08.05.14

Christian Dior Cruise 2015 Front Row

Dior Cruise 2015 Front Row

The Christian Dior Cruise 2015 show took place on Wednesday (May 7) in Brooklyn, New York City.

The front row was packed with Dior devotees, with Jennifer Lawrence notably absent as she is currently filming ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay’ in Paris, France.

Rihanna: Despite the tattoos and our knowledge of the Bajan star telling us otherwise, Rihanna looked really sweet wearing a dainty Dior pale-pink quilted silk dress with a ruffled hemline. The look was styled with Dior tri-colour pumps with an asymmetrical strap, and a metallic top-handle ‘Lady Dior’ bag from the Spring 2014 collection, plus a ‘Diorific’ necklace and bracelet and ‘Mise en Dior’ earrings.

Marion Cotillard: Just when I thought the French actress had turned a corner, she’s back to selecting tent dresses. It’s a shimmering Dior off white silk Fall 2014 dress with an embroidered off white knitted t-shirt, but oversized and unflattering nonetheless. It screams maternity. Her Dior choices continue to baffle me.

Margot Robbie: The actress is not having a good week. First the Met Gala and now this. Possibly the excessive tan is at fault here, as it’s clashing with her Dior gold lamé Pre-Fall 2014 skirt which was paired with a Dior green wool crepe top. She styled her look with a Dior black clutch and pumps, plus one of those ‘Diorganic’ necklaces featuring a waterfall of green crystals and resin beads that entwine around the neck like leaves which hails from the Spring 2014 collection.

Dior Cruise 2015 Front Row 2

Maggie Gyllenhaal: I look at this Dior white silk crepe dress and think, it’s too short. The look was styled with a beige Dior clutch and Dior shoe plus a selection of Dior Fine Jewelry including ‘My Dior’ yellow gold and diamonds bracelet and the ‘Bois de Rose’ gold bracelet.

Allison Williams: The ‘Girls’ actress went supersized, wearing a tuxedo-inspired Dior midnight blue silk jumpsuit with extreme wide legs. She also wore Dior light pink cashmere coat which does nothing to narrow the proportions of her look.

Leelee Sobieski: The stylish actress showed off her baby bump wearing a cobalt-blue Dior double face cashmere buttoned top and blue double faced cashmere long dress. Methinks she will be wearing Marion’s dress for her next red carpet appearance.

Dior Cruise 2015 Front Row 3

Ruth Wilson: I have one word for Ruth’s Dior white silk embroidered top and navy wool pants look: disappointing. I’m not sure what could’ve saved this. I know Ruth does daring, but I didn’t know she did blah.

Adele Exarchopoulos: The French actress wore a metallic Dior black and grey knitted top with a black silk skirt for her risqué secretary-chic look. Dior pumps and a Dior ‘Tee Shirt’ earring plus a braided updo completed her look.

Nicola Peltz: When it comes to Nicole’s chic Dior tuxedo mini dress, it’s all in the details. I love its waist-nipping capabilities. I just wish she’d worn a pair of heels similar to Rihanna’s to perfect this look. The rest of her accessories included a Dior Fine Jewelry ‘Bagatelle’ white gold and diamonds ring and ‘Bois de Rose’ white gold and diamonds bracelet.

Dior Cruise 2015 Front Row 4

Laetitia Casta: Wearing a lace top and leather pencil skirt combo, her look is pepped up with a coral Dior coat with white lace detailing from the Fall 2014 collection and Christian Louboutin tri-colour snakeskin heels.

Helena Christensen: Keeping it sexy and chic in a black suit and sheer top, the model added a lemon and black Dior clutch to her sultry look.

Credit: Getty

Lily Allen In Chanel - Chiltern Firehouse

Lily Allen In Chanel – Chiltern Firehouse

Nikki Reed's Lela Rose A-Line Lace Tulle Combo Dress And Jimmy Choo 'Anouk' Pumps

Nikki Reed’s Lela Rose A-Line Lace Tulle Combo Dress And Jimmy Choo ‘Anouk’ Pumps

33 Responses to Christian Dior Cruise 2015 Front Row

1. Bec May 8, 2014 at 11:50 #

I actually don’t mind Margot’s look!

Love Alison, LeeLee, Adele and Nicola!

2. Lee Ann May 8, 2014 at 11:56 #

I wear mostly Dior and am sad to say most of the celebs here look terrible. Lee Lee is the only one who can wear this brand.

3. Christine May 8, 2014 at 12:06 #

Majority of these looks are so unflattering.

Laetitia is the only one I favor due mainly to the shoes and coat

4. Arianne May 8, 2014 at 12:20 #

Complete snore-fest

• Lashae May 8, 2014 at 12:46 #

5. liz May 8, 2014 at 12:24 #

God. How long is Raf Simons’s contract?

• arwa May 8, 2014 at 14:15 #

I don’t think his creations are bad. I think they are difficult to wear. They need someone like Leelee to pull off. Someone with very high sense of fashion. Not just a beautiful lady. And they are selling very will. So, I don’t think we will see an end for his span with Dior any time soon.

