06.05.14

Models @ The 2014 Met Gala

Models @ The Met 1

It’s the time you’ve all been waiting for, Model @ The Met, where we take a look at all the leggy beauties who took to the red carpet for the 2014 Met Gala in New York City on Monday (May 5).

Liu Wen: There is only one thing 100% guaranteed on Met Gala night: a Zac Posen gown will shut down the red carpet. Liu Wen worked this green strapless ballgown to perfection. Styled with David Yurman jewels and a black clutch, the next few words won’t come as a surprise: best-dressed nominee.

Georgia May Jagger: The British model wore a custom Mugler black and white lined slinky gown with a plunging neckline and satin trim styled with Sergio Rossi asymmetrical
‘Dali’ pumps. This gown is a first for the fashion house’s new creative director David Koma.

"Charles James: Beyond Fashion" Costume Institute Gala

Kendall Jenner: Topshop continue to outdo themselves every year at this high-fashion event. The new kid on the block wore a stunning blush duchess-satin strapless hourglass Topshop gown with body-contour seaming and dramatic volume at the hem, which she claimed on Twitter that she could sit in.

Chanel Iman: I love how sexy this smoky-grey double-silk-satin backless gown with pleat detail is, which she glammed up with marcel waves and an oval-shaped clutch.

Jourdan Dunn: The model and face of the British retailer wore a vibrant yellow silk-gabardine gown with split front detail and voluminous shaping at the hem.

Toni Garrn: I couldn’t help but be swept away by Toni’s pale-blue Topshop gown featuring fold details, but I also couldn’t help but feel a strong Zac Posen vibe from this look.

Models @ The Met 2

Joan Smalls: Taking the bold lip to a whole new level, the supermodel took to the red carpet working a striking purple-hued pout while donning a custom Vera Wang nude strapless silk-tulle gown featuring a sheer skirt accented by a centre-front skirt slit. Dana Rebecca Designs earrings, EFFY bangles, an Anita Ko ear cuff and a Gaydamak hand piece completed her look.

Arizona Muse: The model wore a dramatic raspberry-red silk strapless ballgown with a soft roll collar and bow belt from the Ralph & Russo Spring 2014 Couture collection, making her quite the belle of the ball. Styled with De Beers jewels and a Smythson clutch, she was easily one of the best on the night.

Models @ The Met 6

Gisele Bundchen: The model we all look out for on Met Gala night didn’t disappoint in her Balenciaga custom black silk and velvet guipure-lace gown styled with a ‘Maillon’ minaudière and emerald drop earrings.

Lily Donaldson: The British model wore a Burberry white double silk wrapped gown with black velvet bow.

Naomi Campbell: Dressed in a baby-pink Givenchy Couture custom gown, this pleated gown covered in crystal and sequin embellishments, which was worn with a matching ostrich feather stole, sees the British beauty looking the most serene I have seen her. Usually going for a strong, edgy look, it’s refreshing to see her softer side.

Models @ The Met 5

Dree Hemingway: The model wore a Proenza Schouler Spring 2014 tan long-sleeved dress featuring a deep plunge and painted white stripes. White Rupert Sanderson ‘Elba’ pumps, Harry Winston jewels and a gold clutch completed her look. I’m loving the glamorous curls and red lip combo.

Chrissy Teigen: The always impeccable Chrissy stunned wearing a Ralph Lauren one-of-a-kind Swarovski-embellished halter gown with grey organza ruffles. Styled with a complementary Jimmy Choo clutch and Lorraine Schwartz jewels, she was one of my favourites on the night.

Cara Delevingne: One of the few to forgo a gown for a trousered look, the model was part of the Stella McCartney gang. Donning a black and white two-piece look with sexy cut-outs amping up the sex appeal, she styled the look with McCartney pumps, a blue plexi clutch and Cartier jewels.

Models @ The Met 4

Fei Fei Sun: The model was radiant in her Tory Burch emerald-green satin gown featuring a trompe l’oeil sweetheart bustier seam, which she styled with a Tory Burch ‘Elaine’ clutch, David Webb jewels, and white opera gloves working in perfect harmony with her marcel waves, bold red lip and cat eyes.

Lily Aldridge: Wearing such a stunning Michael Kors silver lame draped strapless gown, she kept the look simple with a silver link chain choker.

Models @ The Met 3

Adriana Lima: Attending with the House of Givenchy, theVictoria’s Secret model wore a brown embroidered gown with a leather bodice and Day’s jewels. Brown is not a colour favoured on the red carpet, but I have to say I am stunned by this look. It’s edgy and sexy and minimally styled to focus on the dress.

