Kendall Jenner In Chanel - ‘Grace of Monaco’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Kendall Jenner attended the opening ceremony and the ‘Grace of Monaco’ premiere during the 67th Annual Cannes Film Festival this evening (May 14) as a guest of Chopard.

Dazzling in their jewels, the model wore an edgy look from Chanel’s Resort 2014 collection.

Unlike Karlie Kloss, Kendall was able to look youthful, sexy and chic, taking her look up a notch with sleek styling courtesy of her metallic-silver clutch and Stuart Weitzman sandals.

A slicked-back ponytail is the only thing missing from this look for me.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 11 of Cannes Film Festival 2014?

Who Was Your Best Dressed On Day 11 of Cannes Film Festival 2014?

Sofia Coppola In Valentino - ‘Grace of Monaco’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Sofia Coppola In Valentino – ‘Grace of Monaco’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

54 Responses to Kendall Jenner In Chanel – ‘Grace of Monaco’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

1. Alina May 14, 2014 at 19:44 #

Don’t understand why she’s there, but she looks great.

• kane May 14, 2014 at 19:46 #

I find the dress okay, but yeah, my first thoughts weren’t sartorial concerns either.

• Christine May 14, 2014 at 20:06 #

Agreed.

• julyol1972 May 15, 2014 at 01:28 #

WTH??? Please don’t tell me the Kardashians have invaded Cannes? If they spoil this festival for me, so help me God…!

• JJ May 15, 2014 at 12:33 #

July, I was thinking the same thing. Now they’ve come to ruin Cannes. LOL

2. Krystal May 14, 2014 at 19:45 #

Again 2 old and ugly dress

3. Lola May 14, 2014 at 19:47 #

Wondering why she is there? The dress is very strange…talking about underwhelming.

4. Eliza May 14, 2014 at 19:47 #

Why is she attending this event amd getting coverage when she has no career or link to the event whatsoever

• Catherine Kallon May 14, 2014 at 19:55 #

she was invited by Chopard

• Fiona May 14, 2014 at 20:04 #

+1 I don’t understand her presence either. ( not a criticism of the blog btw just celeb culture as a whole)

5. dee May 14, 2014 at 19:47 #

Don’t like the dress.

6. Yeliz May 14, 2014 at 19:48 #

I think she looks very beautiful.

7. Prudence May 14, 2014 at 19:49 #

FC, can you explain her presence??
    The dress is far too edgy for her to pull off, leave it to the Zoe Saldana’s of the world.

8. Pedro May 14, 2014 at 19:52 #

Kendall looks gorgeous!

I don’t know why she’s there but i’m ok with it

9. Jennifer May 14, 2014 at 19:56 #

Do you guys not read the captions? It says she’s a “guest of Chopard”. She’s there to represent their brand. She also wore their jewelry to the Met Gala. I think Kendall looks pretty and sophisticated. I wish she put her hair up though.

• admmgz May 14, 2014 at 22:57 #

• Jones19 May 16, 2014 at 10:33 #

10. Nat39 May 14, 2014 at 19:56 #

The bib bodice is awful, kinda cheap-looking, and her hair is interfering with it, needed to be pulled back neatly. That said, she wears it much better than the runway model – the fit is better on her and her sandals are spot on.

11. from-chitown May 14, 2014 at 20:16 #

It is quite a difficult look to pull off, but Kendall is somehow managing to look sleek and sophisticated in it. She actually wears it better than the model on the runway.

• arwa May 14, 2014 at 21:33 #

Agree. And I’m loving every part in this look., including the hair. Very nice indeed.

• Mandy May 15, 2014 at 00:22 #

12. Camille May 14, 2014 at 20:24 #

I think she looks lovely. It’s modern and youthful and sleek. Her sisters could take a page from her book IMHO.

13. H May 14, 2014 at 20:28 #

She does look good, there is just something missing. And guys, a guest of Chopard, the jewel brand, and she is there to promote it. At least Kendall plays the red carpet part far better than Miss Karlie “I have access to tons of dresses but I always make sure to choose the worst one” Kloss.

