Fan Bingbing In Zac Posen – ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ Beijing Premiere

Fan Bingbing In Zac Posen - 'X-Men Days of Future Past' Beijing Premiere

Fan Bingbing attended the ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ premiere at Indigo Shopping Mall today (May 13) in Beijing, China.

The actress wore a Zac Posen Fall 2014 black strapless gown with a pointy fitted bodice and a dramatic full skirt with a rise-and-fall hemline.

Some frown (myself included) at the actress’s dramatics on occasion, but this gown cuts a graceful architectural frame showcasing the designer’s flair for pleating, which she carries off with great aplomb.

Styled with moderate platform peep-toes, the look was complemented with Chopard jewels, a Louis Vuitton clutch, and a red velvet veiled fascinator enhancing her ’40s updo.

KIM_2727.450x675

Credit: Style.com & Getty

29 thoughts on “Fan Bingbing In Zac Posen – ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ Beijing Premiere

1. Rebecca Z

The dress and styling are cute except for those awful shoes. She looks like a little doll.

2. fromchi-town

I think this is a gorgeous look. Sculptural and interesting. She carries it off very well.

3. Yeliz

I think the hairstyle is a bit theatrical and again, her shoe choice is awful. But I absolutely love the gown, it’s fabulous.

1. Sophy

+2 , this is living the movie star life- wearing stuopendous gowns like this one- I love this!!!

1. Noemi

I quite agree with you, I don’t like the hairstyle and the shoes are tacky. Does anybody know how tall she is? Because I don’t understand why she keeps on wearing those platform. The dress is amazing and fits her perfectly.

1. skyewang

Fan is 168cm tall, not short for most Chinese women. But she said in an interview that she likes the feeling of being tall and kinda controlling everything. That is why people in China keep calling her “Fan Ye”(as strong as a man). Anyway, she is only an ordinary girl. Go easy on her~Thanks~I am a huge fan of her.

4. Anne

I’m a little devastated because I adored this gown when presented. I do not enjoy how she styled this look one bit – from the odd hair style to hair accessories all the way to the jewelry (is that a watch?) and clunky shoes, it’s a giant NO from me.

5. mg

I wish she kept only the clutch. Don’t mind the shoes or the hair style as they work well with the dress. She looks adorable though

6. Cookie

That hair tho. I can get on board her crazy train most times, but that hair was… Not right for this look.

7. dee

I like everything but the shoes, the watch and the clutch doesn’t work with the look for me. The hair and dress are cute on her.

8. Joy

Fan pretty please stop wearing these shoes, their seriously ruining my girl crush. Minus the shoes, this look is perfection. This dress is dramatic, duh so I’m not sure how it could be worn differently and not exude drama. I love it when she brings us something interesting.

9. Dhppy

The dramatic tips of the bodice are reminiscent of the Wolverine mask, so it’s a fitting dress for the occasion. I love the dramatic graduated hemline. I don’t normally like clunky heels, but I think they work here. It’s really only the hair style that seems out of place to me.

10. tuftufwang

I think she’s going for a doll-like look here. She’s very pretty so it sort of worked. Love the dress.

11. Thit

I think she should have gone with the stockings from the catwalk as well as the shoes.
    The dress is amazing!

12. Champ J

Everybody talking about what they hate about this look but will never even have the opportunity to wear anything remotely close to this ensemble. Keep in mind, asian style is totally different than American style. So her styling choices work best for her culture and the industry she’s popular in.

13. Valissa

Honestly, I think this is horrible from h2t. The dress is not to my taste and looks like a cheap costume gown. The shoes are tacky, and the hair and hair piece are ridiculous! This is a huge no from me

14. charlotte

LOVE everything from ankles up.
    That dress itself is already a piece of art, and seeing bingbing in this gorgeous Zac posen creation explained why they met up in Zac’s NYC studio last friday.
    If there is one thing I can count on bingbing, she never fails to bring drama to the red carpet.
    As for those horrendous chunky heels, For god’s sake, I even left some comments under her weibo and Instagram begging her to get rid of them.LOL

15. Dani

Unashamedly love all of this! Yeah, the shoes could be better but if you ARE going to wear those heels, this is the right dress for them.