• dedel May 8, 2014 at 15:35 #

I have no idea :( “Bring back John Galliano!!”

• dee May 9, 2014 at 13:06 #

That is what I say. I haven’t liked DIor ever since he left.

6. inge peter May 8, 2014 at 12:34 #

i agree, dior clothes look terrible on marion cotillard, does nobody stop her to wear these clothes?

7. Anna May 8, 2014 at 13:10 #

I think Rihanna looks adorable.

8. Jennifer May 8, 2014 at 13:15 #

Margot has no concept of her body shape. She has a great body but its square and she continues to wear things that don’t give her a waist so she ends up looking wide. Classic example is this and her Oscars look. Her original Armani Prive look that she wowed us all with was the perfect silhouette for her. And the sooner the brown hair can go the better. Sorry to he harsh :-(

• Jones19 May 9, 2014 at 13:25 #

Completely agree. I think her stylist is at fault here too, stylists have to think about what suits their clients body types!

9. amy May 8, 2014 at 13:18 #

Rihanna looks cute, she does need to sort out her hair.
    Margot doesn’t look bad.
    Laetitia’s shoes save her look

10. dee May 8, 2014 at 13:56 #

I only like Laetitia’s look.

11. Yeliz May 8, 2014 at 14:40 #

Laetitia looks the best, but I also kinda like Rihanna’s cute look.

12. Kathy May 8, 2014 at 15:00 #

I actually like Margot’s look. Rihanna’s outfit is adorable, though extremely out-of-character. Marion looks like she walked out of the hosital in a paper gown. Nicola’s dress is the most flattering, but also the most predictable.

• Gretta May 8, 2014 at 15:31 #

Im getting such a bad 80s vibe from Rihanna last couple of outings. It must be the hair…

13. Mindi May 8, 2014 at 15:00 #

While I really don’t love Marion’s or Ruth’s outfits, they at least look polished and put together, which is a lot more than can be said for Rhianna (and I really love that Marion went with a yellow manicure and orange lipstick with the bright colors of the dress). But there isn’t one look here that I actually like.

14. pinksugar May 8, 2014 at 15:08 #

This is a perfect of example of why I hate Rihanna’s ‘bolder’ tattoos. She looks so pretty and ladylike and then BAM! you zero in on her hands. Such a beautiful girl to have already inked up her body so much. Those things are an easy outfit killer for me.

• CreoleLady May 8, 2014 at 22:47 #

Omg, so in agreement about her ink. Why so much?Otherwise, I love her look here.

• Georgia May 8, 2014 at 23:05 #

I actually think she’s the only celeb who manages to carry off every style with her tattoos. Often I think they just look grimy, but not hers–don’t know why. Maybe because her skin is always so radiant? Love her. She can do no wrong in my eyes.

15. Suz May 8, 2014 at 15:38 #

None of these are fantastic looks, but seriously, who’s styling Maggie Gyllenhaal lately??

16. shap_half May 8, 2014 at 16:37 #

Leelee Sobieski looks great here! That’s a gorgeous color on her. The rest aren’t really worth a mention.

17. JC May 8, 2014 at 16:44 #

I really like Marion’s sheer gown, the length is perfect, the outfit with her make-up and hair makes her look a lot younger

18. Schuy May 8, 2014 at 18:25 #

Love Leelee and Laetitia looks

19. Glenda May 8, 2014 at 19:32 #

Another homerun for Adele. She’s been glamming it up big time lately and I love it!

20. Lee Ann May 8, 2014 at 19:41 #

Also Margot is wearing the necklace wrong . It is supposed to be asymmetrical

21. Milla B. May 8, 2014 at 20:45 #

I like Allison Williams and Laetitia Casta here, and I love Leelee Sobieski’s look. She is perfect for Dior. She know how to wear their pieces and how to style them. Marion is not bad, but when she tries to be more risky, it usually results in a mess.

22. Steph May 8, 2014 at 22:34 #

I continually bypass anything in the press about Dior as their clothes consistently don’t sell their brand to me, why? As they continue to dress celebrities in outfits that do not suit their shape, or style I am left baffled wondering if they do actually know how to dress different women. This presentation is an example.

23. Markness May 9, 2014 at 02:57 #

I find this too boring. Raf has other amazing pieces. I know Raf tends to create basic pieces but he has created masterpieces as well. They may not be flattering but they’re gorgeous.

Meanwhile, if Marion’s dress was shorter or had peplum at the hemline, it would’ve been gorgeous.

24. Lila May 9, 2014 at 06:02 #

I love how different these looks and the women wearing them are. Leelee is far and away my favorite. She wears clothes beautifully and I love the way that gorgeous fabric hangs. Allison’s look is solid too. I wish she would go more in this direction instead of all the Oscar de la Renta. From the other direction, Rihanna and Adele both look beautiful as well. Rihanna’s look is all in the styling for me and Adele’s body looks amazing.

25. anjos May 9, 2014 at 14:45 #

Like Kate Upton, Margot Roggie seems to have a problem figuring out what silhouettes work best for her figure.