Rebecca Lim In Giambattista Valli Couture – 2014 Star Awards

Rebecca Lim In Giambattista Valli Couture - 2014 Star Awards

Rebecca Lim attended the 2014 Star Awards in Singapore, where she picked up two awards including Best Supporting Actress.

The actress wore a Giambattista Valli Spring 2014 Couture strapless gown with a stunning electric-blue bodice and a pleated peplum mermaid skirt accented with a black waistband.

There is a lot going on, and she carried it well; however, I would’ve stripped back this look further than the understated hairstyle and opted to go sans jewels.

Credit: Style.com & Imagine China

Hailee Steinfeld In Erdem -  The Breast Cancer Research Foundation 2014 Hot Pink Party

Hailee Steinfeld In Erdem – The Breast Cancer Research Foundation 2014 Hot Pink Party

Julie Bowen In SB47 - Jimmy Kimmel Live!

Julie Bowen In SB47 – Jimmy Kimmel Live!

13 Responses to Rebecca Lim In Giambattista Valli Couture – 2014 Star Awards

1. Bec April 29, 2014 at 13:05 #

I have been dyyyyyyyying for someone to wear this dress, but sadly I’m a bit underwhelmed by Rebecca!

I really wanted someone to work the HELL out of this dress and own it and while she looks nice its definitely not what I had in mind.

• Tori April 30, 2014 at 02:54 #

Yes! This dress x10000! I’ve been so obsessed with this dress. I wanted Cate to wear it at the Oscars. I don’t know if it’s Rebecca as much as the location that is underwhelming for me–dingy grey carpet and that logo wall let the dress down I think

2. LeeAnn April 29, 2014 at 13:12 #

How funny before reading your comments I looked at the picture and though: hmmm there’s a lot going on. Naybe if the peplum was simplier.

3. DorianGray April 29, 2014 at 13:16 #

Can I say that I don’t really like the award? :-)

4. dee April 29, 2014 at 13:32 #

This is a hard dress to pull off but I think she makes it work.

5. Christine April 29, 2014 at 14:09 #

Not translating well on the RC

6. Maria April 29, 2014 at 14:53 #

I really, really wanted Cate Blanchett to wear this to the Oscars (even though I know there was no chance). Meh. It’s disappointing on her.

7. Alina April 29, 2014 at 15:11 #

I love this gown and Rebecca wears it well, but somehow I’m disappointed.

I would love to see a re-run of this dress on Nieves Alvarez. :)

8. Dean April 29, 2014 at 15:20 #

I think if it was missing the mermaid detail it would look better. I think having that unique enough peplum with the mermaid is too much.

9. m April 29, 2014 at 16:57 #

i didnt expect her to wear a couture dress, but she doesnt do it justice in my opinion… there were better dressed celebs at the event like the queen, zoe tay, jeanette aw, rui en just to name a few…

10. Betelgeuze April 29, 2014 at 18:50 #

I really tried, but I’m just not on board with this. The skirt’s just way, way too overcooked. I’m actually not sure that even Cate Blanchet could 100% rock this look, and that’s saying something.

11. Rebecca Z April 29, 2014 at 19:05 #

It seems to sit about 4 inches too low on her–she just isn’t tall enough for this complex gown. I don’t really like it all that much, but on someone else –like Cate Blanchette–it might have worked.

12. Yeliz April 29, 2014 at 19:49 #

I was looking forward to seeing this stunning gown on the red carpet but she doesn’t pull it off at all. The skirt looks weird on her.