal In Chloé & Burberry Prorsum – First Annual Village Fete

Fan Bingbing In Zuhair Murad Couture - 'X-Men: Days of Future' Past Singapore Press Conference

Fan Bingbing In Zuhair Murad Couture – ‘X-Men: Days of Future’ Past Singapore Press Conference

19 Responses to Adele Exarchopoulos In Valentino Couture – Trophée Chopard

1. from-chitown May 15, 2014 at 21:29 #

The hair… oh no!! You do not wear a Valentino couture gown with beach hair. Just look to your left at the Queen and take tips on how it should be done.

2. Angela May 15, 2014 at 21:31 #

This is one of Adele’s best looks ever IMO – the hair may not be to everyone’s taste but it’s very ‘her’. I think it looks cool and kind of 70s

3. Christine May 15, 2014 at 21:40 #

I like how Bohemian chic she looks. I like it. She looks good

• admmgz May 15, 2014 at 21:56 #

• Alina May 16, 2014 at 08:02 #

4. Maria S. May 15, 2014 at 21:41 #

How very Blake Lively of her…

5. Nat39 May 15, 2014 at 21:42 #

The 2 Valentino gowns look kinda greyish-bland and similar next to each other, but what a difference Cate’s flawless, refined presentation makes. Adele’s hair/makeup and harsh dark nail polish totally undermine the delicate elegance of the gown, not to mention that the gown esp. teamed with the necklace does, in fact, seem too mature/aging for her. Cate is superior.

6. EmmaWoodhouse May 15, 2014 at 21:42 #

Aging, definitely, and too lowcut. Cate outshines her by a mile. Adele is clearly not comfortable in this.

7. Yeliz May 15, 2014 at 21:45 #

I kinda like this, she looks good but I also get a little aging vibe from the overall look. And yes I agree, Cate’s gown feels more Couture-like.

8. sophie May 15, 2014 at 21:47 #

Adele looks lovely but I don’t think she is a Valentino Girl. I was hoping Emma Thompson or Sally Field would wear this.

9. Charlotte May 15, 2014 at 21:54 #

The dress looks good on her. But I don’t like the necklace here and I wish for a hairstyle like the one on Cate Blanchett, plus a top of color on her lips would have been a great touch.

10. anjos May 15, 2014 at 22:00 #

They should have switched gowns. The young actress wears a very mature looking gown, while Cate wears the gown that looks much more youthful. No news there. This has been quite a problem with young vs. older actresses on the red carpet lately.

11. Marybeth May 15, 2014 at 22:00 #

I can forgive the highly unnecessary necklace since it’s a Chopard event and it isn’t TOO distracting.
    I can’t forgive the hair, though, because I think the sloppiness brings the look down.

It’s an okay look but could have been much nicer.

12. Sunny May 15, 2014 at 22:00 #

I think this is the best look i’ve seen from Adele. The necklace is maybe a little bit too much but I actually like her hair too.

13. dee May 15, 2014 at 23:07 #

I don’t like this gown on her .

14. Britta May 16, 2014 at 00:19 #

I have found a lot of pictures that shows how stunning the gown is. And the event was a very formal one – so she could never wear a sexy gown like the one yesterday. And I couldn’t be happier about her look. She’s so very gorgeous!

15. LM May 16, 2014 at 05:13 #

I will never understand how French actresses get glammed up in a proper gown however forsaking their hair and make up and still people deem it cool. It doesn’t ever do justice to these type of gowns. Take a cue from a more refined Marion Cottilard.

16. Denise May 16, 2014 at 06:53 #

Adele’s dress is much better that Kate’s imo. It is elegant and stunning. I like her here, hair and all. I think it is the best she ever looked for a formal event.

17. kane May 16, 2014 at 12:05 #

And we are back to uncomfortable Adèle. Shame. I don’t like the model’s hairstyle but she wears it much better.