14. Noemi May 14, 2014 at 20:32 #

The dress itself is ugly, in my opinion, and I don’t like the styling. She’s so young, why aging her this way?

15. pinksugar May 14, 2014 at 20:43 #

I would love to know what she has done to deserve her a spot on that carpet. Who’s next Kim? As for the dress, I agree with those who said it was too old for her.

• H May 15, 2014 at 15:53 #

Tons of models have walked this red carpet year after year and nobody ever wonders what they have done in order to be there but let me tell you she has been in tons of major shows this lasts season and designers lover her, not because being part of a really publicited family but because she makes all the looks work well, and she rocks on the red carpet.

16. amy May 14, 2014 at 20:51 #

she looks lovely. I think the dislike for all thing kardashian are stopping people from appreciating this look. the dress isn’t easy to pull off but she did. I like it, it’s different.

• Valissa May 14, 2014 at 21:11 #

I agree.
      I think she wears it well, I cringed when I saw her name too but I have to give credit where credit is due. It’s not an easy dress to wear but she pulls it off and looks rather chic.
      Now I shall go back to rolling my eyes at anything to do with THAT family haha

• sara May 14, 2014 at 23:26 #

I agree, I think apart from the kardashian association many people would not wonder why she is there and would agree that she looks great. Whether we like it or not, she is a beautiful, high-fashion model who was invited by a major brand, just like the other celebrities who are not in any of the movies. She pulls this look off well – I think it is edgy and youthful and she looks gorgeous.

17. steph May 14, 2014 at 21:11 #

ugh what a cheap looking dress! looks like a child’s art project.

18. Marybeth May 14, 2014 at 21:46 #

I don’t think the dress is worthy of a Cannes opening ceremony and it’s not the best choice for showcasing the Chopard jewels.
    That being said, overall she looks pretty and sharp.

19. justine May 14, 2014 at 22:26 #

What the hell is the fame whore doing there?

• CreoleLady May 14, 2014 at 22:56 #

She’s a “model” repping Chopard. And yes,those are my eyes rolling down the street. The main page of this blog has been blessedly Kardashian free. Featuring them in the “shop her closet” feature has been a nice compromise, at least until now.

• sara May 14, 2014 at 23:30 #

Trust me, in no way do I agree with anything the kardashians stand for but we will all have to get accustomed to Kendall Jenner- she has walked for major designers, carries clothes well and is very pretty. She is going to be a part of the fashion world for a while and we will all have to start discussing her fashion statements/choices instead of her unfortunate family association.

• CreoleLady May 15, 2014 at 01:35 #

I wasn’t aware of her oeuvre outside of her association with her clan. I’ll pry my mind open a bit. Thanks for the info.

20. Bec May 14, 2014 at 23:50 #

“Can you explain her presence?” Ummm she was obviously invited like every other guest, it’s not like she gatecrashed you idiots.

Do you guys realise how pathetic you all sound for bashing a teenager?

Yea, I get that you’re all on the Kardashian hating bandwagon (and I’m not a huge fan either) but I can’t understand why her presence is so offensive to some of you. Chill out people.

21. sophie May 14, 2014 at 23:59 #

My problem is that Chanel lent her a dress.CHANEL. The Chanel that dresses the worthy likes of Keira Knightley and Tilda Swinton…

• Lila May 15, 2014 at 00:44 #

Considering she walked in their fall show I don’t know why this is so surprising.

• Bec May 15, 2014 at 01:59 #

All of these comments are so embarrassing to read……this is a fashion website, surely you should know that she is a model??

Also, Tilda would never wear this dress, it is not her style at all.

• sophie May 15, 2014 at 02:56 #

I don’t see why Karl is dressing a Kardashian and hiring one when he has the top tier of models and actresses begging him to dress them. Kendell is VERY low in the model hierarchy. She may have Katie Grand on her side,but Karl should be hiring and dressing someone more worthy of the prestigious Chanel name. Part of me thinks she got the dress through someone other than Karl. I hope he wouldn’t stoop to this. Then again, Karl is a man who thinks the likes of mockstresses and socialites like Rachel Bilson, Camilla Belle and Kate Bosworth, Alexa Chung and Leigh Lezark are worthy of being Chanel Girls so… When I think of Chanel, I think Tilda Swinton, Keira Knightley, Kirsten Dunst etc. (not this piece in particular, but in terms of A-List).

