Nicole Kidman In Altuzarra – ‘Grace of Monaco’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Nicole Kidman In Altuzarra - 'Grace of Monaco' Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Nicole Kidman opened Cannes Film Festival this afternoon (May 14) while attending the ‘Grace of Monaco’ photocall.

Head-to-toe white is the purest form of minimalism, and Nicole executes it in the most effortless way with this relaxed-fitting Altuzarra Fall 2014 crepe dress.

The details are both interesting and subtle, with slashed sleeves, and a pleat which opens up into a side slit adding a flourish and fluidity to this classic silhouette.

Paired with Elie Saab tonal chalk pumps, Nicole completed her very graceful look with silver jewels, her hair left loose around her shoulders and a pretty shade of pink applied to her lips.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Paz Vega In Zuhair Murad - 'Grace of Monaco' Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Paz Vega In Zuhair Murad – ‘Grace of Monaco’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

Emily Blunt In Emanuel Ungaro - The Ellen DeGeneres Show

Emily Blunt In Emanuel Ungaro – The Ellen DeGeneres Show

29 Responses to Nicole Kidman In Altuzarra – ‘Grace of Monaco’ Cannes Film Festival Photocall

1. DM May 14, 2014 at 12:50 #

Ah, this is a good start! Although I am not a huge fan of the hair.
    Thank you in advance FC and team for what is going to be a very fun 12 days for us readers. Your tireless efforts are much appreciated! xo :-)

2. Yeliz May 14, 2014 at 13:00 #

I like the dress and the shoes are gorgeous, but her hair should’ve been up on this occasion.

• Marybeth May 14, 2014 at 16:20 #

Agree. It’s a nice enough look but an updo would have raised it to a higher level.

3. Alex May 14, 2014 at 13:05 #

I am wondering if she did the botox injection once again. Her face looks so stiff.

• charlotte May 14, 2014 at 13:23 #

My thoughts exactly!

• kane May 14, 2014 at 15:02 #

I’m afraid I was wondering that too. This or she really doesn’t want to be there (with this film) or both actually.

Generally I’m not convinced by this look, although I actually like how the hair flows onto her shoulders.

• tom May 14, 2014 at 16:27 #

not sure if it’s botox or restylane or maybe both…her cheeks look weird.

• elena May 14, 2014 at 17:53 #

Agree with you..
      I like the look but something is wrong.. Don’t know if it is her hair or her stiff face!

4. tiger Nueng May 14, 2014 at 13:12 #

She always look great in white but I hope blood color for tonight ♡

5. Mandy May 14, 2014 at 13:13 #

Its a very nice photocall look, I can’t wait to see what she’ll wear to the premiere.

6. charlotte May 14, 2014 at 13:21 #

Here we go, my first Cannes comment this year.
    I Love both the design and the color on this dress, however,Nicole’s face stole the thunder on this occasion.
    I’m starting to agree with Alex above,her face dose look stiff due to the botox.
    maybe a smaller dose next time,Nicole.

7. Agi May 14, 2014 at 13:21 #

I just can’t get past her face… she is on the way to monsterdom… the clothes just seem irrelevant :(

• Gretta May 14, 2014 at 15:30 #

I couldn’t agree more. It took me three times to look at the photos and actually look at what she is wearing rather than her face. She was always so naturally beautiful and she’s ruined herself.

• Dhppy May 14, 2014 at 19:13 #

I never really agreed with the complaints about Kidman’s facial tamperings until now. I wouldn’t say that she’s ruined herself, but it seems like a good time for her to stop tinkering and just stick to night creams and exercise. (The dress does nothing for her either in fit or color).

• pipsqueak May 14, 2014 at 23:58 #

Same here. When I looked at the pictures, all I could think of was “cat lady.”

8. Noemi May 14, 2014 at 13:31 #

I like it, it’s photocall appropriate, she looks beautiful and classy.

9. Jones19 May 14, 2014 at 13:31 #

Her face is taking away attention from this lovely gown. Sad.

10. Lee Ann May 14, 2014 at 13:39 #

I like this look a lot especially the hair. she is definately doing the botox-it is obvious when she smiles but its the fillers that are causing the puffiness. She can do what she wants to her face although I wish she wouldn’t but please stop denying it. we are not stupid.

11. dee May 14, 2014 at 13:42 #

I like everything but her hairstyle.

• Alina May 14, 2014 at 15:04 #

12. Pedro May 14, 2014 at 14:07 #

Flawless dress but she is going to far with her face!

13. Christine May 14, 2014 at 14:08 #

This is ok

14. from-chitown May 14, 2014 at 14:43 #

I cannot get past her face. This look is ok – fit for a photo call, but her hair and her face are very distracting. I have high hopes for her after last year’s spectacular run, I hope she delivers.

15. Cooltweens May 14, 2014 at 14:52 #

She looks beautiful and classy. Nice dress for a photocall.

She wore a beautiful white dress to an interview yesterday. http://www.public.fr/Dossiers/Festival-de-Cannes-2014/Les-news-sur-le-Festival-de-Cannes-2014/Photos-Festival-de-Cannes-2014-Nicole-Kidman-entouree-d-une-equipe-de-choc-pour-ses-interviews-sur-la-Croisette-531705 FC- who made that dress?

16. Carmen May 14, 2014 at 15:27 #

I like her dress and shoes, but her face…and the hair….are a big NO.

17. Camille May 14, 2014 at 18:04 #

The dress is lovely, I don’t even mind the hair as it looks soft and not stiff. I really dislike her lip color. I think it is too harsh and throws the rest of her face off in an unflattering way. A softer pink would have been more flattering. And sadly, I too notice a distinct ‘difference’ in her face, probably botox and fillers. The film is getting ripped apart by critics which may be why she seems uncomfortable.

18. EmmaWoodhouse May 14, 2014 at 23:58 #

Her hair is a bit stiff, but the dress is amazing and she looks super elegant. Can wait for what will likely be a fab run!

19. lin May 15, 2014 at 08:09 #

She looks very elegant as usual, but her face looks weird.