Rita Ora In Acne Studios – Out In New York City

Rita Ora In Acne Studios - Out In New York City

Rita Ora was spotted out in New York City on Tuesday (April 29).

The singer, who is working hard to crack America, wore an Acne Studios Fall 2014 look which had plenty of interesting elements.

With a mint-green swirl print playing a huge part here, Rita wore grey tweed cropped trousers and a white silk blouse which was enveloped with a light-grey wrap sweater draped like a warm wool blanket.

This piece couldn’t have been a more appropriate choice considering the rain.

Blacked-out shades, Stuart Weitzman silver ‘Nudist’ sandals, slicked-back hair and a Rimmel red lip completed her urban-chic look.

Does this look work for you, or are you confused by the restrictiveness of the sweater?

Credit: Style.com & FameFlynet

Karlie Kloss In Azzedine Alaia - Victoria's Secret 'Heavenly' Fragrance Launch

Karlie Kloss In Azzedine Alaia – Victoria’s Secret ‘Heavenly’ Fragrance Launch

Wish List Wednesday

Wish List Wednesday

14 Responses to Rita Ora In Acne Studios – Out In New York City

1. dee April 30, 2014 at 13:55 #

Once again her look is awful. The sweater is weird. It’s raining so I don’t understand the choice to wear sandals. Also to wear sandals with a sweater? It looks confusing. The skirt looks to big on her.

• Colbert April 30, 2014 at 14:03 #

Most of the time, people (especially celebs) forget that what looks good on the catwalk doesn’t mean it looks good in the real world. She makes that mistake too. It lookes like she has been rolled into a sushi, although the outfit from Acne is perfectly fine. They have nice designs worth seeing.

• Godiva April 30, 2014 at 16:23 #

I was thinking the same thing. It would make more sense if she wasn’t wearing it in the rain with sandals. I know she is being driven from pt. A to pt. B, but this look rather ridiculous. She looks like Sushi.

2. Yeliz April 30, 2014 at 14:03 #

What on earth is this?

3. Christine April 30, 2014 at 14:08 #

Maybe this is why, us, Americans cannot take her seriously.

Like I said before, she is trying waaaay too hard to some sort of fashion icon. Again, what Is this look?

4. justme April 30, 2014 at 14:32 #

What a lovely, fancy straitjacket.

Honestly, I went from being appalled to being genuinely amused by Rita’s style.

5. Alina April 30, 2014 at 15:52 #

I love it on the model.

6. Rebecca Z April 30, 2014 at 17:27 #

I like the bottom but not the top. I don’t find the sandals as puzzling as the shades….

7. alice April 30, 2014 at 19:43 #

she looks like a crazy person that escaped from an asylum

8. ok April 30, 2014 at 20:07 #

This makes her look three times the size she actually is. For that alone, it is a fail.

9. Schuy May 1, 2014 at 02:04 #

While this look is a no for me, I have to admit that I do appreciate the fact that she does not thrust her sexuality in our faces 24/7 like many other current artists. She makes fashion choices that I would often not expect from her which is intriguing.

10. julyol1972 May 1, 2014 at 05:07 #

Oh, she’s just as bad as the rest. Check out her pics on the Daily Mail sometime.

11. Teleholic May 2, 2014 at 02:12 #

She’s just trying way way way too hard. She’s trying to do what Rihanna did, but with Rihanna it (mostly) feels effortless. This just comes off as desperate for attention.

12. CreoleLady May 2, 2014 at 10:37 #

Agree with both Christine and justme. Every now and then Ora gets it right but generally, what they said (lol).