Karlie Kloss: Working a very chic uptown look, the model wore an Oscar de la Renta Fall 2014 gold lamé cloqué gown with lacquered feather embroidery, styled with a string of pearls and leather opera gloves. The one event where this look works on the red carpet. I’m sure Dita von Teese would disagree.

Credit: Getty

Lake Bell  In Tommy Hilfiger -  2014 Met Gala

Lake Bell In Tommy Hilfiger – 2014 Met Gala

Jamie Chung's Elizabeth and James Perforated 'Cynnie' Sling Bag

Jamie Chung’s Elizabeth and James Perforated ‘Cynnie’ Sling Bag

40 Responses to Models @ The 2014 Met Gala

1. Kate May 6, 2014 at 15:46 #

I’m loving Liu Wen, Arizona Muse, Lily Aldridge, and Karlie’s looks. They’re gorgeous.

2. Natalie May 6, 2014 at 15:48 #

I hope to see Liu wen in the BDOTW or Best Dressed at the Met Gala poll because that look totally took my breath away. it was the only look that really impressed me. Charlize Theron, Janelle Monae were other favorites, but Liu Wen was serving up total Charles James inspiration.

3. Silvia May 6, 2014 at 15:49 #

Liu Wen, Fei Fei and Georgia May are my favorites! Love them!

4. Serafina May 6, 2014 at 15:50 #

LBR, the models won the night

Liu, Karlie, Arizona, Karolina – perfection.

they understood the theme better than everyone else

5. Alina May 6, 2014 at 15:51 #

Liu Wen, Arizona Muse, Fei Fei Sun.

6. Yeliz May 6, 2014 at 15:52 #

I love Toni Garrn, Arizona Muse and Liu Wen’s looks the most. They all look spectacular. My top favourite is Arizona Muse though.

7. Anna May 6, 2014 at 15:58 #

I think Georgia May Jagger is perfection in this, her dress is sexy but classy.

8. Marcel May 6, 2014 at 15:59 #

Li Wen and Lily Aldridge both look spectacular and totally in accordance with the theme.
    Adriana’s make up and hair are horrid. She looked like a transvestite, sorry to say.
    Cara will always be a NO to me, even if she comes covered with 24 carat gold leaves,much like that Kate Upwhatever.

9. Moxie May 6, 2014 at 16:02 #

Love, love, love Arizona Muse’s gown. One of my top 3 of the night.

10. Christine May 6, 2014 at 16:02 #

Karlie, Liu and Arizona stad out to me and look the best from the bunch! Gorgeous and BDOTW worthy!!

11. justme May 6, 2014 at 16:06 #

I L.O.V.E Arizona Muse’s dress.
    Liu Wen should have opted for a silver clutch. It remains a pretty look though.
    I like Georgia May Jagger’s dress but her styling is so dull that she ends up missing the drama of the theme.
    Oh boy @ those Topshop gowns. I somewhat like Toni’s but they are all cheap looking.

12. Marybeth May 6, 2014 at 16:13 #

Arizona, Liu, and Toni are all wonderful and perfectly dressed for the theme. I would have a very hard time choosing between Arizona and Liu for my favorite.
    I also love Lily Aldridge’s look.

13. Syl May 6, 2014 at 16:27 #

Liu Wen and Arizona Muse looked amazing ! I can’t say the same for te Topshop girls, i found the gownd very cheap looking..

14. brat May 6, 2014 at 16:28 #

Gisele, Lily Aldridge and Joan Smalls look impeccable. Wtf did Naomi do to her face? I hardly recognized her. Injectables gone bad? The topshop dresses look cheap. Accept for Chanel, she looks amazing. Liu doesn’t come anywhere near my best dressed list. Adriana looks awful. I think her skirt looks like a bouncy house.

15. brat May 6, 2014 at 16:45 #

And I mean Liu’s skirt.

16. Lurker May 6, 2014 at 16:48 #

The models should each get their own posts just like the other celebs do IMO.

It’s bizarre that the ones who consistently dress the worst (celebs) get the spotlight on fashion blogs, while the ones who consistently dress the best (models) either get lumped together in these tiny posts or don’t get covered at all.

And Arizona Muse looks the best.

17. François Bresmal May 6, 2014 at 16:50 #

Okay this is very theme-appropriate but Zac Posen dresses are theatrical in the worst possible way imo… I always find them unflattering, the volumes are ridiculous, the fabric always look cheap and come on, all those creases on the gowns?

