Kristen Stewart In Chanel Couture – 2014 Met Gala

Kristen Stewart In Chanel Couture - 2014 Met Gala

Kristen Stewart attended the 2014 Met Gala in New York City on Monday (May 5).

The face of Chanel’s Pre-Fall 2014 campaign donned an edgy Spring 2014 Couture look which brought out a gorgeous smile from the actress.

Kristen’s black and gold sequin, tulle and feather embroidered dress which was styled with Chanel Fine jewels and black Louboutin pumps turned out, with all due respect, better than I expected.

You see, I was worried about the bright orange hair, but it doesn’t play a factor. If anything it enhances it.

Do you agree?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Katie Holmes In Marchesa - 2014 Met Gala

Katie Holmes In Marchesa – 2014 Met Gala

Michelle Williams In Louis Vuitton - 2014 Met Gala

Michelle Williams In Louis Vuitton – 2014 Met Gala

32 Responses to Kristen Stewart In Chanel Couture – 2014 Met Gala

1. Gayle May 6, 2014 at 01:58 #

This in look that suits the person wearing it and while not my favorite at least she is showing some personality.

• EmmaWoodhouse May 6, 2014 at 13:23 #

I agree. It’s not a hot mess, but I don’t love the dress at all…however, she looks happy and confident wearing it which goes a long way.

2. Christine May 6, 2014 at 01:59 #

Nice to see a smile but this is not working.

3. dee May 6, 2014 at 02:02 #

Doesn’t fit the theme and I don’t hate it. The shoes are boring but I kinda like the dress.

4. molly May 6, 2014 at 02:03 #

I agree about it being better than expected, but it truly is ruined by her horrendous posture. The picture you chose isn’t bad, but the rest are pretty awful with her slouching there. If she struck a killer pose, I would be all over this but the awkward girl thing doesn’t suit this look whatsoever.
    As far as styling goes, the only thing I would change are the shoes and maybe add a clutch but other than that, she looks great.

• Kia May 8, 2014 at 03:14 #

I don’t think she has bad posture. She’s not posing, but it’s not as if she’s slouching. She’s just standing – and I think she showcases the outfit pretty well.

5. Joy May 6, 2014 at 02:10 #

Maybe I’m just so underwhelmed by everyone else, but this is lovely. The skirt is definitely different, not sure it’s my favorite. I love feathers, so I was an easy sell. This is an all around beautiful look & Kristen wears it beautiful, orange hair and all. Hey, Orange is the complimentary color of the moment so what better accessory!

6. Mandy May 6, 2014 at 02:10 #

Its a shame that she didnt choose a more interesting pair of shoes because i really like this dress. I think it suits her a lot.

7. CTgirl May 6, 2014 at 02:14 #

The kind of dress with a sheer layer from upper thigh to ankle isn’t the best on her untoned knock-knees as she displayed a couple of years ago in yet another Chanel. Also, the dress is off theme. Kristen just never quite gets it together.

8. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) May 6, 2014 at 02:21 #

Nothing about this works for me. My miss list is 4 times longer than my hits at this point.

9. Nat39 May 6, 2014 at 02:23 #

Kinda drab and she doesn’t carry it well.

• Alina May 6, 2014 at 13:21 #

Agree.

10. Drea May 6, 2014 at 02:54 #

I love it! Her hair is amazing – that color! Kristen is never boring and she always does edgy rather than conform, yet it is still classy and chic.

Jeez there are some harsh comments on a lot of these posts.

11. david May 6, 2014 at 03:50 #

The dress, hair and makeup is perfection! Kristen is stunning and she looks happy. She never goes for the boring and traditional red carpet look, and I am really glad that Chanel perfectly understood this. Karl is a genius, like always, and understands what works for her muse. BRAVO!

12. Hannah May 6, 2014 at 03:52 #

Her face and hair look nice (those roots though!) but I don’t think she manages to pull this dress off. I don’t get why she instists on pursuing fashion when it’s obviously so not her thing. Every time she’s on a red carpet her body language screams “Get me out of here”

• Kia May 8, 2014 at 03:12 #

Not being comfortable on the red carpet with hundreds of photographers screaming at you doesn’t necessarily mean you don’t enjoy fashion.

13. Gigi May 6, 2014 at 04:35 #

I must admit that Kristen looks amazing in this Chanel ensemble. The funny thing is that I didn’t even love this Chanel couture collection but she is really working this look. The make-up and hair are also fantastic. She did great this year.

• Kate May 6, 2014 at 04:37 #

I totally agree with you. I like this look on her.

14. Susan May 6, 2014 at 05:05 #

Love it.

15. Dhppy May 6, 2014 at 06:49 #

I kind of miss the spiky hair and the sneakers.

16. Phillippa Duncan May 6, 2014 at 07:15 #

Keira Knightley would have rocked this dress – Kirsten looks as always awkward

17. Yeliz May 6, 2014 at 07:54 #

Love it. She pulls off the dress, it looks much better on her than on the runway. I would’ve preferred strappy sandals but I’m OK with the pumps. The hair totally suits this look. I think this is one of her best looks, she looks amazing.

18. scarlett May 6, 2014 at 08:29 #

I don’t hate the dress, and on someone like Keira it would have worked, but Kristen can’t even stand up straight.

19. amy May 6, 2014 at 08:50 #

I like this. the hair is questionable but she looks okay

20. Betelgeuze May 6, 2014 at 09:33 #

It baffles me, but I actually very much like this look.
    I’m not very sure why. Kristen marches to the beat of her own drum, while the nipped-in waist and couture quality makes it remotely on theme.

21. the dame May 6, 2014 at 09:46 #

I think this dress is hideous both on and off the runway, it looks like it was hot glued from scraps by one of the drag queens on ru paul’s drag race who can’t sew…

22. Marcel May 6, 2014 at 12:09 #

She just ruined a beautiful dress. But then, she does it most of times.
    She is a ” Jeans & Converse ” girl , not more, not less.

23. Marilyn May 6, 2014 at 13:45 #

A usualk Kirsten never ceases to underwhelm – hair?? shoes?? posture??

24. justme May 6, 2014 at 15:27 #

The one person I did not miss on the red carpet. At least, she’s smiling. I don’t know why considering her dress but she genuinely seems to enjoy being there so there’s that.

25. Stel May 6, 2014 at 17:35 #

This girl stil doesn’t know how to pose.. Still.

26. Guest May 6, 2014 at 19:53 #

I have never been a fan of Chanel. Stewart wore a lot of fantastic outfits from Balenciaga, but this Chanel cooperation doesn’t look good to me. At first, I didn’t like this dress. Now I’d say, why not? Only somebody like Stewart could pull this off. I think the only thing that doesn’t work here (apart from a pretty ugly collection) is the length of the dress. It makes Stewart look bad in pumps and the model look bad in trainers.

27. Parvati May 6, 2014 at 22:12 #

I don’t like it. It’s good that she looks confident and happy, but I don’t like the dress.