Naomi Watts In Preen – BVLGARI: 130 Years of Masterpiece Exhibition Launch Gala

Naomi Watts In Preen - BVLGARI 130 Years of Masterpiece Exhibition Launch Gala

Naomi Watts attended a gala to celebrate the BVLGARI: 130 Years of Masterpieces exhibition launch in Houston, Texas on Thursday (April 30).

The actress wore a Preen Pre-Fall 2014 V-back frock for the occasion.

What’s striking about this look is the mix of floral devoré and sunshine-yellow, which makes it a standout cocktail option.

Being the perfect brand ambassador, she styled the look with a Bvlgari serpent necklace and the brand’s popular Bvlgari ‘Lipstick’ clutch in patchwork metallic silver.

Nude Christian Louboutin ‘So Kate’ pumps, an orange lip and a wavy updo completed her look.

I was tempted to say the necklace was a tad too much but, on reflection, it adds a lot to the look, especially when styled with that clutch.

Credit: Style.com & BVLGARI

Sophia Bush In Robert Rodriguez - The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Sophia Bush In Robert Rodriguez – The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Prada And Harrods Present Pradasphere

Prada And Harrods Present Pradasphere

13 Responses to Naomi Watts In Preen – BVLGARI: 130 Years of Masterpiece Exhibition Launch Gala

1. Christine May 1, 2014 at 17:52 #

Kinda granny ish

2. Alina May 1, 2014 at 18:04 #

I don’t like this.

P.S.: Wasn’t this necklace worn by Jessica Biel at Cannes? :)

3. Joy May 1, 2014 at 18:12 #

This look has a lot going on.I love the idea of this dress, but I just can’t get past the fabric. And what about those shoes? I do love the flowy style and of course the yellow is gorgeous.

4. Marybeth May 1, 2014 at 18:31 #

I like the dress but the styling doesn’t work for me. The nude pumps are too pedestrian. The big diamond necklace and silvery clutch are too formal and fussy.

I know she is there to wear Bulgari, so why not pick a frock that is simpler and will make the jewelry the focal point?
    A solid and darker dress worn with silvery heels would be great with that necklace and clutch.

• Mandy May 2, 2014 at 02:59 #

+1 Great point, totally agree.

• jones19 May 2, 2014 at 11:02 #

+2. Totally, why is she wearing such an attention grabbing dress when she is there to celebrate jewelry? She should have made the jewels the center pieces

5. dee May 1, 2014 at 19:12 #

I think the dress is really pretty. It sorta has a 1920′s vibe that I like and I think works for Naomi. However, I don’t think the jewerly goes with the dress. I think she should have worn something else. Like MaryBeth suggested something simpler.

6. Rebecca Z May 1, 2014 at 20:22 #

I love the dress and I think it is fine with the necklace and the clutch. Would the dress alone have been better? Maybe. Could she have selected a better showcase for the jewlery? Maybe. But together they are dazzling and memorable. Fancier shoes would have produced total overload.

7. shap_half May 1, 2014 at 20:59 #

I tried to like this, but I don’t.

8. Dressaddict May 1, 2014 at 21:42 #

I really like it. Ok, I love it. But Preen? I thought it was Kate Moss for Topshop, to be honest.

9. kane May 1, 2014 at 23:42 #

I can get on board with dress, hair and lip colour. Way too overstyled.

10. addaloria May 2, 2014 at 02:24 #

Stunning. I love the vibe, the color, the whole package.

11. Kathy May 2, 2014 at 03:41 #

I love the dress and necklace but I’m not too keen on the clutch or shoes. What a shame…this could have been spectacular with the right styling.