08.05.14

Jennifer Lopez In ASOS – ‘American Idol Season 13′ Top 4 Live Performance Show

Jennifer Lopez In ASOS - 'American Idol Season 13' Top 4 Live Performance Show

Jennifer Lopez was backstage at FOX’s ‘American Idol Season 13′ Top 4 live performance show on Wednesday (May 7) in Hollywood, California.

Once again, this ASOS scallop lace skater dress will be considered too short, but as you know, I am a sucker for colour and any heels which are detailed and not of the plaing black, navy, white or nude variety, so this additional punch of colour via her rose-gold mirrored and fluorescent Sophia Webster ‘Phoebe’ sandals has me going weak at the knees.

The colour is vivid and vibrant so JLo went for softer makeup, sweeping her hair up into a topknot. Lana earrings and a selection of rings completed her look.

Are you as enamoured by this look as I am?

Jennifer Lopez In ASOS and Sophia Webster

ASOS Scallop Lace Patch Skater DressASOS US and ASOS UK
Sophia Webster Phoebe SandalsForward by Elyse Walker

Credit: FOX

Lily James In Valentino - Changing Faces Gala Dinner

Lily James In Valentino – Changing Faces Gala Dinner

Shailene Woodley In Osman - Despierta America

Shailene Woodley In Osman – Despierta America

24 Responses to Jennifer Lopez In ASOS – ‘American Idol Season 13′ Top 4 Live Performance Show

1. CreoleLady May 8, 2014 at 12:49 #

Those divine Websters, so fabulously fun and for which I can forgive much. To JLo’s credit, she atleast is not also showing boobs and cleavage, just legs.

2. Stel May 8, 2014 at 13:06 #

It bothers me, just a little bit though, tha the skirt is orange and the top is pink.. I would prefer one of the two pieces to be brighter and more vivid.. But I love it, excellent look and I want immdiately these shoes.. <3

3. Christine May 8, 2014 at 13:39 #

The shoes are not working with this look. Love her top bun

4. dee May 8, 2014 at 14:10 #

I think she looks pretty cute.

5. Yeliz May 8, 2014 at 14:44 #

Although I think that this look is a bit too twee for her, she still looks good. I love the summery vibe I get from this look.

6. pinksugar May 8, 2014 at 14:48 #

She just keeps topping herself. This is classic JLO at her best. The color, the hair, the shoes. All perfection.

• Alina May 9, 2014 at 16:06 #

Totally agree.

7. Maria May 8, 2014 at 15:05 #

I don’t think it’s too short at all. I love this look on her!

8. Sophy May 8, 2014 at 15:07 #

NO!- this is for a teenager.

• Gretta May 8, 2014 at 15:20 #

Im all for women defying their age with their wardrobe, but I have to agree. I think even Kiernan Shipka would find this look too sickly sweet.

• Jones19 May 9, 2014 at 13:04 #

I agree. It’s way to twee for her.

• Dhppy May 8, 2014 at 18:53 #

I wouldn’t even want to see a Fanning in this outfit. The face is otherworldly beautiful though.

• Tati M May 9, 2014 at 02:12 #

9. brat May 8, 2014 at 15:36 #

JLO is a routine offender when it comes to dressing inappropriately for her age but I find that I like this whole look and the styling as well. Hair and makeup are so effortless.

10. Suz May 8, 2014 at 15:40 #

The outfit is ok, but I think that her makeup looks beautiful here.

11. Marybeth May 8, 2014 at 19:21 #

If the top were not lace, I would LOVE this.
    Alas, the lacy top makes it too twee, especially for someone her age, and it doesn’t fit with the shoes.

I’ll give her a pass, though, because the colors are gorgeous, as is her make-up —and the shoes are fierce!

12. Nat39 May 8, 2014 at 21:05 #

Plain horrible. Clearly too young and sugary for her. It’s not always about the length – the style of the skirt is too ‘little girl’ for her, not to mention all that pink and hairstyle, just awful, doesn’t suit her maturity.

• J May 9, 2014 at 02:18 #

This kind of thinking bothers me. Women — whether 5 or 45 or what-not — are allowed to dress however they like. “Maturity” is a state of mind and is not an outfit to put on or off. I see this as a form of discrimination.

• Nat39 May 10, 2014 at 20:16 #

People can wear whatever they like, doesn’t bother me at all, there is no such a thing as ‘allowed or not allowed’, do as you please. JLo can wear her cheesy little pink skater dress if she wants to, but I’m not a fan of this look generally or on her -this isn’t chic or stylish, she looks silly. Once again, she can wear whatever she wants, I could care less personally, maturity or not, there is no discrimination here, we all are simply expressing our opinions of a look in the “tell us what you think” section. And we always discuss whether a look suits a person or not, see Sarah Paulson for ex. and many others. “The look is to twee for her” is a frequent critique, nothing bitter or discriminating, just an objective observation.

13. Jen May 9, 2014 at 02:08 #

Jennifer Lopez is SO beautiful, but there is so much “try hard” about this outfit that it comes off as desperately trying to look younger. And Jennifer Lopez does NOT need to do that.

14. jjane May 9, 2014 at 02:14 #

I can see a teen with this not a mature woman

• ayatlaw May 9, 2014 at 19:17 #

I am all for women wearing what they want no matter the age but this looks like something a 14 year old girl would wear. It is cutesy more than stylish. I expect stylish from Jennifer.

15. J May 9, 2014 at 02:14 #

She looks about 18. What a beautiful woman!

16. cherrysoftness May 9, 2014 at 02:38 #

I love this look, I love it when she plays the beauty card. I don’t really see the clothes by themselves, everything just lines up to me as, “bring out the glow, light up the beautiful face”.