• Maria May 15, 2014 at 20:36 #

+1 Couldn’t agree more. She may have been in some high profile shows but you can’t possibly believe it was not through contacts and her family name?! I just think its unfair to compare her and tje other socialites you mentioned alongside singers/ actresses with an actual job and even other models who have worked hard.

22. Lila May 15, 2014 at 00:43 #

I like this a lot. The dress is okay but she is wearing it very well. I wish her hair was pulled back so that her ear rings were more visible but everything from the styling to the way she is presenting it is much better than the runway model.

As far as I am concerned, she belongs there just as much as any other model regardless of her unfortunate family.

23. EmmaWoodhouse May 15, 2014 at 01:12 #

Guest of Chopard or no, I am annoyed to see her here. That aside, I’m not a fan of her look. The dress is awkward, kind of ugly and not glamourous. Her hair is getting in the way as well.

24. Argentinian Guy May 15, 2014 at 01:51 #

I can´t understand why some of you are so hard with the Kardashians. We have to recognize that after all this time, they still manage to be in the spotlight. Besides that, Kendall is a beautiful girl and professional model because she wouldn´t be there if it wasn´t truth. Let´s face it, all of us will love to be there wearing Chanel, but she is.

25. Zoe May 15, 2014 at 02:41 #

Why do you people insist on hating on Kendall Jenner? First of all, she is merely a teenager. She has never released a sex tape, has never been involved in a drug scandal, has never been to rehab. Second, she is in fact a celebrity. She stars on a massively popular TV show, just like many other celebrities. Just because it is a reality show that features her family doesn’t change the fact that television is business and she is very successful in it. She also has her own clothing line (not unlike Rihanna or Cara Delevingne) and has built a brand for herself at a very young age. Third, she is a high fashion model only beginning her career. Having walked for Marc Jacobs and Chanel for their fall Collections, you can expect to see Kendall as a presence in the fashion world from now on. She is beautiful and carries clothes well, so fashion labels want her to wear their clothes and acessories to events. There is no reason to question Kendall’s presence at Cannes: SHE WAS INVITED.

• Jazz May 15, 2014 at 15:32 #

+1 !!!

People are being ridiculous. Gorgeous girl who looks great in a Chanel dress at an event where she is a guest of a fashion world heavy weight..what exactly is there to complain about?

26. Effy May 15, 2014 at 03:17 #

I think this is a hard dress to pull off, but she carries it well. The styling is nice and I know she’s young, and after all this is Chanel; but this dress doesn’t scream OC for me, this is more like a photo call look in my eyes.

27. JOSH May 15, 2014 at 03:52 #

CHILL out people, I mean the ones that are acting in a tacky way are you guys focusing on the sensationalism and not the fashion. Those comments belong to TMZ not here.

In terms of fashion i think what makes this look acceptable are the earrings, is where my attention is drawn to. Without them it would look veeery underdressed. In total i think is very well put together, however its always a shame to see simple dresses in Cannes. I always expect i little more ummphh..

28. sharizal_samah May 15, 2014 at 07:13 #

she looks fresh and effortless

the classiest Kardashian imo

29. Tracy May 15, 2014 at 12:15 #

My favourite of the Kardashian-Jenner clan! Not sure why her presence is getting so much hate, but she looks amazing. I love this look. Classy yet youthful.

30. Dean May 15, 2014 at 14:25 #

I totally understand why people are complaining about her presence, but I must say it’s an improvement over the runway version. Not to the standard of Cannes, but she looks alright.

31. Karen May 15, 2014 at 23:12 #

As much as I am not a fan of the Kardashian, I have to give this one to Kendall, she looks absolutely amazing!

32. justine May 16, 2014 at 03:38 #

I think it’s offensive to everyone around to invite a freaking reality star to a Nicole Kidman opening, much less to Cannes! What is the world coming to? Chanel lent her a dress?! I think I’d rather kill myself.