04.05.14 Best Dressed

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The White House Correspondents' Association Dinner

Credit: Getty

Kristin Cavallari's Zac Posen Stretch Duchesse Gown

Kristin Cavallari’s Zac Posen Stretch Duchesse Gown

Beyonce Knowles' Giuseppe Zanotti Strappy Sandals

Beyonce Knowles’ Giuseppe Zanotti Strappy Sandals

19 Responses to Who Was Your Best Dressed At The White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner?

1. Marybeth May 4, 2014 at 20:41 #

Best dressed woman of the night?
    Hmmm. Tough choice.
    Best designer? Easy. Romona Keveza.
    Bellamy’s and Sofia’s gowns are stunning and beautifully suited to the wearers.

I really LOVE that gown on Sofia but would have preferred a lighter necklace, if any.
    So I ultimately voted for Bellamy.

Hats off to Anna Kendrick for her elegant, understated look. Classy.

2. Rashmi May 4, 2014 at 21:15 #

Freida Pinto for me! Understated yet risque.. Very elegant

3. Sarah May 4, 2014 at 21:39 #

Nothing really exciting this year unfortunately imo… but i’ll pick Freida Pinto for the risky choice :)

4. alvaro_spain May 4, 2014 at 21:55 #

Best dressed: Sofia Vergara.
    Runner-up: Julianna Margulies, Bellamy Young and Michelle Obama.

5. NT May 4, 2014 at 22:45 #

Although I love these gowns I was really hoping to see Mindy Kaling’s pink Christian Siriano dress. She looked stunning in it!

6. Nat39 May 4, 2014 at 23:56 #

Darby is my fave even though it’s a repeat.

7. illana achirin May 5, 2014 at 02:58 #

SOFIA VERGARA DEFINITELY!! She’s smart in wearing the white evening dress with gold color at the top, it’s “uniting” her long blonde hair. Sofia looks stunning, sexy indeed!! Thumbs up Ma’am Sofia :)

8. Sonia May 5, 2014 at 04:40 #

I am just mesmerized by Frieda’s beauty….something so alluring about her……so glamorous yet there is earthiness to her……a deadly combo…………..

9. Alexandra Wong May 5, 2014 at 05:46 #

Julianna Margulies ftw! An example of how stunning black evening gowns can be, if executed well.

10. Faellie May 5, 2014 at 08:09 #

Old-fashioned of me, but I follow the rule that a strapless dress is not appropriate for a formal dinner. That rules out Bellamy, Sofia, Anna and Lupita.

How did Bellamy manage to eat anything without it getting on all those folds at the front?

Next, think about how the dress will look sitting at table. That rules out Irina, who will look as though she has a jacket slung across her shoulders.

Then fit. Frieda’s dress looks a bit tight and may crease around the hips while she is sitting for a long dinner, and may be uncomfortable too. Derby’s dress is a fraction too long (compare with the model) and Michelle’s we can’t tell.

The two which got it absolutely spot on are Julianna and Katharine. I love them both, particularly the colour on Katharine’s but Julianna wins for pure sophisticated, elegant beauty.

11. Appu May 5, 2014 at 09:22 #

Loved Irina Shayk’s outfit.

12. Yeliz May 5, 2014 at 10:12 #

1. Katharine McPhee
    2. Irina Shayk
    3. Michelle Obama
    4. Anna Kendrick
    5. Sofia Vergara

13. DM May 5, 2014 at 10:41 #

Ultimately voted for First Lady but Julianna in that sleek sharp black dress was a very close second. Third was Anna, very classy and sophisticated. I liked Frieda in her delicate pale pink too although it was a bit revealing!

14. Maria May 5, 2014 at 17:00 #

My favorite look is Robin Wright’s. There are few pics of her because she skipped the (chaotic and trashy) red carpet. As usual, she choose simplicity and class, showing just letting her spectacular Pilates body speak for itself.

• Catherine Kallon May 5, 2014 at 17:46 #

There isn’t a picture of her below the waist. She is wearing Roland Mouret

15. Wendy May 5, 2014 at 17:22 #

Where is Jessica Simpson?

16. Jones19 May 5, 2014 at 17:39 #

Darby wins for me, can’t beat a redhead in green!

17. EmmaWoodhouse May 5, 2014 at 18:40 #

Michelle Obama wins for me. Loved her dress.