Emma Stone In Prada - ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Rise Of Electro’ New York Premiere

Emma Stone gave her new bangs their red carpet debut for the ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2′ premiere held at the Ziegfeld Theater on Thursday (April 24) in New York City.

The picture of sophisticated glamour, Emma stunned wearing a Prada nude gown suspended by a metal caged structure with exposed plunging open sides. The bodice is also trimmed with burgundy piping and covered in onyx and silver paillettes.

It’s a gorgeous dress; Miuccia really outdid herself on this occasion, especially with the micro detailing.

Both her hair stylist and makeup artist can also take a bow, as this look is breathtaking from head to toe.

This is the only look on the tour which comes close to rivalling her Atelier Versace London premiere gown.

Would you agree, or does this look rank as your favourite?

Sidney Garber rings completed her look.

Credit: Getty

46 thoughts on “Emma Stone In Prada – ‘The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Rise Of Electro’ New York Premiere

1. François Bresmal

I TOTALLY agree! She’s just outdid the Versace :O Mostly because I love her haircut here but also because as you always say, Prada on the red carpet is a hit or a miss and here it’s a HUGE HIIIITTTTT♥♥♥ She just joined my BDOTY list!

1. Charlotte

I like this. The gown is gorgeous and the make up is perfection.
    Maybe the color on the dress is a little bit too much like her skin tone.

2. Gigi

The dress is so pretty but it doesn’t work on her. It washes her out and her hair doesn’t complement the look IMO

3. Leeann

I love everything about this from its simplicity to the hair and make up. One of my favourite looks of the year

4. Yeliz

She looks so etheral, the gown is divine. I think an elegant hairdo would’ve perfected this look, but I love it nonetheless. It doesn’t beat the Atelier Versace look in my eyes though.

5. Serena

She looks breathtaking! Love the look. (Though it can’t really beat the Atelier Versace one… that was out of this world!)

6. justme

Sadly, the bodice feels very 90′s to me and that’s not a compliment.
    I also agree with Gigi, the colour washes Emma out.

She looks pretty from the neck up though. I like the bangs.

7. Joy

Since I didn’t care for the Versace dress (yes I know I was alone) this is no competition. She is stunning in this dress. Perfection from head to toe. She’s a bit of a cameleon, the way she can do so many styles so well. This look couldn’t be further from the Versace, yet she pull them both off extremely well. Even though the Versace wasn’t for me, i get that she worked it to perfection. Before this promo tour, I had no idea she had all of this in her. Extremely impressed.

8. Noemi

Beautiful dress and great simple styling. I usually don’t like Prada evening dresses, but when she makes good ones, they’re really beautiful and classy.

9. kane

She looks beautiful indeed, but I keep needing double-takes to remind myself that this isn’t Rachel McAdams and I’m just not into the latter’s style that much. Nevertheless, successful look, but not rival for the Atelier Versace.

10. Rebecca Z

Gorgeous. Feminine and classic. Hard to choose between this and the Versace. The yellow was breathtaking, but this dress is elegant and romantic. I like her bangs here.

11. TallyMally

Miuccia really outdid herself? Are you serious? You think MIUCCIA ORADA has time designing dresses for everyone who wants her dress? She’s got people doing that stuff. And would you please stop referring to Mrs. prada like she’s some new designer? Thank you very much.

1. Catherine Kallon Post author

Dear TallyMally,

I think you are taking my comments a little bit too seriously.

Of course Miccia is not sitting down in her studio designing each gown for these celebrities. I am very well aware of how the process works and her involvement.

It is has become somewhat of a tongue-and-cheek comment to mention her, and that is only because both Prada and Miu Miu are not known for her gowns. If you are a regular reader, you will notice that I don’t mention her for any of her runway looks.

I hope this explains this clearly and you can enjoy the funny (so I think) and light-hearted nature to which this reference is attributed to her in these posts.

Kind regards

Catherine aka Fashion Critic

12. pinksugar

I personally think this is AWFUL. Horrible hair, awful color, and nipples for days. One of her worst in my opinion.

13. H

Her hair in undeniably sexy, but the dress is not, I don’t like it at all, her skin is too pale against this so makes me think about a ghost. She has done way better.

14. moonbeam

I love this dress and this look, but I wish it was worn by someone else with more presence, like Lupita N’yongo.

15. Valissa

Another amazing red carpet moment for Emma! Her hair and makeup and flawless and the gown is gorgeous!
    She really can do no wrong IMO

16. Glenda

I’ve got just one word for this: divine.

Just as the week comes to and end, Emma sneaks in to give everyone a run for their fashion money. BDOTW!

17. Syl

She looks amazing but i wish she’d wear that dress in another colour.. It whitewashes her, i’d prefer some blue pastel on her !

18. Schuy

I agree that this gown is a stunning creation. I’m not loving the glimpse of shoe I’m getting in this picture and, for me, the makeup and hair is a miss when paired with this gown. I’m getting two different vibes.

19. Prudence

so i guess I will stand alone because I think this is a miss. she is washed the f*%$ out! first thing that popped into my head was GHOST! Emma, you like Cate seemed to have lost your mojo.

20. susan

I can’t believe this is leading the BDOTW poll! Neck up everything is great! Neck down, she’s completely washed out. The dress is great, just not in that color on Emma! So frustrated looking at this! Leslie Mann in ML is so much deserving straight down to her shoes. Hope you take Leslie in consideration, FC. LOL!

21. Goldfish

Beautiful gown, stunning hair! Loving this entire look. She is really selling this dress to me. I really want it now:-)))

22. liz

Flawless.

They should’ve given this to Lupita for the Oscars instead (yes, I’m the only person who didn’t like the blue dress).

23. Markness

I LOVE THIS! And what I love most is the fabric looks expensive. Looking at some of the Prada red carpet gowns, the fabric looks cheap and wrinkled. This one looks luxurious! Love this dress. And Emma has been consistently keeping me on my toes with her red carpet style. You go gurl!