Rihanna In Stella McCartney – 2014 Met Gala

Rihanna In Stella McCartney - 2014 Met Gala

Rihanna was a vision in white at the 2014 Met Gala, held at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City on Monday (May 5).

The Barbadian beauty turned the angelic colour on its head in this custom Stella McCartney skin-is-in creation.

The pointedly revealing, backless cropped top with bold shoulders was the strong-edged and sexy counterpart to the more gracious glam of the exquisitely draped long skirt and train.

She iced the look with a frosty pink lip and a diamond choker necklace, then extended the sparkle to hair jewels that barely contained her wild, slightly frizzed locks that were piled atop her head.

White-haute?

Credit: Getty

25 thoughts on “Rihanna In Stella McCartney – 2014 Met Gala

1. Raf

i would love to see her in those Dior Couture, Oscar de la Renta big puffy, colorful, really haute couture ball gowns again!

2. effieee

I don’t actually approve of crop tops at galas, but this is probably the most successful attempt at the event, especially when compared to Cara Delevingne and Gabrielle Union.

Rihanna is rocking the hell out of this.

3. Prudence

CATHERINE IS THAT YOU???? I CANNOT SEE YOU LIKING THIS, WHO IS POSTING??
    This is easily one of the worst of the night imo.

4. pinksugar

I wish she didn’t feel the need to vulgar up every look because this could have easily been one of her best. But the pointy nipples and stomach ink cheapen it for me.

5. Dhppy

I think she had one of the best looks of the night, and I can’t believe I’m saying that about Rihanna… or McCartney.

6. Valissa

Something must be wrong with me because I actually love this! Lol
    I don’t know why…it’s just fierce and memorable and only someone like Rihanna can wear it and rock the hell out of it!
    At least she didn’t play it safe!!

7. Christine

I actually love this look too. Nowhere near the theme lol but she is making this work

8. Kimma

She looks smoking hot. Love the choice to wear the necklace with this look. If only she had a more polished choice for her hair this could have been perfect.

9. Sammy C

I dont think this is very Met, although I probably would’ve liked it if it hadn’t been for the truly awful hair and make up.

Even if these two had been perfect though, Ri-Ri is the one person (other tan SJP and very few others), that could wear almost anything, completely owning it.

This though… Surprising.

10. Parvati

I actually like this. She might not be the best dressed of the night, but still, she looks really good!

11. MQ

I feel like I’m in the 90′s early 00′s when I look at this. Absolutely hate the look!

12. Pratyush

Rihanna is looking good. The detail on the skirt nods to the works of Charles James but the rest is all 100% Rih. A win for me.

13. Valeria

Even she is Rihanna and edgy is her thing, pointy nipples and frosty pink lipstick take to to trashy trashy place. It would be so much better as a backless dress, because the skirt is exquisite and she has the body for tight fitting white dress!