18. amy May 6, 2014 at 16:52 #

Arizona muse is one of the best dressed for sure.
    fei fei’s dress is lovely, the color works well against her skin.

19. Joy May 6, 2014 at 16:58 #

I don’t know how many more times I can use the word stunning, but the model’s really shined! This theme was right up Zac Posen’s alley. His creation Lui Wen wore was absolute AMAZING! At first I thought this was a very depressing night, but I managed to have a fair few favorites and this gown is at the top of my list.

20. Jess May 6, 2014 at 17:31 #

Lui and Fei Fei are stunning!

21. Milla B. May 6, 2014 at 17:37 #

With few exceptions the models really nailed it this year. Liu Wen, Arizona Muse, Fei Fei Sun and Karlie Kloss are my favourites.

• tuftufwang May 6, 2014 at 18:31 #

My picks as well! And how tiny is Arizona’s waist?? It’s unreal!! And yes, the Zac Posen gown worn by Liu Wen and the Marchesa piece of art worn by Kourkova just about stopped traffic at the red carpet I think.

22. Nat39 May 6, 2014 at 17:45 #

Arizona Muse in the gorgeous red Ralph and Russo gown is my fave.
    Topshop did well, both Toni and Kendall looking very nice.

23. dil May 6, 2014 at 18:26 #

ARIZONA MULES! oh my god ! stunning! bdotw

24. Pedro May 6, 2014 at 18:35 #

Arizona, Gisele, Kendall and Liu looking AMAZING!

25. arwa May 6, 2014 at 18:41 #

Georgia May, Liu & Arizona are my favorite. As you said, when I first saw a picture of Toni, I thought she’s in Zac Peson dress. Naomi looks very beautiful and elegant though.

26. Leeann May 6, 2014 at 18:44 #

Did Dree H get a different invitation ? Her look was lovely butnot for this grand occassion

27. sara May 6, 2014 at 18:55 #

Arizona looks stunning. I love the silhouette and the color. Liu is a very close second. LOVE both of these gowns. I’m not loving the Topshop gowns, but they arent too bad. I think maybe the creases throw me off to thinking they look cheap?

Sidenote, FC- I know you dont cover her on here, but what did you think of Kim K in Lanvin? I thought it was a GREAT improvement over last year!

• sara May 6, 2014 at 20:34 #

Oh- and also, what did you think of Monica Belucci?

• simone May 6, 2014 at 22:15 #

Kim looked good this year.

I annoys me that she was only featured on this site when she looked terrible last year and not any time she looks decent.

28. Cássia May 6, 2014 at 19:16 #

Liu Wen, Arizona and Gisele are the best for me! These Topshop dresses are available online??

29. Parvati May 6, 2014 at 22:52 #

Liu Wen, Chanel Iman, Arizona Muse, Giselle and Lily Donaldson are the best dressed for me.

30. ModelsElite May 7, 2014 at 00:40 #

PRAISES!!! Thank you for posting THE REAL WINNERS !! With the exception of a few (and when I say FEW I mean 3 )!!! All the models FOLLOWED THE DRESS CODE ! The Met Gala is not about selling sex or trying to earn credits I the Fashion World … Keep your legs and boobs under gowns — There is and always will be an ARTISTIC theme for every Gala …. Unless you just want to pay the door fee and be “seen” .. Follow the MOMA stair rules .. Arizona , Liu, Chanel, Fei Fei , Lily , Karlie , and Karolina !!! congrats!!! Honorably mention Actresses Emmy , Taylor Swift , Maggie Q, Sjp

31. Prudence May 7, 2014 at 01:15 #

The models deserve individual postings, they killed it this year. 98% of Hollywood looked a mess and out of theme.

32. Lea Eve May 7, 2014 at 01:21 #

Why didn’t you write about Rosie Huntington Whitely? She wore Balmain yesterday.

33. EmmaWoodhouse May 7, 2014 at 19:06 #

FINALLY. Some beautiful looks! Liu, Arizona, Fei Fei, and Karlie were BDOTY-worthy for me!

34. E May 12, 2014 at 14:33 #

Hi FC! I might have missed your post on her if there is no mention in this one, but what did you think of Karen Elson? Or maybe you don’t cover her on your site for some reason? She was the best dressed of the whole gala and so on point re the theme. BDOT*Y imo!

• Catherine Kallon May 12, 2014 at 15:28 #

yes I do cover her, but on this occasion with over 120 people featured from that event I missed her. It happens

35. Bailey October 21, 2014 at 16:54 #