BDOTW 5 May

Emma Stone took home the prize for best dressed of the week for a second time in a row, this time for her red Valentino mini dress styled with Valentino ankle-strap shoes.

It’s early days yet, but Emma is surely in contention for best promo-tour star of 2014.

I had a really tough decision this week, between Ashley Madekwe in Lanvin and Lucy Liu in Proenza Schouler. No surprises that I ended up opting for the latter.

Lucy can adapt to just about any style. She doesn’t work an edgier angle often, so this look was a pleasant, well-styled and well-executed change.

BDOTW Men 5 May

It appears you didn’t agree with my view that Adam Lambert’s green Kris Van Assche suit styled with a black Saint Laurent shirt was ill-fitted, because he was your favourite this week.

While David Gandy did make me swoon, my pick was Dave Franco in his Band of Outsiders soft grey suit styled with a navy tie. Even though this was formalwear, the soft fabric gave it a more relaxed vibe.

Credit: Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Yvonne Strahovski In Valentino - '24: Live Another Day' World Premiere

Yvonne Strahovski In Valentino – ’24: Live Another Day’ World Premiere

8 Responses to Best Dressed Of The Week – Emma Stone In Valentino, Lucy Liu In Proenza Schouler, Adam Lambert In Kris Van Assche & Dave Franco In Band of Outsiders

1. Alex May 5, 2014 at 11:15 #

So glad you picked Lucy Liu!
    Can’t wait for Met Gala updates!

• Fiona-Brasil May 5, 2014 at 11:52 #

• Kate May 5, 2014 at 15:47 #

Yes! I loved Lucy Liu in Proenza Schouler.

2. glyc87 May 5, 2014 at 11:42 #

Love both looks, FC, but hate the shoes in both cases. And I agree with your pick of Dave Franco; Adam’s suit is too I’ll fitting for me.

3. jd May 5, 2014 at 16:37 #

I voted for Lucy Liu. So tickled she was your pick as well.

4. Sandra May 5, 2014 at 18:51 #

Yeah, love Adam Lambert’s sense of fashion.

5. Sue May 5, 2014 at 21:28 #

I love Adam’s fashion choices, but this one is a miss for me. He looks like his suit shrunk in the wash. The button on the jacket is too high and it is too tight, the jacket and sleeves are too short and the pants are short. I get it that the style of the suit is supposed to be shorter than normal, but there has to be something going on that makes it look better than a suit that looks like it shrunk.If the button on the jacket wasn’t pulling, it might have looked better. If the sleeves were a little longer while the jacket and pants were the same, it might have looked better. The pants were just too short to look good.

It is funny that Adam had to dye his hair back to his original color.

6. Leigh May 6, 2014 at 00:01 #

Franco’s suit is pedestrian (and wrinkled and slighty sloppy) – not a good look – sorry. Lambert’s right off the runway – sharp, edgy, great color – never find him wearing that boring grey suit – thank heavens.